Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Here is the week 2 webinar about SYNC 4A. Once again, the "meat" of the video was the Q&A after the presentation.

The presenters were -
Darren Palmer: Global Product Development Director
Husein Dakroub: Supervisor, SYNC Software

Enjoy!

Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This was a definite step up from last week. Better audio, better organization, better presenters. Clearly Husein is a really intelligent engineer and is excited about his work. He's a reasonably good presenter, too.
Darren Palmer is awesome. Super bright, really knows the Mach E inside and out, well practiced and an excellent presenter.
They handed off pretty well, gave a good presentation, and did a great job on the Q&A.

I'm hoping next week I can get some details on how that panoramic glass roof works.

Maybe in week 4 we'll find out if we can program ending SOC into the charge scheduling. Darren hinted it today saying it can do all that stuff but we've yet to see a SOC selection on the screens.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I really enjoyed this week's presentation. New information and better quality as well.

Since I'm still in the analog era with cars, it was quite informative. Looking forward to week 3!

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I really enjoyed this week's presentation. New information and better quality as well.

Since I'm still in the analog era with cars, it was quite informative. Looking forward to week 3!
SYNC 4A is going to be a big step up for me from what I have in my WRX. It looks great so far. I want to see how laggy it is.

I was glad that seemed to focus on usability while you are driving. It will be crucial to be able to quickly access functions while driving.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
SYNC 4A is going to be a big step up for me from what I have in my WRX. It looks great so far. I want to see how laggy it is.

I was glad that seemed to focus on usability while you are driving. It will be crucial to be able to quickly access functions while driving.
I was really impressed by that too. I can't believe how much you can do on that screen.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Here is the week 2 webinar about SYNC 4A. Once again, the "meat" of the video was the Q&A after the presentation.

The presenters were -
Darren Palmer: Global Product Development Director
Husein Dakroub: Supervisor, SYNC Software

Enjoy!

Awesome man, thanks for coming back on the grid. I'm gonna pop some popcorn then watch this on your YouTube Account. Thanks again.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome man, thanks for coming back on the grid. I'm gonna pop some popcorn then watch this on your YouTube Account. Thanks again.
I have to confess. I hate being off the grid. Everyone said I was going to enjoy being disconnected, but that just isn't for me. LOL

I did get some amazing photos via the Astrophotography mode on my phone, so that was one positive.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Web Series Part 2: SYNC 4A PXL_20200920_032617020.NIGHT_2

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
The more the user gets to decide how to set up their own interface, the apps, and programs the better.
Android phone vs iPhone? Freedom is king.
I've had several debates with Tesla owners about this already. They insist that Tesla is better and you don't need Android Auto or CarPlay. It's about choice. I don't want to pay $60K and told I can't use Android Auto. Overall, SYNC 4A looks impressive. Very flexible and slick interface.

Last edited:

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I couldn't contain my excitement about this car during the entire program. The system looks like it's been very well conceived and built. I have to admit I get a laugh from some of the questions in the Q&A panel, though. It solidifies my belief that the people that post on this forum are not novices by any stretch. True enthusiasts and knowledgeable. This is gonna be a really fun car to own.

On a side note, I don't know if anyone saw the ask about the grille, but I found the response interesting:

The aftermarket is always looking for ways to enhance our products. Ford is not planning an aftermarket grill option at this time, but the GT part will become available at Ford Stores once the GT model goes into production

I sure hope so because I love it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I couldn't contain my excitement about this car during the entire program. The system looks like it's been very well conceived and built. I have to admit I get a laugh from some of the questions in the Q&A panel, though. It solidifies my belief that the people that post on this forum are not novices by any stretch. True enthusiasts and knowledgeable. This is gonna be a really fun car to own.

On a side note, I don't know if anyone saw the ask about the grille, but I found the response interesting:

The aftermarket is always looking for ways to enhance our products. Ford is not planning an aftermarket grill option at this time, but the GT part will become available at Ford Stores once the GT model goes into production

Last week I saw lots of other folks' Q&A. This week I could see none and, in fact, mine vanished after I typed it. Really not sure how they have the webinars configured.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag

I noticed that answer. Very interesting. I wonder how hard it would be to swap.

Also... I swear that the Ford rep I talked to at the LA Auto Show said the Mustang logo on the GT grille would illuminate. I would love to illuminate the logo on the regular grille, too.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I noticed that answer. Very interesting. I wonder how hard it would be to swap.

Also... I swear that the Ford rep I talked to at the LA Auto Show said the Mustang logo on the GT grille would illuminate. I would love to illuminate the logo on the regular grille, too.
I think it does on the GT.
Sponsored