phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Or, maybe that first delivery should not have happened to begin with, and the other four are still being held by the dealerships as they had perhaps been requested to do from the beginning.
I think that is a good guess. But I don't see any good reason for Ford to do that.
Sponsored

Stephenhanlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
So my GT is coming to the Chicago area. Palsapp showed they received it and moved it to be loaded on Norfolk Southern on Monday 8/16. Saw a vehicle visibility report today that showed it arrived in the Chicago terminal on 8/23 at 5:15 PM. Was hoping they would truck it to the dealer today but no such luck. Hoping they can get it the 45 miles to the dealer in a few days.

*fingers crossed*
How/where did you see the vehicle visibility report?

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How/where did you see the vehicle visibility report?
Get in touch with your dealer/sales rep. I emailed mine this morning to confirm that the info I've found so far (via the seg.fyi page) is accurate. He confirmed. Actually said the VVR showed an ETA of 12 October whereas I am seeing 10 October.

OP
OP

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Great write-up. I don't believe there is any conspiracy but rather think the people that have received their GT's are just too busy to post anything right now.
Thanks. :) I know your comment was tongue-in-check, but just to add though - I don't consider a situation like the one I describe a conspiracy. It's more like standard operating procedure for damage control. Embargos, on-sale-dates, and ok-to-buys are real after all. And so, sometimes, is being overzealous.

I recall a situation years ago where a regional corporate arm jumped an official release date and delivered a vehicle to an owner weeks early. Like our buddy on the forum, that individual was internet famous for a hot minute. It became obvious as more vehicles piled up at ports / dealerships what had happened.

I'm with you however, we should have more stuff but we just don't. I'm checking just about every hour. :)
Only once an hour? :D

Smurfunit

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz Tallboy
Country flag
Sure would be awesome to see the vehicle visibility report!

Palsapp showed my GTPE arrived in Kansas City 8/23. My Phoenix area dealer said that the factory site showed arrival to dealership 9/25 to 10/4 barring anything unforeseen. Can’t fathom the rail transit time from Kansas City to El Mirage (outside of Phoenix) taking that long. Hoping that Christmas comes early!

OP
OP

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I might be wrong, but it also seems to have been a while since any new GT's have left Mexico? A lot of sitting around, even aside from the ones waiting on chips.
They are still slowly shipping them out. When I pulled the data this past weekend, about a hundred more were given shipment dates and flipped to "In Transit" during the week prior.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Since my build week is still far over the horizon I’m going to live vicariously through the peeps on the forum who will soon be getting their GTs and GT-PEs. ?

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Since my build week is still far over the horizon I’m going to live vicariously through the peeps on the forum who will soon be getting their GTs and GT-PEs. ?
I think a whole bunch of us will be doing that. Hopefully one or two soon-to-be owners are more forthcoming with videos and tests.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I think a whole bunch of us will be doing that. Hopefully one or two soon-to-be owners are more forthcoming with videos and tests.
Yep, and until then I will be bipolar, cheering on the guys and gals with their new cars and living in the Grumpy thread! ?

ahawksfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
... And, at least two long time forum members should be receiving their Mach-E GTs as early as today, and certainly by the end of the weekend. If they go silent, we'll know something's up. :) Of course, the media embargo could lapse by then as well.
I have confirmed mine has been offloaded from the rail car yesterday. I certainly will let the community know if I am told not to discuss or if they tell me I can't take ownership because of X reason.

I personally think there isn't an embargo it is just very few people got delivery, some are enjoying and learning their vehicle, and others just probably don't feel comfortable doing a review.

Regardless, if anyone wants to know something specific please feel free to message me.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
They are still slowly shipping them out. When I pulled the data this past weekend, about a hundred more were given shipment dates and flipped to "In Transit" during the week prior.
Do you know about what "Production Date" they are up to, as far as those shifting to "In Transit"? I'm guessing prior to 8/9 still?

OP
OP

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you know about what "Production Date" they are up to, as far as those shifting to "In Transit"? I'm guessing prior to 8/9 still?
Yeah, they are still trying to catch up. The latest production date on a GT that has shipped is late July.

OP
OP

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have confirmed mine has been offloaded from the rail car yesterday.
That's great info. I think you are the first to confirm a completed second train leg which typically requires a VVR to confirm unless Jack Cooper happens to be responsible for moving it a second time.

What city did the train drop it in? Is it now near enough to the dealership to be trucked the rest of the way?

Edit: Sorry, I had forgotten about your prior post! So, it actually arrived in Chicago on Monday.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-reached-kansas-city.8677/page-11#post-229455

427sideoiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue GTPE
Country flag
Last Friday Palsapp changed to show destination with my Dealer info but still pending.

Today Palsapp changed from Pending to "Dispatched on Aug 24 2021" My dealer texted today to say it is due any day now!
Palsapp changed to Delivered on Aug 25 2021 - sales rep just confirmed it is there and they need to prep it. Probably not picking it up until tomorrow or Friday depending on when I can get there.

ahawksfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That's great info. I think you are the first to confirm a completed second train leg which typically requires a VVR to confirm unless Jack Cooper happens to be responsible for moving it a second time.

What city did the train drop it in? Is it now near enough to the dealership to be trucked the rest of the way?

Edit: Sorry, I had forgotten about your prior post! So, it actually arrived in Chicago on Monday.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-reached-kansas-city.8677/page-11#post-229455
Right arrived on Monday (still in rail car). Got offloaded from the rail car on Tuesday. Both of these dates/times were confirmed in the VVR (Vehicle Visibility Report) that the dealer has access to. Unfortunately, Jack Cooper didn't move anything other than the arrival in KS so no palsapp update.

The rail car got dropped in Chicago (actually just outside in a place called Hegewisch, IL) - only 45 miles from the dealer. Let's see how long it takes to have a truck deliver it.

Is it wrong I want to do a drive-by on the rail yard?
Sponsored