Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium AWD, Rapid Red Metallic, Nite Pony
Occupation
Retired Repiratory Therapist married to Retired Home Hospice RN
I too have an MX-5 (ND)
Pure cult car.

I absolutely love this Mach-E (GTPE)
It's become my daily beater, much to the chagrin of both of my 2-seater 6-speed manual alternative rides.

But yeah, no matter how good this electric demon is at what it is good at, it's never going to do well at the things that a 2300 lb Mazdarati does.
That's almost go-kart territory.
Apples to watermelons. 🤣

Congrats on the Mach-E!

You'll figure the apps and charging out. Takes seat time.

Oh, and sorry, but I can't resist since YOU brought it up!

20240521_223154.jpg
As Edmunds.com still says, "It's the most fun you can have in a car with your pants on."

My 2001 was a 5-Speed stick with a short throw. God, it was delicious to drive! Owned it from 2003 to 2018 (60K and stored when salt was on the roads) and put a battery in it.

We also took my newly broken in 76 MGB (stick of course) from Hollywood Florida up to US 2 in Michigan's UP and all the way out to Oregon. US 2 was still built to follow every hill and curve (unlike today's method of carving through the hills and filling in every swale). Driving through every National Park with the top down as like being on a motor sickle and we were driving it through the dessert outside Death Valley, approaching Lost Wages when it was announced that Elvis was found Dead. What a trip!

OP
OP

Sparty

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

VaporTrails

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GTPE
Country flag
While browsing around for chargers in PlugShare I noticed a Shell Recharge fast charger, first time seeing Shell in the charging game. So I downloaded their app and signed up for an account since I'm expecting to use that charger at some point in the future. It would be nice if FordPass could be the one stop shop for all charging payments, not holding my breath though.
I completely agree, and I have said this is a money-making opportunity for Ford. If you can make it transparent to use P&C complete with memberships to discount clubs….that is a value-add. Not all networks have the maturity and/or willingness to support P&C. I think this is a shame. EV’s could be sooooo much easier to DCFC than they are.

OP
OP

Sparty

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
WOW! Thanks for the suggestions! Tried several with no joy. But what a difference finding the right angel can have. Called Ford Customer Service. Got hung up on once because I didn't have the account # at hand; then was connected to "SARAH".

We spent 45 minutes together. Won't bore you with the details, but there were so many strange quirks in the Pass App itself. Ended up going to the vehicle and doing a factory reset after even Ford Pass Reset failed. Put my phone as owner account and then added Terri's.

After that everything went soooooo.. smoothly. Hadn't even lost settings we'd input.

Have now set up phones as keys and enabled all those features. Tomorrow we'll get the charge network going.

Life of MME is much better!! Gotta watch my garam masala venison steaks now.
Ford Mustang Mach-E NEW MACH E FORD APPS SETUP A ROYAL PAIN IN THE POSTERIOR REGIONS IMG_20240522_181258383
Sponsored

Last edited: