kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Wonder if smaller/wider tires would help the MME. With 225 there might be some slippage
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I agree with you that on its own 2 tenths is not much, but when both cars are claimed to have the same 0-60 it is a bigger deal

Also, other publications who actually tested the cars 0-60, rather than trying to determine from a video as we are have gotten a 0.7 second delta in 0-60, which I am sure you will agree is quite significant.
Yes, I'd agree.
The only problem is, there doesn't seem to be any accountability for things like the Tesla Model Y acceleration boost, which is an extra $2000. The MotorTrend comparison got 4.1 and 4.8 for the Model Y and Mach-E, respectively, and that 4.1 certainly sounds like a Model Y with the acceleration upgrade. I haven't seen any other test come close to that time for the model Y.

Reactions: DBC

RCProAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I don’t understand why people are so intrigued by these results. The MME is 500lbs heavier, with 50hp fewer and no discernible torque differentials. MME is going to lose everytime unless Ford has found a way to break the laws of physics.

Until the GT is out or an OTA boost is made available- these results are going to always be the same. Unless we’re comparing to a stock Y without the boost.

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I own both cars and from the seat of the pants the acceleration isn’t even close. The Y just feels significantly faster. I’m actually surprised on camera it looked as close as it did

Fatawan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Your model Y feels faster in seat of the pants feel because the bolts are loose in the seat! ?

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
I own both cars and from the seat of the pants the acceleration isn’t even close. The Y just feels significantly faster. I’m actually surprised on camera it looked as close as it did
What are your thoughts on each car? If you had to chose one which would it be?

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford mustang mache AWD EXT vs Model Y long range.

0 to 60 very close, model y starts to walk away between 60 to 100. Overall very good. Enjoy.

Ford say the Mach E 4X 0-60mph in 4.8sec .. however that type of race reaction time is very important and doing the race in whisper mode does not help as well .. also the race was well over 60mph and we know Tesla has less weight and more HP so I would expect the Tesla to win on the top end ever time...

however the 0-60 times should be the same or very close..

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I would agree with the second time he left early but the first time the model y left early watched it too many times can tell. Is the Model y faster? yes but again 0 to 60 its not much. ran it a few times myself already with both cars. Once it hits over 60 the model y is gone. A simple way of putting it.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
If we're talking about a Y with the accel boost, yes, it's much faster, and that's that.

If it's the stock Y, then both on paper and in real life they should be close (exactly even on paper -4.8sec to 4.8sec, but Mach-E is slightly slower in reality).

You're right -- if we really want to get technical we can armchair argue about the specs and frame counting, but it's pointless...

Bottom line, the Y is faster. But not by much.

Let's get some accel boosts now, Ford!

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
I totally agree. I do not understand why some people continue referring to the specs. Then let's continue referring to total mileage specs of MME and MY - but we know those specs are a lie. Add still, we continue to use some specs to MME's advantage and other's to MY's disadvantage.

Anybody who drove MY and MME, especially one after another, will cringe at the statement that MME's 0 to 60 and MY's are close. It's not close at all - the way MY responds to the pedal from 0 and the way MY responds to pedal from any speed - there is no comparison - you do not need specs numbers - just try both freaking vehicles one after another and you will see that MME is so much slower in response (yes, yes, I know I am a little bit harsh in saying "anybody can see", but that's how I feel about it).

I think Ford's 4.8 0 to 60 for AWD Ext is similar to how MY specs its mileage - MY's mileage number is nowhere near to stated 326 miles, the same as MME is not near to 4.8, or even if it's close to 4.8, then real MY's 0 to 60 is much faster than stated 4.8.

Just fo reference - I am still not decided if I should buy MME or not - I definitely not buying MY - I just can't look at it from outside :), though, when I am inside I do not dislike it, but feel they definitely went overboard with lack of any hand controls. But the MME is also has too many potential problems that my ordered car can have. I guess I will decide on the day of test driving my MME when it arrives.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6th

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I totally agree. I do not understand why some people continue referring to the specs. Then let's continue referring to total mileage specs of MME and MY - but we know those specs are a lie. Add still, we continue to use some specs to MME's advantage and other's to MY's disadvantage.

Anybody who drove MY and MME, especially one after another, will cringe at the statement that MME's 0 to 60 and MY's are close. It's not close at all - the way MY responds to the pedal from 0 and the way MY responds to pedal from any speed - there is no comparison - you do not need specs numbers - just try both freaking vehicles one after another and you will see that MME is so much slower in response (yes, yes, I know I am a little bit harsh in saying "anybody can see", but that's how I feel about it).

I think Ford's 4.8 0 to 60 for AWD Ext is similar to how MY specs its mileage - MY's mileage number is nowhere near to stated 326 miles, the same as MME is not near to 4.8, or even if it's close to 4.8, then real MY's 0 to 60 is much faster than stated 4.8.

Just fo reference - I am still not decided if I should buy MME or not - I definitely not buying MY - I just can't look at it from outside :), though, when I am inside I do not dislike it, but feel they definitely went overboard with lack of any hand controls. But the MME is also has too many potential problems that my ordered car can have. I guess I will decide on the day of test driving my MME when it arrives.
Because there is no standard for comparing "seat of the pants" feel. You can't compare that.
The only thing you can compare with any meaning is specs and data.

Buying a car is like 90% an emotional and subjective experience though, which means it's different for everybody. So buy the one which does give you the better feeling overall.

RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
Well said!

Not sure about most people but I purchased the MME for commuting and road trips. Have had 0 issues with on ramps or passing on the freeway.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Driven both. The Y is snappier off the line, no question. MME is a better ride, and much better built car, no question.

Last edited:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
0 to 60 no it does not get slaughtered, 60 to 100 is where the model y pulls away. which it should model y has a lot less weight. Both are listed 0 to 60 in 4.8.

yes, you can get the upgrade for the model y for 2,000 to knock down the 0 to 60 time to 4.3 seconds.

Ford has a big buffer and if they want they could tweak the maches 0 to 60 time also very easy.
my personal accelleration (Select AWD w SR battery) testing shows that the Mache hits some kind of programmed wall around 80mph.... and a hard speed cap at 112mph. Any 'serious' drag racing for max performance would require stripping a bunch of weight out of the MME, and hacking the controller parameters to allow full current up to higher rpm for better top end.

Screenshot_20210605-accel 2.jpg
Sponsored