Nerdy drivetrain / operation question dump.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When you press the brake pedal past the max regen point, you get mechanical braking kicking in, and you start to get that "normal" brake pedal feel, i.e. more pressure gives more braking. New users just naturally and immediately push past the regen braking and into mechanical braking, and this gives some abrupt braking. Takes a few tries to get used to it, but after that, you're good to go.
In one of the Ford livecast videos, they said you "really have to push the pedal down" for the mechanical breaking to kick in. So sound like most of the pedal is just increasingly stronger regen.
Sponsored

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
Braking feel will be similar to a current Ford hybrid. If you are not used to it, you will first describe it as "weird" or "stupid". After about a week, you will describe it as "perfect", pure blended braking magic.

When you first press the brake pedal, you get regen only. More brake pedal travel gives more regen braking, but it will not have increasing resistance like mechanical brakes. This gives new users that "weird" feel, like a extremely overboosted brake system. Touchiest brakes ever, lol.

When you press the brake pedal past the max regen point, you get mechanical braking kicking in, and you start to get that "normal" brake pedal feel, i.e. more pressure gives more braking. New users just naturally and immediately push past the regen braking and into mechanical braking, and this gives some abrupt braking. Takes a few tries to get used to it, but after that, you're good to go.

Hope this helps.
I need to save this description for when my wife first starts driving the car. I expect to hear the exact feedback you have in quotes, LoL.