Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Agree. And no reasonable person would call them "ugly as hell". What is that, 1 out of 10 on the ugly scale? Dude never seen spinners or other crappy wheel mods? Would love to see ones he loves.
Hey now, there's a market for spinners as well! Always was fascinated at them whenever I was at a stop light next to one just spinning in place!
Sponsored

bcb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT PE Prius Plug-In
Occupation
Retired (former software engineer/cloud analytics)
Country flag
20x9s +35 offset

Custom bolt pattern

255/45 Michelins a/s

tempImageYQDqX3.png

tempImagePr4sgV.png

tempImageMl6LZv.jpg
tempImagezi5AFt.png
tempImagebtzuc6.png

tempImageirN222.png

tempImageY3acuz.png

tempImage4WL92j.png

tempimagexo1ctl-png.png

tempimagev2wmyf-png.png

tempImagePr4sgV.png
I came across this post and noticed these are a lot like the set I quickly ordered off of TireRack.
I got my GT PE at the end of January and wanted all seasons on it right away. I have owned MSW rims before (on a previous sport car) and they are reasonably priced.

• FRONT AND REAR
  • Size: 20x8.5 (O.E. Diameter)
  • Finish: Gloss Black Painted
  • Weight: 31.45 lbs.
  • Offset: +45mm

20X8.5 MSW TYPE 50 GLS BLACK
4​
In Stock​
$249.48​
$997.9

315MHZ TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR
4​
In Stock​
$27.00​
$108.0

245/45R-20 VREDESTEIN QUATRAC PRO XL
4​
In Stock​
$228.15​
$912.60

IMG_4270.JPG

IMG_4271.JPG

IMG_4272.JPG

IMG_4387.jpeg

OP
OP

RDZ89

First Name
RICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME GT
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
IAMIA? you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or what? people have different opinions and i respect that but that's childish felt like i was in high school again with this silly my "blah blah" is better than yours crap. While i do love the PE wheels i like to be different, that goes for every car I've owned.

Last edited:
OP
OP

RDZ89

First Name
RICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME GT
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
My GTPE is cyber orange, does he offer a lighter color.
Thx
He does he offers silver.
I read this as the package price was $1k; their website looks like the wheels are $1k each. I am reading something wrong here, can you tell me which one of those is correct?
i would call him directly as his website is misleading. package price is 1k I DM'd you

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I always liked the ones that were weighted so they looked like they were sitting still while driving.
When I was a kid I used to love to watch the Hobbs Meters on the semis increment while we were driving alongside them. Pretty much the same thing as a stationary spinner. ??

OP
OP

RDZ89

First Name
RICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME GT
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Wow that's more than I would have expected....
that may be a stretch as my commute has changed and do a lot of freeway miles now which reduces range

IceAge

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many too list?
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think it would be really neat to change out wheels if you can get lighter ones that would actually help your range just my .02 cents?

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
I think it would be really neat to change out wheels if you can get lighter ones that would actually help your range just my .02 cents?
My new Verde wheels are 24lbs each at 20x9… but aerodynamically they SUCK - so there is that ?

macheez

First Name
ARH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Orange GTPE
Country flag
Did you plan to get A/S tires for more cold-weather / snow versatility? I might be picking up a GTPE in a month and actively considering changing permanently into A/S, but not sure if that's the right decision or not..

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you plan to get A/S tires for more cold-weather / snow versatility? I might be picking up a GTPE in a month and actively considering changing permanently into A/S, but not sure if that's the right decision or not..
Thought I would give you my 2 cents about all season tires on the GTPE. After selling my F150 (don't need or want a truck anymore) which was my only vehicle to drive in cold weather/snow, I decided to run all seasons on my GTPE. While I could buy a second set of wheels/tires for winter, we don't get that harsh of weather to warrant that. Coldest temps get down to about 28 in the early mornings and we get a light dusting of snow (2-5 inches) about 3 times in winter. I just wanted a tire that had good performance but could also handle the winters we have around here. I also drive up into Yosemtie quite often in the winter beings I live an hour from the park and summer performance tires don't cut it.

I don't need or use the Mach-E for performance driving as I have a GT500 for that but do want it to still perform decently well on our mountain roads plus wanted the gray interior, performance seats and magneride shocks. Several members have commented on me getting the GTPE and not running summer performance tires. Even though the Pirelli P Zero performance tires that come with the GTPE are good tires, in my opinion they are way to narrow of a tire for the weight of this car. I have had quite a few sets of wheels and tires on my car trying them out and all have been wider and all handle better than the stock 245/45/20 GTPE tires, even the all seasons.

With all of that out of the way, and the several all seasons I have tested both on the Mach-E and my former Escape, there are two I would recommend and I am sure there are others that people have tested and liked as well. If you are looking for the highest performance in an all season tire, I feel the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 is it. It is the closest tire to the Pilot Sport 4s that is one of the best summer performance tires out there (and my all time favorite tire so far). The Pilot Sport All Season 4 is a car tire but does have the extra load rating and does come in sizes that will fit the OEM wheels of the Mach-E. It has a slightly harder ride and is not as quiet as my favorite all season tire but handles the best.

My personal favorite all season tire and the one I am running right now on my GTPE is the Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus. This is a high performance SUV all season tire. While it does not handle quite as well as the Michelin, it still does a better job than the narrow P Zero's that come with the GTPE since I run a much wider tire. What I prefer about the Pirelli is it rides much smoother and quieter than the Michelin's (and the P Zero). The Mach-E is my DD and I want a comfortable tire as well as one that works in light winter conditions and handles decently. This Pirelli is an SUV tire and for the Mach-E I prefer them over car tires. They feel more robust and planted than car tires with the weight of the Mach-E I have run but I do really push the car at times, I am not just a freeway cruiser. Unfortunately this Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus does not come in the 245/45/20 OEM size for the Mach-E GT's but you can go up one size to the 255/45/20.

