MACH-E "In production" since 01/09/21

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I posted this in another thread, but would it be that difficult for your car to have a barcode or QR that gets scanned at every station in the process? I realize it's on a much larger scale, but I can know who starts to prepare my pizza, when it goes into the oven and which driver picks it up and when my ETA is at Domino's. Ford should be able to do a little better than notifying customers that your car is completed 9 days after the fact.

If they are going to offer tracking at all, which they are not obligated to do, then I hope it will get a little better. Customers who order things online are accustomed to a certain level of transparency. I just think it would have been very cool to have answers when people asked me when I'm getting my car to be able to tell them it's in the paint shop right now, or it's getting the interior installed, etc.

I would think all it would take is a system that automatically updates when a scan is made, and equipping each station having a barcode scanner you might see at a self checkout.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I posted this in another thread, but would it be that difficult for your car to have a barcode or QR that gets scanned at every station in the process? I realize it's on a much larger scale, but I can know who starts to prepare my pizza, when it goes into the oven and which driver picks it up and when my ETA is at Domino's. Ford should be able to do a little better than notifying customers that your car is completed 9 days after the fact.

If they are going to offer tracking at all, which they are not obligated to do, then I hope it will get a little better. Customers who order things online are accustomed to a certain level of transparency. I just think it would have been very cool to have answers when people asked me when I'm getting my car to be able to tell them it's in the paint shop right now, or it's getting the interior installed, etc.

I would think all it would take is a system that automatically updates when a scan is made, and equipping each station having a barcode scanner you might see at a self checkout.
On the other hand, when I order something from Amazon, I get a "preparing" statement, shipped statement, and an expected delivery day statement. The latter is always off by a minimum of 3 days and usually by a week and not in my favor. So there is that. ;)

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
On the other hand, when I order something from Amazon, I get a "preparing" statement, shipped statement, and an expected delivery day statement. The latter is always off by a minimum of 3 days and usually by a week and not in my favor. So there is that. ;)
One of the few drawbacks of living in paradise I guess. I get notifications when things ship on Amazon and then when they are less than 10 stops away, from that point I can track a blue pin on a map move from stop to stop.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One of the few drawbacks of living in paradise I guess. I get notifications when things ship on Amazon and then when they are less than 10 stops away, from that point I can track a blue pin on a map move from stop to stop.
Nice. I'd kill for a blue pin. :p

Ours comes via a very grumpy, angry at life Postal Service contractor. We can no longer get anything 2nd-day air through Amazon and they almost never use UPS and never use FedEx.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

At the plant, that IS how it works; Ford just chooses not to reveal that level of detail to people over the internet (ie "call your dealer"). Once the car gets handed over to the shipping company, that company has a completely different set of systems/software than Ford does. There is also more than 1 shipper involved, and those shippers aren't excited about exposing their level of tracking either - possibly because they consider telling people over the internet exactly where to find millions of dollars worth of merchandise a security risk.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At the plant, that IS how it works; Ford just chooses not to reveal that level of detail to people over the internet (ie "call your dealer"). Once the car gets handed over to the shipping company, that company has a completely different set of systems/software than Ford does. There is also more than 1 shipper involved, and those shippers aren't excited about exposing their level of tracking either - possibly because they consider telling people over the internet exactly where to find millions of dollars worth of merchandise a security risk.
They need more transparency and less dependence on the dealers. I'm sure the dealers don't want people calling for updates about that. At least my dealer for sure doesn't seem to care at all about my business. It's nearly impossible to get a phone call or email returned. Major flaw in Ford's plan to rely on the dealer for a customer they consider already sold. The dealer has no motivation to try and work to keep my business.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, they're not FedEx who is glad to tell you when it arrived at Memphis and when it left Memphis. What they, or FedEx, are never going to tell you is how many times it was misssorted or "Joe the Stomper" threw it against the container walls underhanded, because it said "Fragile."

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
They need more transparency and less dependence on the dealers. I'm sure the dealers don't want people calling for updates about that. At least my dealer for sure doesn't seem to care at all about my business. It's nearly impossible to get a phone call or email returned. Major flaw in Ford's plan to rely on the dealer for a customer they consider already sold. The dealer has no motivation to try and work to keep my business.
The dealer network is the weak link.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Yeah, they're not FedEx who is glad to tell you when it arrived at Memphis and when it left Memphis. What they, or FedEx, are never going to tell you is how many times it was misssorted or "Joe the Stomper" threw it against the container walls underhanded, because it said "Fragile."
?it's going through Graceland
Graceland
through Memphis, Tennessee
it's going through Graceland ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
?it's going through Graceland
Graceland
through Memphis, Tennessee
it's going through Graceland ?
I wonder if there's a major distribution depot for the MME in Memphis or West Memphis?

Gotta keep this on topic, because that's our motto here at the Mach-e Forums, "If it's not on topic, we're not talking!"

Or is it the other way around?

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD
Occupation
Sales executive
Country flag
Welcome to my world. My RWD ER was built 9th Dec and is still 'in production'. As far as I know it is still sat in Mexico as has been for the past 7 weeks and still hasn't been shipped. So I have to wait at least another 5 weeks from when it is finally shipped
Did you signed the papers? Did the finance and stuff? I ordered my standard RWD in blue on 17th of Dec and I jave no news so far. Not to mention I can't find any pics or films with standard rwd. Only premiums. I am poor. I can't afford

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I had a build date for the week of 01/03. The forum tracker eventually showed a "Production Date" of 01/15 when I checked it on that day. Just received an email from Ford to expect delivery from 03/13 to 03/19. I wasn't in the group that received an email saying that my vehicle would be delayed, so I guess I shouldn't expect my delivery date to improve. ☹
Sponsored