New issue tonight drivers window controls dead.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
My window control on drivers side stopped working. Restarted the car a couple of times and still not working. Turn off the car and try using app all windows roll down fine. The switch is lighting up with lights on. Just can’t control any windows.

UPDATE: It is working again the next day.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
My window control on drivers side stopped working. Restarted the car a couple of times and still not working. Turn off the car and try using app all windows roll down fine. The switch is lighting up with lights on. Just can’t control any windows.
Probably should take it to the dealer. Is it only driver window control not working? What about the other 3 individual controls? I've had a problem before on a Lexus, where driver's control of front passenger window wouldn't work. Seem to remember it was a relatively easy fix. Some sort of a short.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I had that happen to me: All the controls on the driver's door died; nothing. Windows, mirrors, etc.

Got disgusted, but it was dinner time. Ate dinner and came back out: everything worked.

My suggestion: Don't just cycle power on/off--need to give the car a good 10-20 minute rest so everything can go to sleep and then wake up again on power up.

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep that happened to me as well awhile back as I was going through a takeout window ?. To JamieGeek's point, after powering the car off completely to the point where screens and lights are completely off, it then seemed to work after.

@Ford Motor Company may want to look into this as it sounds like this is happening to more folks now, and not just to a specific OTA release.

My original thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/driver-window-control-panel-not-controlling-anything.5473/
It is working today. This should get figured out ASAP!

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
It is working today. This should get figured out ASAP!
As someone that troubleshoots complex systems for a living, I can tell you that finding a root cause to an intermittent problem is not easy. You need to catch it while it’s happening. And this one seems to reset itself, so it’s going to be a rare case where someone can have it at a service center while it’s happening so they can try to find the issue.

lazydot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Same happened to me today. Window controls, mirror controls, and the child lock control stopped working. And, they started working after switched off car for 20-30 minutes.

Issues are expected in a first-generation model, but extremely frustrating to experience them :)

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
This happened to me today also. I parked the car for about an hour and window controls still do not work. Hopefully in the morning it will be OK.

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
I also have had some random, intermittent issues usually with drivers window auto closing.
This last weekend also included some randomness with passenger side, both auto up and down. After a bunch of actuations they all seemed to work.
Kind of a frustrating gremlin, but I suppose luckily for me it didn’t completely fail to close. Wonder if this will continue, or eventually get worse?

OP
OP
Ixoye

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also have had some random, intermittent issues usually with drivers window auto closing.
This last weekend also included some randomness with passenger side, both auto up and down. After a bunch of actuations they all seemed to work.
Kind of a frustrating gremlin, but I suppose luckily for me it didn’t completely fail to close. Wonder if this will continue, or eventually get worse?
I had a fun one the other day. Set cruise control and was coming up on a policeman and used the steering wheel button to lower my cruise speed, and no matter which way I pushed the button up or down it only made my cruise speed faster. Had to hit the brake to reset and set again. (worked the second time properly).

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I had a fun one the other day. Set cruise control and was coming up on a policeman and used the steering wheel button to lower my cruise speed, and no matter which way I pushed the button up or down it only made my cruise speed faster. Had to hit the brake to reset and set again. (worked the second time properly).
It works better if you lift your foot from the accelerator before adjusting cruise. ??

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It works better if you lift your foot from the accelerator before adjusting cruise. ??
I've had this happen to me a few times. I kept thinking "why the heck is the speed going up?!" and then I realized my foot was on the accelerator. I think the one-pedal mode confuses me at times.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Me too. Appointment next week. Ohh wait, it started working again.

Last edited:

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
This issue just happened now while at grocery store. Will try again this afternoon to see if problem resolved itself. Unable to operate mirrors/windows or child locks. Other doors are fine. Good to see it resolved after a short time for others
Sponsored