Mach E web series Part 3 - Can someone please post the correct link before tomorrow?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Then the divider would act as a baffle to keep the ice from shifting. Just like the baffles they have in fuel trucks to keep the fuel from sloshing back and forth.
Yes, I agree but what when it melts. Not going to stop water splashing around much. Or if it's half full.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Yes, I agree but what when it melts. Not going to stop water splashing around much. Or if it's half full.
the optimist sees the frunk dividers as half full, the pessimist sees them as half empty. It's the way of the world.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I would say for kids getting locked in. Remember the big deal with refrigerator doors and freezer doors back in the day.
That makes sense really. I have no Kids, other than me, I'm claustrophobic too, so it's unlikely I'll trap myself in there. It might come out -- accidentally of course. Like all those mattress tags that came off. :p

Or it might stay, depends upon whether it's more useful with or without. You do need dividers so your Kona Brewing Company bottled Big Swell doesn't mix with the Fire Rock or Maui Brewing Company IPA. Or the errant bottle of over-oaked California Chardonnay. They do serve a purpose after all.

Thanks. :)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Again, just my guess... But with the rubber gasket on the underhood and the idea that the frunk bin is a big solid piece of plastic, it seems like a human or animal would suffocate if trapped in there. Yeah if conscious and intelligent enough, the glow in the dark release button is fine, but otherwise a bad day for occupant and for Ford.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Again, just my guess... But with the rubber gasket on the underhood and the idea that the frunk bin is a big solid piece of plastic, it seems like a human or animal would suffocate if trapped in there. Yeah if conscious and intelligent enough, the glow in the dark release button is fine, but otherwise a bad day for occupant and for Ford.
Hmm, there does seem to be a vent at the rear ledge of the frunk bin?

Anyway... Sure would be nice to know what the safety concern is. :)

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
I copied the Q&A answers.

Q&A should be live now

from Brandon Bishop (Ford) to All Attendees: 6:36 PM

We will edit out the first few minutes from the beginning of the show for final video we had a few issues to tackle at the beginning

from John Halkias (Guest External) to All Panelists: 6:38 PM

Was there ever any thought to make the big screen moveable or able to swivel? Is there a reason you decided on portrait vs. landscape orientation?

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 6:38 PM

The Heathered Grey fabric on the B&O speaker grille material used in the Mustang Mach-E was designed purposely by Harman for sound quality and can be wiped with a damp cloth to remove light dust.

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 6:47 PM

The high voltage battery lies flat under the floor between the front and rear axle. Unlike a traditional vehicle with an aspriated engine an all-electric vehicle does not have a transmission tunnel. Therefore creating more interior space. The reduction in cargo space (cubic in.) on the Extended Range Mustang Mach-E vs the Standard Range Mustang Mach-E has to do with the incremental cells in the extended range battery. The cargo area is flat and also adjustable in height to be flat when the 2nd row seats fold flat.

from John Halkias (Guest External) to All Panelists: 6:49 PM

Is the Onyx black a true black? Some photos it looked more gray.

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 6:50 PM

ActiveX is a high-end synthetic seating material that is designed to fit perfectly for an active lifestyle. It is easier to clean, resistant to staining, and more durable than leather, plus it maintains a premium look and feel over time

ActiveX does not include any animal-based material

from Brandon Bishop (Ford) to All Attendees: 6:52 PM

Be sure to use Q&A for questions! Select all panelists if you decide to ask questions using chat so everyone sees!

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 6:53 PM

The Panoramic Fixed-Glass Roof has a special reflective (low-emissivity) coating on the glass and an inner layer combine to help protect the cabin from infrared and ultraviolet light. The reflective cabin helps keep the cabin cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 6:55 PM

The Onyx black interior color is 'black' not charcoal.

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 6:59 PM

I have personally driven the Mustang Mach-E and the rear visibility is excellent. The Ford Co-Pilot 360 Technology suite with Ford Co-Pilot 2.0 BLIS, Lane-keeping system, Review Camera aid the driver and the available 360-Degree Camera with split-view display supplements driver rear visibility.

from John Halkias (Guest External) to All Panelists: 6:59 PM

Does the glass roof self-tint when it is brighter outside like adjusting photo gray glasses?

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 7:01 PM

The 2nd row 60-40 split is more conducive for situations in which you wish for one section of the seat to fold flat and to also allow for 2nd row passengers. The 60 side of the seat has fold down arm rest too.

