Mach-E Loses its Consumer Reports Recommended Rating

Deleted member 14221

Is there anyone, besides those 6 pages of members debunking the JD Power ratings just 2 weeks ago, that is surprised? I was not, forming my opinion just from reading this forum.
Opinions like this, debunking (incorrectly) the JD Power survey.

Oh, really??

But hopefully, some good will come from these CR ratings. Maybe Jim Farley can spare some time to got to CR Headquarters, and find out why CR rated the MME as they did.

Just like Alan Mulally did back in 2007. You guys remember that, right?
Absolutely. This is another misleading article. I'm not sure what your ford ceo article has to do with anything. If you feel like you are so jaded after buying a mach e, I feel sorry for you. This is a great car. You're welcome to go buy a tesla and not come back here.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Izzle

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mus Mach-E GT Performance; 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Country flag
I love CR but they gotta stop with the survey results. Basically some people are annoyed with the tech which is constantly getting updated so now the whole car is not recommended. Not to mention the contactor issue is nonexistent on later models. Itā€™s so misleading.
I understand the drawbacks of the surveys but how else would you get a general predicted reliability of a product other than surveying owners on issues they have had?

OP
OP

Izzle

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine will be fantastic when the HVBJB replacement is completed hopefully by the end of next week... ;)
I haven't had the issue myself YET but I know it's just a matter of time. Wish I could just get the repair done now instead of risking the chance of it going out on the road.

SXBB

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Cardiovascular Perfusionist
Country flag
Hold that thought! Iā€™d been thinking the same thing & got lucky. Funny how itā€™s all at once the biggest fear, and the most wished for thing of an affected MME owner.

šŸ˜‚

I haven't had the issue myself YET but I know it's just a matter of time. Wish I could just get the repair done now instead of risking the chance of it going out on the road.

OP
OP

Izzle

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hold that thought! Iā€™d been thinking the same thing & got lucky. Funny how itā€™s all at once the biggest fear, and the most wished for thing of an affected MME owner.

šŸ˜‚
Is that not the truth.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I understand the drawbacks of the surveys but how else would you get a general predicted reliability of a product other than surveying owners on issues they have had?
I just did a survey about washing machines and there was literally no verification of anything, I also think thatā€™s a huge issue. I would just stick to staff doing testing for reliability. Wirecutter and Edmunds does this for cars.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I don't put much stock in CR - they tend to be overly sensitive to certain tech.

If CR did a survey of 2022 LIghtning owners, there would be a lot of negatives because of the heavily tech exposed issues that many people can't comprehend or use.

I'm more techy and EV experienced than most due to my job but thinking of all the others who are not may not give the same understanding.

Just glad that Ford has been responsive with OTA updates to mitigate issues.

And glad that after 2 years of MME production, mine will be a '23 without many of the teething issues...

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
Just glad that Ford has been responsive with OTA updates to mitigate issues.
Well, not for me. I went to the dealer in November to get the July OTA that Ford bragged about. It seems like everybody on here is talking about the Alexa and full screen android auto updates and I don't have either one of those yet. Anybody got any advice on how I can get some of these updates?

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Well, not for me. I went to the dealer in November to get the July OTA that Ford bragged about. It seems like everybody on here is talking about the Alexa and full screen android auto updates and I don't have either one of those yet. Anybody got any advice on how I can get some of these updates?
You can call the FORD OTA team. They may be able to push it through. Having said that, I still don't have my Recall OTA update yet.

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
This isn't anything new. I remember the Model Y also had a flip flop from CR when it kept on losing its recommendation and then gained it. Overall, I think post June 2022, the models have been pretty reliable since the HVJBJ fix. Yeah the OTA update situation could be better and I hope they get that shit together but CR often makes a mountain out of a molehill. Things will be in a flux for most EVs especially when it comes to the software in the car.

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
You can call the FORD OTA team. They may be able to push it through. Having said that, I still don't have my Recall OTA update yet.
Thanks. I thought you were joking about the FORD OTA TEAM, but it looks like that is a real thing. I'll try calling.

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
Absolutely. This is another misleading article. I'm not sure what your ford ceo article has to do with anything. If you feel like you are so jaded after buying a mach e, I feel sorry for you. This is a great car. You're welcome to go buy a tesla and not come back here.
Doesnā€™t actually own a MachE I believe and just trolls this forum sporadically is what Iā€™ve observed.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
It seems that if you criticize Ford failures on this forum, you are a "troll". That is BS.

I own 9,400 shares of Ford stock. I originally joined this MME forum, and other Ford forums, to determine whether or not to stay invested.

I do not currently own an MME because of all the problems that have been presented on this forum. If you think that they are few and far between, you have not been on this forum long enough.

And I occasionally come back to check if the problems are being solved. Mixed reviews, so far, from the forum MME owners.

So I will keep my relatively trouble free 2016 Platinum F150 and my 2017 Titanium Edge until, or if, Ford gets its act together.

It is difficult to dump a stock that is paying a 5%+ dividend and has a P/E of 6+/-.

Especially since Tesla has a P/E of 56, no dividend, and is down about 50% in the past year, from $360 to $182.

So come on Ford, I put my money where my mouth is, now do your job!!
Sponsored