GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion Energi, 2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
70% conquest is insane.
while I agree, this is somewhat driven by the small numbers of people and offerings right now. Not sure how truly meaningful it is... although I'm still happy to see it ;)

DocOfClocks

Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-E Premium AWD, CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
Yeah, but... sales by month:
1617303450217.png

Not feeling so good about those of us who have ordered in 2021...

shadowsjc

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
What does 70% conquest mean? That 70% of MME buyers came from previously owning a different brand? (And 30% were repeat Ford buyers)?

malba2366

Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
What does 70% conquest mean? That 70% of MME buyers came from previously owning a different brand? (And 30% were repeat Ford buyers)?
Yeah. They are going to have big conquest numbers with the Mach E and Bronco. Hopefully they get the quality right and hold on to the customers.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee; Mach-E Premium X AWD (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, but... sales by month:
1617303450217.png

Not feeling so good about those of us who have ordered in 2021...
I wonder if the chip shortage is the reason for the drop in sales for March? It makes me nervous that cars scheduled for the next few months will be delayed.

69Mach390

Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Mustang Mach 1, 15 Chevy SS
Country flag
I wonder if the chip shortage is the reason for the drop in sales for March? It makes me nervous that cars scheduled for the next few months will be delayed.
It would be interesting to see order and cancelled order numbers and trends to see if it’s a supply issue or demand issue.

RX33

Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem 4X on order
Country flag
Not sure the reason for the decline in Mach E sales. My dealer has 6 that have been sitting there for several weeks. None in my config though.

Audi e-tron sales are up 103%, and sold 4324 in the first quarter. I know a lot of people here were cross shopping the Audi and several went that route.

The Q4 e-tron gets unveiled on April 14, that's a better comparison to the Mach E.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I don't get the 7 days to turn. that means to offset the cars that are selling the day they land at the dealer, or even the cars that are selling before they arrive, some cars are sitting around for a couple of weeks. although, with only 6k cars sold the statistics are going to be a little weird

Blinkin

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
More likely it was the stop ship in the first half of the month. Can't record sales if you're not shipping.

MarknKC

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Focus EV 2021 Mach E Premium (reserved)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
768 Continentals is just sad. I've said for years if Ford would make it an EV, put the suicide doors on it and price it about $175K, they would have a new legend on their hands.

2021-04-01_183749.jpg

69Mach390

Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Mustang Mach 1, 15 Chevy SS
Country flag
I don't get the 7 days to turn. that means to offset the cars that are selling the day they land at the dealer, or even the cars that are selling before they arrive, some cars are sitting around for a couple of weeks. although, with only 6k cars sold the statistics are going to be a little weird
I doubt the days on the lot math reflects reality from when it’s sold. More like when it’s reported delivered.

It likely takes a couple days to prep the car, deliver the car, and then show it out of dealer inventory.

Even if it’s pre-sold people still have to schedule and pick it up.

Reactions: ARK

RX33

Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem 4X on order
Country flag
Chevy Bolt had its best first quarter ever 9,025 sold, up 54%.

That's a lot of sales especially without any Federal Tax credits to help.

Advertisement

Advertisement