nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
My local dealer has a MME GT for $71,000 msrp and a Lightning F-150 for $88,000 msrp both available, no ADM.
Sponsored

Cuddlecool

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Professional education
Country flag
Maxwell Ford in Austin, TX has 7 Mach-E's advertised, including this one (although it has a green window sticker, so perhaps it's still spoken for). Maybe if I gave up drinking Starbucks everyday for about 100 years I could afford it.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 3.25.49 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 3.28.02 PM.png

NotoriousBOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GTI
Country flag
I just bought a 23 MME Select at MSRP in Los Angeles (Star Lincoln Ford in Glendale) on Friday the 13th (it's a lucky number in my family). They had 24 MMEs on the lot, about 1/3rd of them Selects. Dealer originally called me Monday and I'm pretty sure they hadn't sold more than 1 or 2 till Friday when I got mine.

I had an order going into production on 2/20/23 that I was not likely to take possession of before the regulations update planned for March so I decided to try to 'skip the line' and buy one now to ensure I'd get the full $7500 credit.

Dealer originally tried selling with the $5K ADM but didn't even try to negotiate down to an intermediate ADM once I told them that if they don't sell at MSRP I'm waiting till my custom order comes in. So I walked out with it at MSRP.

I had also contacted another local dealer (Bob Wondries) and they were only advertising $3500 ADM and got them to drop that to $0 using that same strategy just over text without even going in.

I suspect that in a couple of months they can likely be had below MSRP so there's a risk in the end I will have overpaid but I wanted that $7500 guaranteed so I just went for it.

OP
OP

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
The fact you’re able to do this in California is HUGE. That’s the one place I thought was immune.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Where I am located (So Calif), prices are still over MSRP.

Gas prices still the highest in the country is leading to the ADM.

Dealers know about the tax credits available on the Select and base Premiums by adding the $10K ADM.
Those factors, plus with interest rates higher, financing is far more expensive than it was a year ago. Market adjustments will happen, as dealer lots fill, and the ADM trend becomes impossible to sustain.

dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag
I had also contacted another local dealer (Bob Wondries) and they were only advertising $3500 ADM and got them to drop that to $0 using that same strategy just over text without even going in.
Just a heads up that Bob Wondries will be closing on March 1, 2023. They have a few Select and maybe one GT on the lot. They may be more willing to deal at this time, so that may be one reason you were able to get them to come down to MSRP.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Just a heads up that Bob Wondries will be closing on March 1, 2023. They have a few Select and maybe one GT on the lot. They may be more willing to deal at this time, so that may be one reason you were able to get them to come down to MSRP.
They did my second HVBJB replacement when the part failed while we were on a road trip to LA. Their service department and advisor were surly and a poor experience. Their dealership and service department seemed focused almost solely on fleet sales. They did fix my car properly (under a Ford field engineer's supervision), but it doesn't surprise me that they're closing.

dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag
They did my second HVBJB replacement when the part failed while we were on a road trip to LA. Their service department and advisor were surly and a poor experience. Their dealership and service department seemed focused almost solely on fleet sales. They did fix my car properly (under a Ford field engineer's supervision), but it doesn't surprise me that they're closing.
Yeah, I remember reading your posts about the "taco stand" that repaired your car! To be honest, that worried me because that was the dealer I used to order my car. At that point, though, I was too afraid to make any changes while waiting for my car, so I just tried to do all my research so that I'd be armed with accurate information when I went in. I did have some issues with the purchase, but those have mostly worked out.

DuffCon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Subaru Ascent
Country flag
Wanted to chime in that my local dealer called me with an offer of my pick of 5 different MMEs (3 select, 2 premium). They are all orders that were passed on.

I have a select on order from October that isn't scheduled. They are offering them to ppl who have orders in at MSRP.

Looks like the tide has turned. To be fair, this dealer claims that they never did ADM. I asked about discounting and they said that Ford will not let them sell below MSRP.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I have high doubts GM will get $30kish Equinox out there soon since they tend to launch with the highest trim ones first and just seems like common sense to build more expensive versions first (like Hummer EV). There seems to be a lot of charging problems with GM EVs at the moment from vids I've seen so there is still a big learning curve I'd guess. More competition is good for consumers.
Charging problems with GM EVS?
Drove a Volt for 4 years on EV- never a charging problem.
4.5 years with Bolt, still going strong with free new and larger battery pack - never a charging problem.
Use the GM supplied Level 1 supply cord on MME and Bolt for most of charging (direct from solar).
The Ford supplied supply cord trips the breaker (same breaker as above).

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Looks like the tide has turned. To be fair, this dealer claims that they never did ADM. I asked about discounting and they said that Ford will not let them sell below MSRP.
That sounds like a load of BS to me!

Nothing I can do, my hands are tied.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Charging problems with GM EVS?
Drove a Volt for 4 years on EV- never a charging problem.
4.5 years with Bolt, still going strong with free new and larger battery pack - never a charging problem.
Use the GM supplied Level 1 supply cord on MME and Bolt for most of charging (direct from solar).
The Ford supplied supply cord trips the breaker (same breaker as above).

Watch recent youtube videos about the Hummer EV charging. There seems to be constant problems across the board currently. I'm not talking about a Bolt.

More about Ultium.

Last edited:

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
You will be fine with a BEV

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Got a call from local Puente Hills Ford in So Cal saying they have lots of Select and Premium base MME in stock (on lot).

I asked for prices on a Premium base RWD and they said $7K ADM which is better than last year at $15K.

$56K Premium base is being offered at $63K - so $7K ADM which is less than before!

I'll wait for my incoming ordered MME at $54,975 before D&D = $7500 tax credit by squeaking under the max!

Funny "No Haggle Net Cost $63,561" with a discount of $1 :D :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Inventory Everywhere IMG_A30F98423CF7-1
Sponsored