mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Does he? Can you name one good idea he has ever had?

The guy bounced around the industry as an employee of various companies, designing luxury cars for 20 years. Now he fancies himself a businessman, but all three of his independent ventures failed miserably. He might be a competent designer, or a nice guy, or maybe he's kind to animals. But I have seen no indication that Mr. Fisker is an idea man.
He has become rich creating bankrupt companies.
Sponsored

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Definitely a significant drop, but that still remains a relatively expensive car.

Who would risk buying one now knowing the company may go under? What would that mean for warranty, fixes and updates in the coming years?

Grim prospect.
Lease one and when the company goes under just stop paying.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lease one and when the company goes under just stop paying.
Most likely they will sell the leases as part of the bankruptcy process, and the new owner of your lease isn't going to let you stop paying. If you stop paying I expect they will take you to collections and it will hurt your credit rating.

Read the fine print in the lease agreement that almost nobody reads.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't understand why any automaker would be interested in acquiring Fisker. Their IP doesn't seem exactly competitive.
The designs are cool, but designing is easy. Manufacturing at a profit is hard. I could see a company like Google buying them if they want to build cars and don't want to invest in design resources. But that is a super long shot, and I agree, no existing car manufacturer would be interested. Except at maybe fire sale prices...
Sponsored