Mach-E Loses its Consumer Reports Recommended Rating

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Is your car working? My point remains. You are complaining about an issue you've read about but has not affected you, and apparently if your car is functioning properly then the software update was sufficient.

Stop complaining for the sake of it.
The software update was essentially a CEL light telling you that your car is about to die vs die suddenly. It does nothing to fix the under specced part.

It like if gm decided not to fix the battery fire situation with the volt until It catches on fire. You would argue that it’s ok because your car did not catch on fire yet so don’t worry about it And don’t complain.

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
Is your car working? My point remains. You are complaining about an issue you've read about but has not affected you, and apparently if your car is functioning properly then the software update was sufficient.

Stop complaining for the sake of it.
Ok Mr. Ford. I'm not complaining for the sake of it. There is an unresolved hardware defect in the vehicle, and it's on my mind when I exert the vehicle. Ford should resolve the hardware defect so it's not on my mind.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Ok Mr. Ford. I'm not complaining for the sake of it. There is an unresolved hardware defect in the vehicle, and it's on my mind when I exert the vehicle. Ford should resolve the hardware defect so it's not on my mind.
Mr Ford? OK. That's stupid, but OK. If it bothers you so much, sell the car. Used MMEs are selling for higher prices than new in some cases.

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Saw this today and checked my Consumer Reports subscription, sure enough it now has a one out of five rating for reliability so I can confirm that this "MotorBiscuit" source is accurate.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/1-electric-car-no-longer-recommended-consumer-reports/

Data was collected by CR through their survey sent out to owners and ranking it based on responses for other vehicles. I have to assume that this big drop is in part to the HVBJB problems.
I read this the other day on an article blasting the Tacoma or tundra. It might’ve been the straw that… My 2023 is set to arrive in December. My 2021 was a lemon. I think I’ll pass on the new one. I love Ford and Mustangs but I think they’re years away from figuring this EV thing out.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag

soloknight6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro 2SS, Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Our Mach-E was reliable for 35,704 miles. Yesterday it was towed to the dealer after leaving us stranded. The dealer confirmed HVBJB today and supplied us with a little Hyundai sedan. I'm glad we were still covered by the warranty, but I no longer have any faith in the reliability of this vehicle.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just a matter of time for most of us. We should all be able to make an appointment and bring our car in to have the part replaced.

I fear flooring the car and then having “the problem”. Just shouldn’t be.

Snowrider69

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition
Country flag
It's shocking to me the level of perfection that some forum members expect. Has my 2021 FE been flawless? No. However, I went in eyes wide open knowing the cost and risk. Overall it's a great car.

I put down my $60K to invest in Fords future. By the time Ford meets your expectations, you'll be dead. In the meantime, the rest of us will enjoy driving our MME.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Our Mach-E was reliable for 35,704 miles. Yesterday it was towed to the dealer after leaving us stranded. The dealer confirmed HVBJB today and supplied us with a little Hyundai sedan. I'm glad we were still covered by the warranty, but I no longer have any faith in the reliability of this vehicle.
Does anyone know if Ford with cover the HVBJB outside of warranty? Did the recall extend the warrant?

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
It's shocking to me the level of perfection that some forum members expect. Has my 2021 FE been flawless? No. However, I went in eyes wide open knowing the cost and risk. Overall it's a great car.

I put down my $60K to invest in Fords future. By the time Ford meets your expectations, you'll be dead. In the meantime, the rest of us will enjoy driving our MME.
Umm....I think the majority accepts little glitches like PAAK or Carplay not being 100% reliable. What the majority won't accept is our cars not working and leaving us stranded due to a known defect and Ford refusing to do the right thing and replacing defective part proactively. Furthermore. the hoops owners have to jump through when their cars succumb to the HVBJB defect to get their car fix. How many other manufacturer require the own to call Ford corporate to ensure that the dealers order the right part the correct way? All that needed to be streamlined.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
... if your car is functioning properly then the software update was sufficient.
I can't tell if you really believe this or if you're just attempting to win an argument. In any case, it's incorrect and there's plenty of evidence in this forum to prove that owners are right to be nervous and frustrated about the HVBJB problem even with the software update and a currently functioning MME.

I'm totally fine with CR's decision here. Ford deserves it IMHO, and hopefully it'll lead to change that's good for all of us.

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
I can't tell if you really believe this or if you're just attempting to win an argument. In any case, it's incorrect and there's plenty of evidence in this forum to prove that owners are right to be nervous and frustrated about the HVBJB problem even with the software update and a currently functioning MME.

I'm totally fine with CR's decision here. Ford deserves it IMHO, and hopefully it'll lead to change that's good for all of us.
Agree, the neg rating is more likely to light a fire at the Ford higher ups than complaints on this forum.
Sponsored