My Mach-E with panel gap issue

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
My Mach-E arrived at the dealer site on Friday (2/12). I didn't get a chance to post until now because I was out of town.

I was pretty sad about the condition of the new car.

After multiple rounds of delay related to quality, I am surprised by what I saw. It is pretty bang-up for a new car with only 10 miles.

1. Bad alignment of the liftgate.

I wasn't even checking for panels gap, just walking around my car in excitement when I notice the left rubber seal for the liftgate sticking out weirdly. When I take a closer look, I realized the alignment of the liftgate is off. The gap on the left side is too tight and squeezed the rubber seal out. The right rubber seal looks strange also.

2. Dents on the rear bumper.
They seem to be caused by the license plate from the Mach-E behind my car.

3. There are scratches on the bottom of the front bumpers. Most likely caused by some guys that drive the car up/down the ramp at an excessive speed.

4. There is a Dent on the driver-side rocker panel.

I have an appointment with the dealer on Monday. They told me they have to keep the car for the day, because they are not sure how to fix it. :-(

tempImagepSwIqp.png

tempImage7GDQvg.png

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My Mach-E arrived at the dealer site on Friday (2/12). I didn't get a chance to post until now because I was out of town.

After multiple rounds of delay related to quality, I am surprised by what I saw. It is pretty bang-up for a new car with only 10 miles.

I wasn't even checking for panels gap, just walking around my car in excitement when I notice the left rubber seal for the liftgate sticking out weirdly. When I take a closer look, I realized the alignment of the liftgate is off. The gap on the left side is too tight and squeezed the rubber seal out. The right rubber seal looks strange also.

3. There are scratches on the bottom of the front bumpers. Most likely caused by some guys that drive the car up/down the ramp at an excessive speed.

I have an appointment with the dealer on Monday. They told me they have to keep the car for the day, because they are not sure how to fix it. :-(

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E with panel gap issue tempImage7GDQv

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E with panel gap issue tempImage7GDQv
Thats sad to hear and see - hope the dealer fixes them soon. The scratches and some damage we have heard here before but not the rear panel alignment issues. When was your s built - wondering if the additional transport to QC change added to the likelihood of damage

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
Yeah mine too, I asked to adjust them, it is a bit more to the left. They said they did a little ajustement and I have to run the car for 1-2 weeks and see how it is before they adjust them right.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E with panel gap issue 478ED3FC-90AA-4DF9-B05D-7DB7A38E0CCB
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E with panel gap issue 4A454B39-11DA-4085-9E72-AFD6C8D28652

OP
OP

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
My car was built on 12/8 and shipped on 12/31. Yes, I did received the dreaded email for additional quality check. Just surprised that something so obvious wasn't caught.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
My car was built on 12/8 and shipped on 12/31. Yes, I did received the dreaded email for additional quality check. Just surprised that something so obvious wasn't caught.
build date 12/1 and shipped 12/31 and went to speedway too

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E with panel gap issue 4A454B39-11DA-4085-9E72-AFD6C8D28652

Since All of this damage was in the back of the car, I am betting this is all due to transport damage, and that sucks.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think @Shayne has his tailgate too much to the left too
Adjusted to even both sides. Up a bit now at the v seam that cuts across pretty equally on each side. Looks fine even just tail gate up a bit; before it was a bit cock eyed.

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag

i cannot believe how appalling this is and that the car was offered to you in that condition. I may be reading the photos of yours and Mike’s car correctly and have not seen the car in person for a year but was always anticipating that the weatherproofing of the hatch would be by secret gasket as with other cars. The photos I have seen of the rear of the car do not show the gasket and a much tighter joint. I wonder what other new owners have.
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E with panel gap issue 0F5C230B-75DD-4479-856A-5DB1A5426A64
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E with panel gap issue F8A8CD56-0646-4212-9BDF-76E316D2D760

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
hmmm.... if I find issues like that on my delivery walk around I will not be accepting delivery.

pmoc09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max
Country flag
After reading your thread. Noticed a couple issues on mine as well! Found liftgate as well as driver and rear doors misaligned ?. The dealer I bought from is 1 hour away. Hopefully a dealer closer to me will be able rectify these issues. ?

door-misaligned.png

PXL_20210221_161742982.jpg

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
After reading your thread. Noticed a couple issues on mine as well! Found liftgate as well as driver and rear doors misaligned ?. The dealer I bought from is 1 hour away. Hopefully a dealer closer to me will be able rectify these issues. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E with panel gap issue PXL_20210221_161742982

Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E with panel gap issue PXL_20210221_161742982
It would be really helpful if any new owners who are happy with their hatch panel gap could post a photo of what can be expected and achieved with the gap consistency, and the gasket visibility.

OP
OP

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
So your left side liftgate has a tighter gap too? There were 2 other Mach-E when I pick up my car and those cars seemed ok. I will let you know what my dealer say tomorrow when I meet with them.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
hmmm.... if I find issues like that on my delivery walk around I will not be accepting delivery.
It can be easily fixed, body panels get adjusted all the time.

As long as it's done before you take the car home, there should be no argument from the dealer. After sale, that might get harder to get them to agree you didn't do it yourself.
Sponsored