Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
The ER AWD is advertised with a range of 335 miles. Mine shows 278, at best. Speaking to the dealer and my Mach E Support Concierge, this is normal.

I paid for a FE with a 335 mile range. 278 is NOT 335.

Please comment IF you too are unhappy about the blatant misrepresentation. I've even asked to reject the car (awaiting a reply).

You don't have to complain directly, but I'd like to know if the range issue is causing anyone to feel a bit miffed.
Sponsored

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The ER AWD is advertised with a range of 335 miles. Mine shows 278, at best. Speaking to the dealer and my Mach E Support Concierge, this is normal.

Please comment IF you too are unhappy about the blatant misrepresentation. I've even asked to reject the car (awaiting a reply).

You don't have to complain directly, but I'd like to know if the range issue is causing anyone to feel a bit miffed.
I have been extremely happy with my range. Rated for 230 miles, but I average between 250-275.

Have you taken delivery? I assume not if you are trying to reject it.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Check your actual range that you are getting. Take your miles per kilowatt hour times your battery capacity (88 kWh) = actual range.

And take at the link below. The GOM is notoriously conservative.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ulate-how-far-your-mach-e-can-really-go.6104/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ar-your-mach-e-can-really-go.6104/post-171742

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
I'm confused- looking up the 1st Edition Range turns up this result:
This First Edition Mach-E draws power from its standard 88-kilowatt-hour "Extended Range" battery pack paired with a single-gear transmission and motors at each axle to create all-wheel drive. The combination produces 346 hp and 428 lb-ft of torque and offers a range of up to 270 miles.

I'm not sure where you've seen 335 mile range but the top EPA range of a MME is 305 on a California Route 1

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I can’t search to look it up, but I don’t believe 335 is the extended range all wheel drive range.

I have the Route 1 with the extended battery, rear wheel and I believe it has the highest range of all the models at 305. Having AWD would push that number down, I thought the AWD were in the 275 range.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I can’t search to look it up, but I don’t believe 335 is the extended range all wheel drive range.

I have the Route 1 with the extended battery, rear wheel and I believe it has the highest range of all the models at 305. Having AWD would push that number down, I thought the AWD were in the 275 range.
He lives in the UK, and they use a different testing method (WLTP)- and thus a different range number

And FFS I really wish @Ford Motor Company would stop underreporting range in the GOM so we don't see three of these threads a week

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

The range displayed on the driver's screen is an estimation based on your driving style, ambient temp and weather conditions.

Changes with any of those conditions can increase or reduce that estimate. It is possible for your AWD ER to travel 335 miles on a single charge.

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
The ER AWD is advertised with a range of 335 miles
I thought a mile was a mile, whether it was US or UK?? Range is 270 miles for your car. Unless we are talking imperial miles or something?? Idk, I may not be smarter than a 5th grader, but by all accounts on here and personally the MME has been beating the official range estimates quite often. Very happy with it on the front.

*Edit* Tim in FTW
and they use a different testing method (WLTP)- and thus a different range number

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
He lives in the UK, and they use a different testing method (WLTP)- and thus a different range number

And FFS I really wish @Ford Motor Company would stop underreporting range in the GOM so we don't see three of these threads a week
Ha! Interesting, I mean if it’s 270 miles in the US I’d assume it’s 270 miles in the UK, I mean miles is miles.

I get what you mean though. Their testing for whatever reason shows a higher number than the US. I can say, I get about 350 miles on my Route 1 and it’s only rated for 305. The guess meter always shows low 300’s

Reactions: Nav

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

As others have noted, the range estimator just provides an estimate based on your driving style. The European mileage rating is much more optimistic than the USA’s. The exact same vehicle in the USA is rated at 270 miles of range.

Drive it locally, being gentle with acceleration, going around 35mph, you will probably even beat the European estimate. Floor it every chance you get, regularly top 90mph, you’d be lucky for the estimator to project 230.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
I have been extremely happy with my range. Rated for 230 miles, but I average between 250-275.

Have you taken delivery? I assume not if you are trying to reject it.
Worse. I've done 2000 miles in it. Yesterday got 253 miles as calculated range, even though I was driving like Miss Daisy (wife on board).

Not happy with this car, at all. Won't be an early adopter again. Dealer network, Mach E Support team, Ford Complaint dept all have no clue about this car.