AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I would personally keep the spare to be honest. Especially if you will rely on it. The adapters add a point of failure and there might come a time when you need the spare.
I plan to keep my free one from. Doesn't hurt to have a spare as you stated.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
FAE90001883 order feb 29th 2024

CarsIMBwife

First Name
Rosie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired Data Analyst
Country flag
Have my order in with a May delivery. I can’t tell if I’ve received the update, though. My car was in the shop getting its new HVBJB while I was on vacation last week. When I checked my latest update it was 24-PU0102-SVD-FX2. Nothing appeared in FP. Any ideas?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Somebody knows somebody at Ford I see
Or more accurately, Ford knows Mark is an influencer, and a heavy user, and they want real world people to test it first. I think it is great they picked a few people from this forum to participate.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag
Finally found someone that actually can find the reservations. Apparently I had one that went in on 2/29/24 and it is #90025756. I have a link that you can use to make sure you have a reservation:

https://www.ford.com/myaccount/connected-services?vin=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&keyName=chargeradapterstatus

Mine says ship in July.
Your adapter reservation status Order # FAE:90025756 Est. ship by July 2024 Order Placed: 2/29/2024 Your Fast Charging Adapter is currently in production. We’re working hard to stock as many as we can, as fast as we can. We will send you a follow-up email as soon as your adapter is ready to ship. Availability may change— when convenient, check back here for updated shipping estimates. If you have any questions, please contact the accessories team at 844-589-0060, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Eastern, Monday - Friday.

Last edited:

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME eAWD Sel, 2022 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 1949 8N
Country flag
Alas, the option to order has disappeared.

I’m on the line with Ford’s EV team, they’re as baffled as I am, and are going to try punting me to FordPass CS and see if they can recover the order info.

EDIT: Ford Pass says we have to talk to marketing, now we are waiting for them to conference in.

EDIT EDIT: Marketing says no, it’s a Ford Pass issue, we’ve been sent to a different number at Ford Pass.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Ford Pass’s rep is baffled and has now been punted to some internal tech support or something.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: now I’ve been offloaded to e-commerce.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: a full hour since the original call started, E-commerce says they can see the VIN has been redeemed for a NACS adapter but can’t see the order yet, they say the system is really screwed up right now and some confirmation emails got delayed/never went out. So, they can see I made an order, but can’t give my any information yet. Weirdly, the order could only be found from my VIN, there’s no FordPass account associated with it yet in their system, which caused some confusion, but she can see the VIN does have an adapter associated with it. They gave me a case # and said to wait a few days and see if the order info shows up in Connected Services finally, and if it doesn’t call back and they’ll try again or force an order or something.
Update. I never did get a confirmation email or become able to access my order in the connected services page. HOWEVER, I am now able to access my order via the link provided in this thread. What seems to have unstuck it was a call to FordPass CS to fix a missing points issue (dealer had given our points for the purchase to the wrong customer) at which time they found I had THREE different semi-connected FordPass account member IDs due to some dealer screwups (I’ve had a Ford login of one sort or another for ~20 years) over the years. They merged the accounts or whatever and now the order is visible because the car is finally properly associated with my member ID # I actually use, not one of the strays. It’s a May delivery.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I've seen quite a few videos of MME's pulling as close as possible to Tesla superchargers and getting dangerously close to clipping/rubbing the curb. I added two of these ramps today to my frunk so I'm prepared when roadtripping this summer. They sit cleanly at the bottom of the frunk, flat, in the large rectangular area.

Not too tall, but just enough to get clearance over most curbs I think. When my adapter gets here, or if I come across a v3 station, I'll give them a shot and share a few photos. Yeah, it might get a chuckle out of some folks but I'm not risking ramming into a curb or stopping just ahead of it and not getting enough cord length.

71QAQQj-RAL._AC_SX466_.jpg

71T3QNW44VL._AC_SX466_.jpg

71pcgvTleVL._AC_SX466_.jpg
Thanks. Are they needed for non-GTs?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks. Are they needed for non-GTs?
The issue is the same, yes. Ground clearance and nose length doesn't really change.

Whether one "needs" them or not is matter for each person to weigh. It's an option that could help a bit in some cases. But every station is laid out a little differently. I'm not planning on getting any, but then, I plan to keep using EA as my primary choice and SCs as backup. They seem to be removing the bollards and parking blocks at Magic Dock stations, and I assume the same will happen at other adapter-capable stations.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
The issue is the same, yes. Ground clearance and nose length doesn't really change.

Whether one "needs" them or not is matter for each person to weigh. It's an option that could help a bit in some cases. But every station is laid out a little differently. I'm not planning on getting any, but then, I plan to keep using EA as my primary choice and SCs as backup. They seem to be removing the bollards and parking blocks at Magic Dock stations, and I assume the same will happen at other adapter-capable stations.
I'm not taking the risk of showing up to the only supercharger in a 60 mile radius (thanks Indiana) and not being able to clear a curb at the cost of 33 bucks and 4 inches of frunk space.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I’m really curious about the production rate for these adapters. I would think that the adapter factory probably isn’t doing more than a couple of hundred per day. The tooling and headcount is likely geared to a sustainable daily output over several years. While that leaves room for 3pty players like A2Z and Lectron, Tesla’s vendor is just gonna do their thing at their own planned pace.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I’m really curious about the production rate for these adapters. I would think that the adapter factory probably isn’t doing more than a couple of hundred per day. The tooling and headcount is likely geared to a sustainable daily output over several years. While that leaves room for 3pty players like A2Z and Lectron, Tesla’s vendor is just gonna do their thing at their own planned pace.
They also are trickling these adapters out so that SCs are not immediately overwhelmed by a huge influx of Fords. By controlling the production rate, they can slowly ramp the numbers up.

Reactions: SWO

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think the last Ford order# I saw was around 68,000 with Sept delivery. But pretty sure the Rivian adapters are the same units, which should mean GMs and the others will be the same pool of Tesla-made adapters. Overlapping, but staggered starts. Ford's pace looks like around 10k-15k/mo. Add in Rivians and others (depending on when they jump into the mix) and it could be like a 30k/mo (7500/week) production rate.

Pure speculation, of course.
Sponsored