The one other plus with all season tires is their wear rating. Some members have already found out (as well as I have) that a wear rating of 220 like the P Zero's don't last more than a few thousand miles the way some of us drive. All season tires have a much longer tread life which is a plus if one does not want to change tires as often. Both the Michelin and Pirelli all seasons have a wear rating of more than double of the summer performance tires.

macheez

First Name
ARH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Orange GTPE
Country flag
Thought I would give you my 2 cents about all season tires on the GTPE. After selling my F150 (don't need or want a truck anymore) which was my only vehicle to drive in cold weather/snow, I decided to run all seasons on my GTPE. While I could buy a second set of wheels/tires for winter, we don't get that harsh of weather to warrant that. Coldest temps get down to about 28 in the early mornings and we get a light dusting of snow (2-5 inches) about 3 times in winter. I just wanted a tire that had good performance but could also handle the winters we have around here. I also drive up into Yosemtie quite often in the winter beings I live an hour from the park and summer performance tires don't cut it.

I don't need or use the Mach-E for performance driving as I have a GT500 for that but do want it to still perform decently well on our mountain roads plus wanted the gray interior, performance seats and magneride shocks. Several members have commented on me getting the GTPE and not running summer performance tires. Even though the Pirelli P Zero performance tires that come with the GTPE are good tires, in my opinion they are way to narrow of a tire for the weight of this car. I have had quite a few sets of wheels and tires on my car trying them out and all have been wider and all handle better than the stock 245/45/20 GTPE tires, even the all seasons.

With all of that out of the way, and the several all seasons I have tested both on the Mach-E and my former Escape, there are two I would recommend and I am sure there are others that people have tested and liked as well. If you are looking for the highest performance in an all season tire, I feel the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 is it. It is the closest tire to the Pilot Sport 4s that is one of the best summer performance tires out there (and my all time favorite tire so far). The Pilot Sport All Season 4 is a car tire but does have the extra load rating and does come in sizes that will fit the OEM wheels of the Mach-E. It has a slightly harder ride and is not as quiet as my favorite all season tire but handles the best.

My personal favorite all season tire and the one I am running right now on my GTPE is the Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus. This is a high performance SUV all season tire. While it does not handle quite as well as the Michelin, it still does a better job than the narrow P Zero's that come with the GTPE since I run a much wider tire. What I prefer about the Pirelli is it rides much smoother and quieter than the Michelin's (and the P Zero). The Mach-E is my DD and I want a comfortable tire as well as one that works in light winter conditions and handles decently. This Pirelli is an SUV tire and for the Mach-E I prefer them over car tires. They feel more robust and planted than car tires with the weight of the Mach-E I have run but I do really push the car at times, I am not just a freeway cruiser. Unfortunately this Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus does not come in the 245/45/20 OEM size for the Mach-E GT's but you can go up one size to the 255/45/20.

The one other plus with all season tires is their wear rating. Some members have already found out (as well as I have) that a wear rating of 220 like the P Zero's don't last more than a few thousand miles the way some of us drive. All season tires have a much longer tread life which is a plus if one does not want to change tires as often. Both the Michelin and Pirelli all seasons have a wear rating of more than double of the summer performance tires.
Holy. That was one of the most helpful responses I've seen on here :)

As someone who:
- Will use my GTPE as my primary vehicle
- Lives in NorCal (generally mild climate but can get chilly on some winter mornings)
- Wants to use GTPE for road trips, including to Yosemite and Tahoe
- Prefers a quiet ride
- Doesn't need to hit 0-60 in 3.5

Would you recommend the Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus?

Also, few other questions:
- Do those tires fit on the stock GTPE rims?
- Did you sell the stock summer tires?
- How have these tires impacted range?

Thanks a lot :)

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Holy. That was one of the most helpful responses I've seen on here :)

As someone who:
- Will use my GTPE as my primary vehicle
- Lives in NorCal (generally mild climate but can get chilly on some winter mornings)
- Wants to use GTPE for road trips, including to Yosemite and Tahoe
- Prefers a quiet ride
- Doesn't need to hit 0-60 in 3.5

Would you recommend the Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus?

Also, few other questions:
- Do those tires fit on the stock GTPE rims?
- Did you sell the stock summer tires?
- How have these tires impacted range?

Thanks a lot :)
Thank you!

I'm in NorCal also and in the same climate most likely driving similar roads. It just might be colder where I live and it does snow lightly a few times a year.

Yes I would recommend the Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus tires. Their strong points are one of the best performance all season SUV tires, very comfortable and quiet ride. It is not a super low rolling resistant tire for that Pirelli makes the Scorpion Verde All Season Plus which is more of a range tire and not performance. I should have mentioned I am never interested in squeezing out the maximum range in a tire especially with the very wide tires I run, I will never get top range. My range varies because of my driving and ambient temps but when it is warm, on a 100% charge, the maximum I have seen on my Premium was 271. I haven't had the GTPE long enough to drive it in warm weather but from what I can tell will most likely get around 240.

These particular Pirelli's do not come in the 245/45/20 tire size that is on the GTPE. You would need to go up one size to 255/45/20 which will fit and there will be no issues with clearance or anything else.

I moved the GTPE wheels/tires to my Premium when I sold it to my friend because he wanted them.
Sponsored