Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Lots of similar styling lines to the Mach E as well:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Nissan Ariya Debut on July 15th 960x0

Ford Mustang Mach-E Nissan Ariya Debut on July 15th 960x0-1

It's great to see Nissan pushing farther into the market and making a BEV with broader appeal.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That rosewood color is not great. I took a look at Nissan's website hoping to find alternative colors but no luck.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
That rosewood color is not great. I took a look at Nissan's website hoping to find alternative colors but no luck.
There are 12 color options shown. Although the rendering shown is probably not that accurate compared to a color chart.

They will offer hands free Propilot, which is what many companies are going to do.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
  • 130kW DC fast charging
  • 75% of range in 30min on 150kW charger
Mach E still markets 70% in 45 minutes. Hopefully it will be improved enough to be on par with Ariya.

When will pricing be available? It's unlikely I will switch, but I want to be informed.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Mach E still markets 70% in 45 minutes. Hopefully it will be improved enough to be on par with Ariya.

When will pricing be available? It's unlikely I will switch, but I want to be informed.
Their website says more information coming in September, but does not say what information is coming. Not sure you will get real details until much later. Sounds like the Ariya will hit the streets in NA about a year later than the MME.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Not enough pricing details to really compare. It has a decent starting price, but what is included... How much with largest battery and AWD? and the most important factor, it's at least a year behind the mach e...
on the plus side, competition is good and will drive down prices... of course that will take years....

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like it. Not as nice as the Mach-e, but I like the body style and general look. More importantly, so will millions of Americans. It's a good fit for the popular small SUV/CUV segment that's very in-demand in the US. And this one appears to have some nicer upscale touches.

Very glad to see these types of BEVs hitting the market soon. They're the type of vehicles that will really help boost US BEV sales.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Only a 3% battery reserve. Compared to 11% for the Mach-e. Interesting.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I REALLY like it. This may replace MME for me. I like having a HUD and I like the horizontal displays in the car instead of the "we stuck an Ipad in the dash" kind of look. Lots of subtle styling cues. No fussy door handles. Better price. This will be a tough decision for me - but everyone has their own tastes.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Only a 3% battery reserve. Compared to 11% for the Mach-e. Interesting.
The charging wattages are on the "low" side. This may be one of Nissan's ways to prolong the battery life and keep costs down. 7.2kW AC charging and 130kW DC fast charging should be easier on the pack and generate less heat to manage.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I have to say that I like it. If it was going to be out sooner, I'd probably put some serious consideration into cancelling my MME. My Leaf has been rock solid other than battery degradation due to bad decisions long ago at Nissan. I really hope Ford is sharpening the pencils on those performance numbers. 0-60 is a silly metric in most cases, but going to be sad for a Nissan family car to out run a Mustang in normal AWD form.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I really hope Ford is sharpening the pencils on those performance numbers. 0-60 is a silly metric in most cases, but going to be sad for a Nissan family car to out run a Mustang in normal AWD form.
That was eye-opening to me too. Agree that 0-60 is a mostly silly metric, but it's still telling. My guess is it's mostly about weight. That bigger body heft the Mach-e has (which really improves the looks, at least over the Tesla's) comes at a weight cost. As does the bigger battery. And that seems especially penalizing to BEV performance.

EDITED: After looking further, that 5+ second 0-60 is for the performance version (which compares to the MME GT). On the non-performance versions, 0-60 is 7.5. So the MME is clearly faster on both.
Sponsored

Last edited: