SamKar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford mustang mach e
Country flag
I bought my mach e 3 months ago. Since I got it the weather in Chicago has been cold. My battery rang never was accurate or even close to the actual miles traveled. My power usage rate has in average been between 1.3-2 miles/kwh. I even started turning off heat to save on electricity but still from 80-20% battery will only drive about 100-120 miles. I would like to ask mach e users have you been seeing this range issues as well.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I bought my mach e 3 months ago. Since I got it the weather in Chicago has been cold. My battery rang never was accurate or even close to the actual miles traveled. My power usage rate has in average been between 1.3-2 miles/kwh. I even started turning off heat to save on electricity but still from 80-20% battery will only drive about 100-120 miles. I would like to ask mach e users have you been seeing this range issues as well.
To analyze your numbers:

Assuming you have the extended range battery (91kW), 60% of it is about 55kWh. In the winter, getting 2.2 - 2.4 miles per kilowatt, on the highway, would be in the ballpark, so 120 - 130 miles. If you're only getting 1.3 miles per kilowatt, then you're likely blasting the heat, not preconditioning with a departure time, and maybe driving well over 70mph?

Take a look at the thread listed.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes - same results here but as expected; although, for the most part I hover around 1.8 to 2 mi/kWh. I drive between 50 and 35 MPH around town and keep my heat at 72. So my guess is you average a bit higher speed or maybe run heat a bit more. Spring is on the way and the range will begin to increase!

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Using 50-60% of your battery to drive 100-120 miles means you’d get about 200 miles from a full charge. In Chicago winter, that seems about correct. If you are unfamiliar with EVs and winter, I do recommend the thread @hybrid2bev linked above.

DamDoc

First Name
Dr R Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Mach E AWD select; 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Consulting Engineering
Country flag
Here in southern maine, it looks like i get toward about half the estimated range, but i have a heavy foot too.. Last summer, it was usually pretty much on the money…. Just need to calibrate yourself.

shayna

First Name
niekdoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
kia picanto
Country flag
I'm set to accept my 22 Mach E tomorrow, took out of a client's dropped request. Is it genuine that the Mach E has a lot of programming bugs and issues, connecting with the 12v battery as well as the product refreshes? Seeing these grumblings online truly is getting me terrified and re-thinking in the event that I need this vehicle. Does the telephone key truly not work and there are no OTA refreshes?

Tutuapp 9Apps

Last edited:

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
I'm set to accept my 22 Mach E tomorrow, took out of a client's dropped request. Is it genuine that the Mach E has a lot of programming bugs and issues, connecting with the 12v battery as well as the product refreshes? Seeing these grumblings online truly is getting me terrified and re-thinking in the event that I need this vehicle. Does the telephone key truly not work and there are no OTA refreshes?
I short no and no. Mache has it's quirks but I have been using paak for a year now and it's been fine.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
If I may be so bold as to generalize Mach E owners on this forum, the vast majority of us here pre-ordered in 2019 and have indeed suffered 1st-year model early adopter issues, some minor and some major.

The Mach E is capable of OTA, and Ford has shipped over two dozen of them to our cars since launch. Most owners will probably agree Ford's OTA process is definitely not as good as say Rivian or Tesla. That said, it's one of the few models that actually do OTAs and it's far superior than bringing your car to a dealer to get fixed applied.

Yes, there have been some issues with 12v battery management in some scenarios, but they have fixed another defect with that system with the 6.x software versions that came out this quarter.

In summary, remember that happy people usually don't sign up to a forum and post just to say "I'm happy", but angry people definitely will! So you are likely seeing a negative skewed perception online.
Sponsored