Rohan

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2022 Premium AWD
Country flag
Unsure if you caught this, but there is a new watchOS experience complimenting the iOS app. Same would apply to Android.
This is the first I've heard of a FordPass Wear OS option. Sweet. Thanks!

Snakebitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
One thing I noticed that I really like is that if I'm charging, each time I return to the app it auto-refreshes the charging status/forecast without the delay.
On the current version, when I return it shows the previous values and a message for how many minutes since it refreshed. But even that value is stale and you either just wait for a refresh or trigger one manually.

Ford Mustang Mach-E New FordPass app? Not sure how I feel. 1000022546

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
Unsure if you caught this, but there is a new watchOS experience complimenting the iOS app. Same would apply to Android.
on the android side, is there any chance of adding a control (i.e. frunk/trunk opening) in a notification action or tile? or even just a home screen widget?

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Cool. I can figure out the current UTC offset. (I charge at midnight.)

(I'm not dragging on you. I'm hoping some of the current team are following along.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E New FordPass app? Not sure how I feel. 1711686175962-yy

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
or even just a home screen widget?
A widget or widgets would be really awesome. Mainly I'd want to see the HVB and LVB SoC, temperature of cabin, and possibly tire pressures. I wouldn't really need controls directly on the widget...just a way to open the app to get to the controls.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
A widget or widgets would be really awesome. Mainly I'd want to see the HVB and LVB SoC, temperature of cabin, and possibly tire pressures. I wouldn't really need controls directly on the widget...just a way to open the app to get to the controls.
There is this app and widget created by a forum member, this is on my Pixel, app called Ford Status Widget

Screenshot_20240329-072111.png

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
There is this app and widget created by a forum member, this is on my Pixel, app called Ford Status Widget
Yeah, pretty cool. I used it for a little while maybe a year ago and recently installed it again. I really appreciate the effort put into creating it. I wish it had a smaller just status info widget with the info I mentioned. The whole thing about needing a separate account to use it or Ford might lock your account is quite a barrier to entry. It was a hassle that prevented me from using it for quite some time.

It's open source, right? As a developer who has not worked in the Android space, I ought to go figure out what it takes to modify it to make the type of widget I prefer.

But I wish Ford had a widget built-in, but I suppose they don't want to spend effort that can't also be used on iOS.

I miss the Google Assistant integration the FP app used to have. That was eliminated by Google. I used it to create buttons on my phone home screens for common functions. But the FP5 app is so responsive it's now not so bad to just open the app to issue those commands.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah, pretty cool. I used it for a little while maybe a year ago and recently installed it again. I really appreciate the effort put into creating it. I wish it had a smaller just status info widget with the info I mentioned. The whole thing about needing a separate account to use it or Ford might lock your account is quite a barrier to entry. It was a hassle that prevented me from using it for quite some time.

It's open source, right? As a developer who has not worked in the Android space, I ought to go figure out what it takes to modify it to make the type of widget I prefer.

But I wish Ford had a widget built-in, but I suppose they don't want to spend effort that can't also be used on iOS.

I miss the Google Assistant integration the FP app used to have. That was eliminated by Google. I used it to create buttons on my phone home screens for common functions. But the FP5 app is so responsive it's now not so bad to just open the app to issue those commands.
It now has 3 sizes and hasn't locked my account, I have only used it about a week and mostly I forget it's there since it's not my home screen.

thecodingart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid AGT, Mach-e
Occupation
Former Platform Software Engineer Lead - @Ford on FordPass
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E New FordPass app? Not sure how I feel. Screenshot_20240329-072111
I wouldn’t recommend using any non Ford endorsed 3rd party software. It’s a sure fire way for account ban and headaches.

CarlSagan82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
One thing I noticed that I really like is that if I'm charging, each time I return to the app it auto-refreshes the charging status/forecast without the delay.
On the current version, when I return it shows the previous values and a message for how many minutes since it refreshed. But even that value is stale and you either just wait for a refresh or trigger one manually.

1000022546.jpg
Praying for iOS to get a dark version of the app. Love this.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I wouldn’t recommend using any non Ford endorsed 3rd party software. It’s a sure fire way for account ban and headaches.
I've used that app for over 2 years and never had an issue. It does have a setting that's active called "Don't pull data until public API is released", so I don't think it will get you locked out - but I am totally clueless regarding app programming. Just think it is a good app and the developer seems to be very conscientious.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I think the login is different on this app, I had the struggles with the Charge Smart MA app and it was locking my account, no issues on this one, but yeah if it does lock I will remove it.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
If this is now the thread for App wishes:

Particularly if you're only going to give us charging kW in one significant figure (rounding down?), could you please-please-please also add volts and amps?

The latter (amps) are particularly useful for L2 charging. For example, I've plugged my Escape PHEV in before at a new location where the kW reading in the app is just "2". This doesn't tell me whether I have a low voltage situation (commercial...though I should still get over 3kW with 208v) or an amp limitation (or both?)

Ford Mustang Mach-E New FordPass app? Not sure how I feel. 1000002447

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
yep, i use and very much appreciate this widget. my main ask of fordpass devs (short of publishing the public API and officially opening to third party developers) is to add a simple, accessible function to open the frunk and trunk when i arrive at my car. they're adding watchOS/wearOS functions to do a function that could be done simply in the app as well.

the current dance of arriving near the car, unlocking the phone, opening the app, waiting for the app to finish arranging icons/buttons on the screen, and finally you get to press&hold the app button only to have it move yet again from under your finger/thumb and be told to "press & hold" again... is... fun. 🙄
Sponsored