My GT - Regular Edition is arriving tonight

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Dealer says it's on the way, and Ford has invited me to "complete" my electric Mustang purchase. The whole process went very smoothly and quickly, all things considered. I ordered in early June with no advance reservation. Every step happened on schedule, or early. Ford had estimated 7 months (28+ weeks) to deliver, and it's been just 4.5 months.

I think I'm gonna buy it, but would appreciate any last-minute input from Regular Edition owners on:
1. Seats - I've always liked leather, and have never had the ultrasuede in a car. Seats working out ok for you?
2. Turning diameter - 39.7' for the GTs, same as an aircraft carrier. Do you notice any undue difficulty maneuvering the car?
3. Suspension - Several owners have noted "bounciness". Anyone have favorable experience with the ride quality? Mostly, I just don't want it to be too rough on my passengers. I drive conservatively/normally on mostly pretty good roads.
4. Any other comments you'd care to offer.

I don't plan on racing any quarter miles, just looking for a nice, fun/practical car, and I think the GT should fit the bill. Thank you for any replies, and for all the information you have shared over the past few months!
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Dealer says it's on the way, and Ford has invited me to "complete" my electric Mustang purchase. The whole process went very smoothly and quickly, all things considered. I ordered in early June with no advance reservation. Every step happened on schedule, or early. Ford had estimated 7 months (28+ weeks) to deliver, and it's been just 4.5 months.

I think I'm gonna buy it, but would appreciate any last-minute input from Regular Edition owners on:
1. Seats - I've always liked leather, and have never had the ultrasuede in a car. Seats working out ok for you?
2. Turning diameter - 39.7' for the GTs, same as an aircraft carrier. Do you notice any undue difficulty maneuvering the car?
3. Suspension - Several owners have noted "bounciness". Anyone have favorable experience with the ride quality? Mostly, I just don't want it to be too rough on my passengers. I drive conservatively/normally on mostly pretty good roads.

I don't plan on racing any quarter miles, just looking for a nice, fun/practical car, and I think the GT should fit the bill. Thank you for any replies, and for all the information you have shared over the past few months!
Congrats on the arrival. Iā€˜m headed back to the Grumpy thread.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I just picked up mine today. All the anticipation and fear of the uncertain melts away. You're gonna love it.

Suspension is fine, seats are great, turning radius I haven't even noticed, power boost duration is long enough.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Picked up my GT last week. Traded in my First Edition. Great upgrade. Really love the GT. Unbridled mode is awesome. Wouldnā€™t call it bouncy, just feel more of the crappy Dallas roads than I would like. On smooth roads itā€™s like butter. Nervous the ultra suede might feel a little hot in summer, but the speed, styling, and functionality trump my minor issues. Great car. Huge upgrade from the Extended Range AWD.

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I just picked up mine today. All the anticipation and fear of the uncertain melts away. You're gonna love it.

Suspension is fine, seats are great, turning radius I haven't even noticed, power boost duration is long enough.
Thanks - that's what I wanted to hear!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I ordered in early June with no advance reservation.
I celebrate everything you've said except this. This makes me grumpy. Congrats my man! I hope you love the car

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I celebrate everything you've said except this. This makes me grumpy. Congrats my man! I hope you love the car
Thanks Dave, and I'm glad yours is coming soon.

I definitely do not endorse Ford's terribly erratic scheduling practices, even though it worked out well for me. I feel guilty, but will not let that stop me from taking delivery! ;)

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag

The ultra suede (miko) was on the seats on my Focus RS and it works fine in the summer, my Focus ST has leather and you'll peel yourself of those on a hot summer day when the car had been parked up baking in sun, no such issue with the RS.

My Focus ST (& RS) also have a similar rubbish turning circle in normally everyday maneuvering it is generally fine. It is when you need to do tight maneuvers or u-turns on residential streets that you really notice it as most of the time you wont get around in one, you get used to to and plan accordingly.

Due to the current power limitations it just cannot be taken seriously as performance BEV but as performance appears to be down your list, you will find it more than ample for daily driving where you will probably just use the acceleration in quick bursts so rarely fall foul of the time limits, fun is of course subjective (it needs better steering in my book for that) it is also heavy so there really is only so much you can do before physics takes over. If you go in and treat it with the mind set that it really should have been called a premium sport instead of a GT then you will be happy.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Pix or it didn't happen. Congrats!!!

Racing_Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, '04 Silverado
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

I have had my no options GT for 2 weeks now, so I'll comment.
  1. I like the seats. The are comfortable and have a nice feel.
  2. The turning circle is definitely worse than the 535i I am coming from (RWD). I can still get into parking spots in one go if I use all the available space.
  3. The ride is definitely "sporty", but my wife and kids all really love riding in the car and haven't ever mentioned the stiffness. My wife even asked to drive it to work on the only day I didn't need it.
  4. I am amazed how relaxed and quiet the drive can be when that is what you want, but also how brutally fast it is when you put the pedal all the way down. It's the perfect balance for me. The power reduction after 5 seconds of full power is real, but honestly not an issue for me. At that point you're already at 70 mph anyway.

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
All the tracking tools, including ford.com swear that my GT was delivered to my dealer on Wednesday. The dealer's own inventory system says the car was delivered. But 48 hours later, they can't find my electric Mustang anywhere.

No doubt it will turn up eventually...

Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT - Regular Edition is arriving tonight 1634954084976

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
All the tracking tools, including ford.com swear that my GT was delivered to my dealer on Wednesday. The dealer's own inventory system says the car was delivered. But 48 hours later, they can't find my electric Mustang anywhere.

No doubt it will turn up eventually...

Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT - Regular Edition is arriving tonight 1634954084976
Itā€™s there. I had the same thing happen the other day. All the trackers read delivered to dealer. Our dealer never called. I'm 4 minutes away so drove thru the parking lot and there was my GTPE with shipping tape still attached.