Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
You could get to 140 pages and the expectation will still be unrealistic.

Do you think:
  1. The GT/GTPE is performing as intended
  2. The GT/GTPE has some problem(s) affecting its acceleration
  3. Something else
How is it “unrealistic” for us to expect a car that has been advertised as 0-60 in 3.5 to perform the same in the 1/4 mile as other BEV vehicles that do 0-60 in similar times?

I’ve never once read a single person here who “expected” a 100 mph trap speed in the 1/4 for the GTPE.

To answer your questions I believe both 1 and 2.

It’s performing as intended to 60 and something is wrong above 60.

Do you honestly think they intended the 480hp Mach E to have slower acceleration above 60 mph than the 346hp ones?
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
My hope is either something is wrong and they’ll fix it OR they did this on purpose to be conservative at first and will fix it later once they’re sure the car can take it.

I seem to remember Tesla doing both a free and a $$ acceleration boost after the Model 3 came out.
I'm sure they may have tested it, with the world of OTA they way people think of vehicles is changing so maybe it just part of some planned $$ improvements over time, the only reall issue is that it isn't really improvements when it just means you are now matching the competition, if the EV6 GT ends up living up to its numbers the GTPE is going to need a significant upgrade

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Condensed summary after 6 pages:

Everyone: quicker, faster, slower, 0-60, 1/4 mile, MYP, Tesla, Polestar, software, #notamustang, fix coming, V8TT, Taycan, 2-speed, Edmunds, CD, 480, 634, hut, HUT, hut 12.5, 12.0, 3.6, 11.9, Ford silence, 4X faster…..

Me on this one:

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Yes. The hardware is there.
I'm not sure that you are correct. We very may well be battery limited. I believe the MME batteries are very similar to the flamethrowers in the Chevy lighter, er, Bolt. Ford may be constraining these because the lawyers told them to. The motors may be more than capable, but no juice means no go.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm not sure that you are correct. We very may well be battery limited. I believe the MME batteries are very similar to the flamethrowers in the Chevy lighter, er, Bolt. Ford may be constraining these because the lawyers told them to. The motors may be more than capable, but no juice means no go.
If I had to guess, I'd say the MME's batteries are the same as the VW ID4 which also gets its pouch cells from LG Chem's Poland factory. This would be quite different than the Korean or Michigan cells getting recalled in the Bolt EV.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Joe, you are likely right, but comparing Tesla Model Y times and Ford MME times and blaming software still doesn't make any sense to me.
It looks like brand t is launching softer, but accelerating steadily for longer, and the Mach-E is launching harder then not accelerating as long. That is all drive tuning.
For a daily driver, that makes perfect sense; you’re going to feel it leaving a stop sign or traffic light, and there isn’t a real need to accelerate to 90 like a rocket ship while commuting to work. That’s just not the way most people drive to work. So, they make us feel like the car is awesome by leaving a stop in a hurry.
The problem is that the strip is a specific use case that puts maximum value on accelerating hard and continuously. That would be impractical on the street,
And would decimate range. The beauty of these cars is that they can build software modes for any use case they want, and as long as the end user is willing to accept that strip mode is going to take time to cool the motors and batteries between runs, and is only going to deliver so many good passes on a charge, there’s no reason they can’t give us a strip mode that pulls like a beast for 11 seconds.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Bottom line from all of this is that there is no way Ford made a performance model that is slower in a roll race (real world highway entry) then the standard model. Marketing disaster if it's true. My guess is software fix coming shortly before car magazine reviews. Otherwise the original people who want it will get theirs, then sales will plummet.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Bottom line from all of this is that there is no way Ford made a performance model that is slower in a roll race (real world highway entry) then the standard model. Marketing disaster if it's true. My guess is software fix coming shortly before car magazine reviews. Otherwise the original people who want it will get theirs, then sales will plummet.
I’m waiting for it, but I’m sure it will happen:

Awd LR vs GTPE. Roll race from 60-100.

And as it stands, the AWD LR would be faster.

In the same 9 seconds the GT takes to hit 100, the AWD LR is doing 104.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I'm sure they may have tested it, with the world of OTA they way people think of vehicles is changing so maybe it just part of some planned $$ improvements over time, the only reall issue is that it isn't really improvements when it just means you are now matching the competition, if the EV6 GT ends up living up to its numbers the GTPE is going to need a significant upgrade
Oh God please don't let cars go the way of computer gaming. Release an unfinished product knowing you'll be releasing patches for the next year to get it up to the expected release.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Everyone wasn't expecting that. There's no reason to expect these cars to be that much quicker than what we're seeing from those who own them, other than running one at max SOC.

Take the Tesla POS and Taycans out of the conversation, they're different manufacturers.

Take ideas of how quick a 5000 lb AWD vehicle with 480HP/630LB-FT should accelerate and throw them away.

Keep the conversation to the two Fords. The gas Mustang is an icon. The electric Mustang is the upstart. Ford (the company who built the two cars) is not going to allow the electric Mustang to outpace the icon.

How do you keep the gas Mustang out front? You let the electric Mustang it launch like a bat out of hell, then slow it down. So the 0-60 is great and that sells the car, but the midrange and top end are lacking. Isn't that exactly what we're seeing from the GT's.
The electric Mustang GT Performance Edition is DESIGNED to be disappointing from a performance perspective is certainly one take.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Serious question:

The Mach 1 runs 12.5-12.6. Did anyone honestly expect Ford to have the Mach e GT run quicker that the Mach 1?
I expected it to behave like it had more than 200 horsepower past 60 mph.

It currently does not.

If that's what you're happy with out of a Mustang Mach-e GT Performance Edition then great for you. It's not enough for me.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I’m waiting for it, but I’m sure it will happen:

Awd LR vs GTPE. Roll race from 60-100.

And as it stands, the AWD LR would be faster.

In the same 9 seconds the GT takes to hit 100, the AWD LR is doing 104.
We’re supposed to get our 4X by mid-November and then I’m going to get a bunch of Dragy data. I’m sure others will beat me to it though. And as of right now the 4X gets from 60-100mph in 7.7 seconds, but that’s not measuring from a 60 hit, it’s taking the C&D 0-100mph of 12.5 and subtracting their 4.8 measured 0-60.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Lol at ford homers trying to talk shit about people "unrealistically expecting" a Ford Mustang GT Performance Edition to out trap a goddamn VOLVO. JFC delete your account. What is wrong with you.

If Ford wants to gimp the Mustang GT Performance Edition to not outperform other cars in their lineup then that is their prerogative but then I DO NOT AND WILL NOT EVER WANT TO OWN ONE.
Sponsored