mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
It seems that if you criticize Ford failures on this forum, you are a "troll". That is BS.

I own 9,400 shares of Ford stock. I originally joined this MME forum, and other Ford forums, to determine whether or not to stay invested.

I do not currently own an MME because of all the problems that have been presented on this forum. If you think that they are few and far between, you have not been on this forum long enough.

And I occasionally come back to check if the problems are being solved. Mixed reviews, so far, from the forum MME owners.

So I will keep my relatively trouble free 2016 Platinum F150 and my 2017 Titanium Edge until, or if, Ford gets its act together.

It is difficult to dump a stock that is paying a 5%+ dividend and has a P/E of 6+/-.

Especially since Tesla has a P/E of 56, no dividend, and is down about 50% in the past year, from $360 to $182.

So come on Ford, I put my money where my mouth is, now do your job!!
Given the gamestop nonsense I always have a slight curiosity in the back of my head how often similar non community driven attempts at driving stock prices one way or another happen without the general public knowing about it. I personally don't put much stock in online forums until they connect with real world verifiable outcomes. I do own an MME and will continue to until it craps out completely on me.
Sponsored

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
Funny, last weekend I was in a restaurant parking lot and the guy parking next to me asked about how we liked our MME. He was an investor in Ford as well. We love our MME, and he was very knowledgeable about the MME even though he didn't own one. I respect investors who try to get real life (albeit anecdotal) info on their company's products.

As for our MME, we Love it, warts and all. It is at our dealer now for the HVBJB replacement. We knew getting into an EV (especially one built from the ground up) will come with its ups and downs. I chalk it up to being an early adopter of the technology, and expect hiccups along the way. I am patient, as long as Ford stands behind their product and fixes what is broken.

Having said that, I also understand our fellow forum members who paid a good sum of money for their EV, and expect it to operate as advertised.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford responded:

“For Mach-E we issued a recall for certain 2021 and 2022 vehicles. [We] updated software to prevent any damage to the contactors. In July we rolled out an OTA (over the air) update [that] included improvements to plug and charge feature to increase successful charger activation rate.” Owners can contact Ford customer service at 800-392-3673.
updated software to prevent any damage to the contactors ??????

This is not actuate correct?

I am guessing that masking under designed hardware with software did not help the reliability or gain them many points on corporate ethics. I think those that own an MME know exactly why CR has done what they have done. Some of us are thinking why did it take them so long. Trying to change reality with disinformation only works for so long and only on some.

If CR did a survey of 2022 LIghtning owners, there would be a lot of negatives because of the heavily tech exposed issues that many people can't comprehend or use.
What about the ones that can comprehend and use tech but the tech just does not work? It is looking like we will need to drive the first leg this winter with soaked batteries using most the energy to condition them since preconditioning is a no go any more. At least when we stop sooner than we should to DCFC we can expect so so charging but of course only to 80% then it dies.

And glad that after 2 years of MME production, mine will be a '23 without many of the teething issues...
Best of luck on that since most here are running current software that you likely will also be getting. The only thing you may be getting is not having the understanding that the HVJB may crap out on you at any point on your trip. I think you will not be getting more that 80 to 10% of 90 KW (65 KW) of your 100 KW battery for travel just like the rest of us.

Agree with the ones that state if you do not mention it (over and over again) it will never get better. Forums are always the best way to understand the problems and if you can live with them. MME is a nice car to drive but some of the problems may be hard to live with for some. It is dependent on your uses and if you can live with some of the basics still not functioning too well. Sure there has been garbage added to the equation over the years but you can learn to filter that out. A survey and summary of real owners opinions matters. It is good to have these types of places. CR may know we exist.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
This may sound like I’m coming to the defence of CR (I’m not :) ) but the probability of discovering the HVBJB issues within their small window of testing is likely as close to zero as you can get.

So is it useful for them to speculate, based on a very small amount of time spent with the car, on what kinds of issues “may” crop up in the future and issue a recco based on a guess? I personally don’t think so. They obviously would never have “guessed” that the HVBJB would be an issue. I’m assuming neither did Ford.

Bottom line is crystal balls, historically, have a spotty track record.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Why? The more Ford gets called out for their pathetic non-fix of the HVBJB the better the chance they might actually fix it properly.
I started disliking CR back in the 80's and think people who make up their minds based on them are being led astray. As far as your opinion of a "pathetic non-fix" please describe all the issues you have had with the HVBJB in your personal car and how Ford has failed to service it?

