Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Certainly reminds me of all the features I expected my MME to have a year ago and I'm still waiting for.

Ford, are you seeing this shit? 190kw charging, motorized charge door, 500hp, cooled seats, supercruise on day 1...

While very similar looking to the MME at certain angles, it certainly looks like Chevy has a winner here.
And I bet it's actually an SUV and can tow.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
And I bet it's actually an SUV and can tow.
My Mach E has a production date of 10/10. I put an order in for the Chevy Blazer EV as soon as I was able because of the HVBJB issues and the bouncy ride of the MachE.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My Mach E has a production date of 10/10. I put an order in for the Chevy Blazer EV as soon as I was able because of the HVBJB issues and the bouncy ride of the MachE.
Let's hope the Blazer doesn't follow after the Bolt... the 2022 Bolt EUV has horrible bouncy suspension that makes the Mach-E seem like a Caddy. I couldn't wait to get out of that test drive.

Then again.. they might bring over the Lyriq suspension.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Does it cut power at 5 seconds??
I think it’s 10 seconds.

But getting it into full power (WOW mode) is a royal pain in the ass (assuming it’s the same steps as the Hummer):

Follow these steps to enter the mode:
  1. First, bring your vehicle to a complete stop.
  2. Press the StabiliTrak/Electronic Stability Control button, located on the instrument panel, twice. The button looks like a vehicle with two curved lines trailing from the tires. You’ll see an animation in the cluster and feel vibrations in your driver seat when you do this.
  3. You’ll see a pop-up on your infotainment screen asking you to confirm that you want to engage Watts to Freedom and lower the vehicle.
a. To confirm, use the steering wheel controls.
4. Once you confirm that you want to enter Watts to Freedom, your vehicle will begin to lower.
a. While lowering, it will change settings for the shock absorbers, accelerator and cooling system to adjust to the enhanced torque the mode offers.
b. You will see an animation on your display as well as a Torque Gauge Capability graphic, which indicates the vehicle’s readiness for enhanced torque output. The bars atop this graphic fill as your vehicle conditions itself for enhanced torque output. Once the bar is full, you will have access to full torque.
c. The orange bar in the middle of the screen shows the amount of torque available at the current moment. The blue bars represent your vehicle's progress toward activating the Watts to Freedom feature.
5. You will then see a prompt on the display that instructs you how to brake to start the Watts to Freedom sequence.
a. Use your left foot to press the brake pedal with the appropriate pressure to proceed to the next prompt.
6. While you’re holding the brake pedal down, you’ll see a similar prompt for the accelerator. Use your right foot to press the accelerator pedal to the floor to confirm this prompt. When you do, you’ll hear a ramp-up sound that sounds like an engine hitting its revolutions per minute limit.
7. The infotainment screen will then prompt you to release the brake pedal. WARNING: As soon as you do this, the vehicle will launch into an extremely fast acceleration.
8. The vehicle will then accelerate rapidly. You will see your Torque Gauge fill up and see a message indicating the level of acceleration you're experiencing. Maximum torque output will disengage if you exert any significant steering input or experience a stability control event. The feature's state will return to step 5, detailed above. You will be able to reengage acceleration after following the engagement steps again.
9. To slow your vehicle after the acceleration event begins, release the accelerator pedal and press the brake pedal.
EXITING WATTS TO FREEDOM

1. After acceleration is complete, you should exit Watts to Freedom mode. Remaining in this mode can decrease vehicle performance.
  2. Exit the Watts to Freedom mode by:
a. Selecting a new drive mode.
b. Pressing the StabiliTrak/Electronic Stability Control button.
c. Turning the vehicle off.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone know what the Blazer EV top speed is?

People are gonna be real sad if it’s the same 106 mph the Hummer has.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think it’s 10 seconds.

But getting it into full power (WOW mode) is a royal pain in the ass (assuming it’s the same steps as the Hummer):

2. Press the StabiliTrak/Electronic Stability Control button, located on the instrument panel, twice. The button looks like a vehicle with two curved lines trailing from the tires. You’ll see an animation in the cluster and feel vibrations in your driver seat when you do this.
  3. You’ll see a pop-up on your infotainment screen asking you to confirm that you want to engage Watts to Freedom and lower the vehicle.
4. Once you confirm that you want to enter Watts to Freedom, your vehicle will begin to lower.
a. While lowering, it will change settings for the shock absorbers, accelerator and cooling system to adjust to the enhanced torque the mode offers.
b. You will see an animation on your display as well as a Torque Gauge Capability graphic, which indicates the vehicle’s readiness for enhanced torque output. The bars atop this graphic fill as your vehicle conditions itself for enhanced torque output. Once the bar is full, you will have access to full torque.
c. The orange bar in the middle of the screen shows the amount of torque available at the current moment. The blue bars represent your vehicle's progress toward activating the Watts to Freedom feature.
5. You will then see a prompt on the display that instructs you how to brake to start the Watts to Freedom sequence.
a. Use your left foot to press the brake pedal with the appropriate pressure to proceed to the next prompt.
6. While you’re holding the brake pedal down, you’ll see a similar prompt for the accelerator. Use your right foot to press the accelerator pedal to the floor to confirm this prompt. When you do, you’ll hear a ramp-up sound that sounds like an engine hitting its revolutions per minute limit.
7. The infotainment screen will then prompt you to release the brake pedal. WARNING: As soon as you do this, the vehicle will launch into an extremely fast acceleration.
8. The vehicle will then accelerate rapidly. You will see your Torque Gauge fill up and see a message indicating the level of acceleration you're experiencing. Maximum torque output will disengage if you exert any significant steering input or experience a stability control event. The feature's state will return to step 5, detailed above. You will be able to reengage acceleration after following the engagement steps again.
9. To slow your vehicle after the acceleration event begins, release the accelerator pedal and press the brake pedal.
EXITING WATTS TO FREEDOM

1. After acceleration is complete, you should exit Watts to Freedom mode. Remaining in this mode can decrease vehicle performance.
Yep, thaaaat’s pretty terrible. I like the way the GV60 does it.

And of course Tesla remains the king of performance (until you want to stop anyways).

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, thaaaat’s pretty terrible. I like the way the GV60 does it.

And of course Tesla remains the king of performance (until you want to stop anyways).
Stop or turn…… brand T is basically the modern muscle car.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Stop or turn…… brand T is basically the modern muscle car.
Well, except for the fact that the original musclecars and ponycars were relatively affordable. 🤷‍♂️🐩

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
Did you ever hear of the Volt?
I know you meant Bolt. Which I did happen to forget about. But I still don't think the two are really comparable. I think the Blazer is a much closer competitor to the Mach E.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
I know you meant Bolt. Which I did happen to forget about. But I still don't think the two are really comparable. I think the Blazer is a much closer competitor to the Mach E.
My point was that Chevrolet has much more experience in production of BEV or whatever (can't stand the acronyms) than Ford.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I think it’s 10 seconds.

EXITING WATTS TO FREEDOM

This actually sounds like the standard launch control procedure for most ICE vehicles.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This actually sounds like the standard launch control procedure for most ICE vehicles.
Yeah, and it’s also a total pain. Pretty much only useful for showing off or at the rare occasion you take it to a real drag strip.

I would much rather have full power on demand like we do. Want full power? Pedal to the floor.

You’ll never be able to use this at a stoplight….. or to pass….. or anything practical.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag