No Bluecruise in my 2021 MME Premium

Foxbod E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150, 21 Mach E, 14 Fusion, 93 Fox
Country flag
I just bought a 2021 Premium X but it doesn't have the bluecruise update, please help!!!!! can I update it myself?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Yes. All premium job 1 2021s can do BlueCruise great, unless you have a sensor or camera failure.

If you are serious about doing it yourself, also possible but it will take some additional $ investment in equipment and several hours of your time.

OP
OP

Foxbod E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. All premium job 1 2021s can do BlueCruise great, unless you have a sensor or camera failure.

If you are serious about doing it yourself, also possible but it will take some additional $ investment in equipment and several hours of your time.
How long does it take the dealer to update?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP

Foxbod E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I took my 21 MME Premium X in today for Bluecruise update and they said Ford had suspended the update for now because of technical difficulties, software glitch, does this sound correct?

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Well I took my 21 MME Premium X in today for Bluecruise update and they said Ford had suspended the update for now because of technical difficulties, software glitch, does this sound correct?
No. The tech didn't do something right. There have been thousands of job 1 21's updated via OTA and via FDRS (The tool the dealer and DIYers use) If you post your vin in the thread mentioned a couple of posts up, there are people that can see what the dealer actually did. It may be helpful to know that the next time you speak with them.

OP
OP

Foxbod E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No. The tech didn't do something right. There have been thousands of job 1 21's updated via OTA and via FDRS (The tool the dealer and DIYers use) If you post your vin in the thread mentioned a couple of posts up, there are people that can see what the dealer actually did. It may be helpful to know that the next time you speak with them.
Why do you think mine doesn't already have it OTA? The service advisor said Ford recently put the uprades on 21s on hold. That didn't sound right.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
They did suspend BC updates late last year. It seems to be taking a long time to resolve. Your car must be a Job 1, so I think you will be eligible for a free year of BC connected service when its available again. After that it is a paid subscription.

OP
OP

Foxbod E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They did suspend BC updates late last year. It seems to be taking a long time to resolve. Your car must be a Job 1, so I think you will be eligible for a free year of BC connected service when its available again. After that it is a paid subscription.
How will I know when its available again? will it be OTA?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why do you think mine doesn't already have it OTA? The service advisor said Ford recently put the uprades on 21s on hold. That didn't sound right.
There are lots of 21s and 22s stuck in various states of the OTA process. The good news is that the FDRS tool is able to push through everything you didn't get via OTA. The bad news is that its difficult to convince the dealer to undertake the FDRS work because its a lot of time for them to spend on it.
There is no blanket "hold" on software updates to 2021 models. Perhaps they ended the Ford service bulletin that reimbursed dealers for doing the BlueCruise install manually.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How will I know when its available again? will it be OTA?
Really the next thing you should do like right now is post your VIN in that other thread and that will tell you where you stand in terms of outdated software modules.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
it isn't right... there is no hold on BC updates (v1) for 21's No 21's or 22s are getting BC 1.2 yet.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
There was quite a bit of discussion about the hold on the BC update, see this thread.
I have been following this and have not seen any updates since then. If anyone has concrete info regarding the hold being removed, please post it, thanks.
Sponsored