OP
OP

Izzle

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mus Mach-E GT Performance; 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Country flag
I started disliking CR back in the 80's and think people who make up their minds based on them are being led astray. As far as your opinion of a "pathetic non-fix" please describe all the issues you have had with the HVBJB in your personal car and how Ford has failed to service it?
It's not that they won't fix it, it is that so many people had problems with it in the first place. No matter if they fix it or not, it is still a BIG hit on reliability.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
It's not that they won't fix it, it is that so many people had problems with it in the first place. No matter if they fix it or not, it is still a BIG hit on reliability.
Has it happened in your car? It has not in mine.

OP
OP

Izzle

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mus Mach-E GT Performance; 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Country flag
Has it happened in your car? It has not in mine.
I think that is a poor way to look at it. Because something has not personally happened to me does not mean it does not exist. This issue is a known one that has shown to be prevalent enough that even Ford acknowledged it with a software "fix".

I guess by your logic there is no need to ever take my car in for recalls if the particular problem hasn't happened to me.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I think that is a poor way to look at it. Because something has not personally happened to me does not mean it does not exist. This issue is a known one that has shown to be prevalent enough that even Ford acknowledged it with a software "fix".

I guess by your logic there is no need to ever take my car in for recalls if the particular problem hasn't happened to me.
My point is more about people complaining that Ford has not properly addressed an issue to their satisfaction when it apparently affects a very small percentage of vehicles, and has not affected them. If my car works great I'm not going to complain to Ford that someone else's isn't. That's for them to do. Besides, the software update has rolled out and Ford thinks it is sufficient, who are we to disagree unless we have first hand experience?

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
My point is more about people complaining that Ford has not properly addressed an issue to their satisfaction when it apparently affects a very small percentage of vehicles, and has not affected them. If my car works great I'm not going to complain to Ford that someone else's isn't. That's for them to do. Besides, the software update has rolled out and Ford thinks it is sufficient, who are we to disagree unless we have first hand experience?
It apparently affects a large enough percentage of vehicles the NHTSA made Ford do a stop sale until they released software that would cause the HVBJB to fail less abruptly and severely.

When I DCFC then drive my car from sea level to 8000 ft over 100 mi (and almost all the climbing in the last 50 mi) I shouldn't have to think about if my HVBJB is going to die when I floor it to pass someone at 8000 ft. The car is being sold as a direct ICE replacement, so it should act like one.

winwardneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E 2021
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
Reactions: pmd

winwardneil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E 2021
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
Saw this today and checked my Consumer Reports subscription, sure enough it now has a one out of five rating for reliability so I can confirm that this "MotorBiscuit" source is accurate.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/1-electric-car-no-longer-recommended-consumer-reports/

Data was collected by CR through their survey sent out to owners and ranking it based on responses for other vehicles. I have to assume that this big drop is in part to the HVBJB problems.

I understand the frustration. Phone as a key is dreadful - even after the update. I got the second key as recall and have it as backup, but basically need to make sure I carry a key with me always. If I do that, it works fine. Also, bluetooth sync is slow with phone and carplay but, if you realize that and wait, it is fine. It is so much worse than Tesla.

Having said that, both Tesla and Ford have to realize there are some functions that are better NOT accessed through the screen. If it is dangerous to text and drive, it is certainly dangerous to put on your seat heater or adjust the HVAC through screen while driving.

The whole screen interface is very windows 8, but that is a Ford issue and not specific to the Mac-E. This car drives well, but generally has a lot of pain in the neck issues. I want to sell it probablby every week, but then...inertia

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e GT
Country flag
Saw this today and checked my Consumer Reports subscription, sure enough it now has a one out of five rating for reliability so I can confirm that this "MotorBiscuit" source is accurate.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/1-electric-car-no-longer-recommended-consumer-reports/

Data was collected by CR through their survey sent out to owners and ranking it based on responses for other vehicles. I have to assume that this big drop is in part to the HVBJB problems.
Still no problems after 25000 KMS. Dec 2022 delivered

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
It apparently affects a large enough percentage of vehicles the NHTSA made Ford do a stop sale until they released software that would cause the HVBJB to fail less abruptly and severely.

When I DCFC then drive my car from sea level to 8000 ft over 100 mi (and almost all the climbing in the last 50 mi) I shouldn't have to think about if my HVBJB is going to die when I floor it to pass someone at 8000 ft. The car is being sold as a direct ICE replacement, so it should act like one.
Is your car working? My point remains. You are complaining about an issue you've read about but has not affected you, and apparently if your car is functioning properly then the software update was sufficient.

Stop complaining for the sake of it.
Sponsored