New software update (via dealer)

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Just saw this reply to a comment with some more info.
714F390C-1037-4F1E-9864-FBD0B2C304D1.jpeg
Haha, this is my question! My Mach-e is going into the dealership on Monday to get some updates for PAAK fixes, and other modules that need updates. I will ask them if they have this specific Sync version and maybe they can install it.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Haha, this is my question!
It’s a small MME world! Let us know if you get this update too. I’m guessing Ford had to add her VIN to an allow list in order to get that update.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
It’s a small MME world! Let us know if you get this update too. I’m guessing Ford had to add her VIN to an allow list in order to get that update.
Will let you know for sure. Since I'm in Canada, this Sync version may not be available but I have asked the dealership to update to the newest Sync version if there is one available. Now that I know this specific version, I will mention it and see if it shows in their systems.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Will let you know for sure. Since I'm in Canada, this Sync version may not be available but I have asked the dealership to update to the newest Sync version if there is one available. Now that I know this specific version, I will mention it and see if it shows in their systems.
Good luck! One the one hand, I want the latest as fast as possible. On the other hand, I want it to be as tested and vetted as possible!

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I'm really curious how the dealer got their hands on this update. I don't see any updates for the APIM on FDRS for my car.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm really curious how the dealer got their hands on this update. I don't see any updates for the APIM on FDRS for my car.
If I had to guess, I bet Ford authorizes cars by VIN. So when the dealership plugs it in to their system the car gets whatever version Ford has authorized it to get. That way they could send a special build to a particular vehicle.

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
i think one thing people have forgotten or may have known is that EV & Chill is part of the beta program as mentioned in a previous video of theirs.

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Keep in mind this was a dealer installed update.

Hopefully they'll start the OTA update of Sync soon.
Okay, I was wondering about that. I really want an update, but my car is working fine as is now.

musgang

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E California Route 1
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I dropped my car off today and asked for this specific version of sync. the dealership guy said “we cant do updates based on internet advice”, but they still gonna do updates. Hope its a more recent version.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
pics were posted on a new GT screen thread. tic tac toe is kinda ridiculous.
Tic tac toe is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. I hope they didn't pull programmers off the Blue Cruse to make that happen.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Tic tac toe is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. I hope they didn't pull programmers off the Blue Cruse to make that happen.
This is a feature that has been in other cars with Sync4 for a while. There wasn't any special programming that happened for this to be added to the MachE. For whatever reason, the initial build they are putting in our cars, is old enough that it doesn't include that feature.

The features of Sync are not really vehicle specific. Nothing sync related will really be handled by the MME team. All cars get the same basic sync software, and then a config file basically tells the software what features to enable or disable, depending on what features your car is capable of.

drivenfilms

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Videography / Photographer
Country flag
As someone who does video production for a living, I wish people would learn how to use manual shutter speed and the proper frame rate so we don't have to deal with the massive screen flicker in their videos.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As someone who does video production for a living, I wish people would learn how to use manual shutter speed and the proper frame rate so we don't have to deal with the massive screen flicker in their videos.
I work in video production too. It’s really hard to do with the average phone camera app though. I spent a while getting the screen flicker gone when I recorded the welcome/goodbye animations. The average person sent going to do that unfortunately.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You wanted them to leave THAT guy on BlueCruise?

Just kidding, sort of. Tic-tac-toe probably requires more than one guy or gal to implement. ;)

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Updates can be downloaded while you're driving or parked. Either way, they can be downloaded relatively quickly through the 4G modem, or WiFi if connected, to the gateway module (GWM).

The GWM can then begin to push updates to other modules depending on state of 12V charge, park/drive state, etc. This can happen slowly depending on which bus is used within the vehicle.

Some modules, including the IPMA that was referenced earlier, can have updates staged into their memory even while you are actively driving. These updates are known as ABA swaps.

Once the B memory partition is fully loaded and verified, then the A and B memory pointers can be swapped so that the next time the module is reset (e.g. after the car is parked and key cycled), it loads the newer software.
Neat! Which part of these updates keeps effing up my door locks?
Sponsored