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 7:03 PM

The Mustang Mach-E is an SUV. Based on the vehicle architecture and design the seating position of the front driver and passenger is in the same likeness of a SUV driver seat height and view over the front hood.

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 7:04 PM

The Panoramic Fixed Glass roof does not self-tint.

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 7:10 PM

The Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children (LATCH) are located in the 2nd-row outboard seating positions.

from John Halkias (Guest External) to All Panelists: 7:11 PM

Is there a divider in the Frunk?

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 7:12 PM

The Front Truck has dividers.

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 7:15 PM

The Front Trunk dividers are installed at the manufacturing plant and attached with the intent as non-removal.

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 7:24 PM

In the situation in which a Driver Profile has been established and the Phone as a Key is activated thru FordPass - the seat position will be reflected.

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 7:27 PM

The pre-production images reflect the trunk without dividers. The front truck will come from the manufacturing plant with dividers for safety.

from Lisa Teed (Ford) to Everyone: 7:29 PM

The B&O Sound system by Bang & Olufsen has 10 speakers ( 4 front; 4 rear; 1 center; 1 subwoofer)
Thanks for posting the whole list. Nice they answered questions in chat during presentation. The 10 minutes before the presentation started I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Their microphones were open and on line as they struggled to get access to slides. I tried to alert them and I'm sure that will get edited out. Overall vastly better presentation than previous two, but still lacking in details like actual seat range and height - just "SUV height", but then they said design was on a lower car platform. Time will tell.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Teenagers and drunk college students will want to ride in the frunk. If it's airtight, that's a minor inconvenience for the driver. Also, the drain automatically opens when it senses water. No sloshing problems in the frunk.

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I SWEAR I heard somewhere in that presentation (no time to watch again now) that the drain "senses" water. If so, does the ice melt cause the water to drain as you are going down the freeway?
I also wanted to ask if a standard carryon would fit now with that divider in there.
We can also speculate . . . lots of other EV's have Frunks. Why don't they have dividers for safety?
And finally, I don't know if it is still somewhere, but that photo with an ice chest in the Frunk is pretty irrelevant with that divider in there now.

Thanks for posting the whole list. Nice they answered questions in chat during presentation. The 10 minutes before the presentation started I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Their microphones were open and on line as they struggled to get access to slides. I tried to alert them and I'm sure that will get edited out. Overall vastly better presentation than previous two, but still lacking in details like actual seat range and height - just "SUV height", but then they said design was on a lower car platform. Time will tell.
I was on there watching too. It amazes me that they let us in when they are trying to prepare to start. I do several Zoom meetings and let people cool their heels in the waiting room until I am ready to start. I liked it though. Shows we are ALL human as we engage in these new ways that none of us were used to 6 months ago. It makes the presentation more genuine and not as "slick" to me. I like hearing the real people who did the work and not just slick marketing presentations.

BIG kudos to Ford for doing this!

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I SWEAR I heard somewhere in that presentation (no time to watch again now) that the drain "senses" water. If so, does the ice melt cause the water to drain as you are going down the freeway?
I also wanted to ask if a standard carryon would fit now with that divider in there.
We can also speculate . . . lots of other EV's have Frunks. Why don't they have dividers for safety?
And finally, I don't know if it is still somewhere, but that photo with an ice chest in the Frunk is pretty irrelevant with that divider in there now.

I was on there watching too. It amazes me that they let us in when they are trying to prepare to start. I do several Zoom meetings and let people cool their heels in the waiting room until I am ready to start. I liked it though. Shows we are ALL human as we engage in these new ways that none of us were used to 6 months ago. It makes the presentation more genuine and not as "slick" to me. I like hearing the real people who did the work and not just slick marketing presentations.

BIG kudos to Ford for doing this!
Yes, correct, but I'm sure some people can find a way to stop that auto drain.

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Anyone have the link for Part 4 for tomorrow night ?. . . don't want to start another thread if I don't have to.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I can't make it. Anyone willing to ask about any battery/climate maintenance on a car that is parked in the sun on a 116 Fahrenheit day, unplugged. Unfortunately that's the way it has to be at work.

Also, does being plugged in at L1 offer any battery conditioning, or is it just L2?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I can't make it. Anyone willing to ask about any battery/climate maintenance on a car that is parked in the sun on a 116 Fahrenheit day, unplugged. Unfortunately that's the way it has to be at work.

Also, does being plugged in at L1 offer any battery conditioning, or is it just L2?
I'll ask, and if they answer I'll let you know
Sponsored