No Camera when stopped/in Drive

tcomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium E4X
Country flag
Hi everyone!

I just received my new Mach E last week! Super excited! I have an issue (maybe?) with using the camera:

When I'm in Drive, I click on the "Camera" button in the menu, but nothing happens - i.e. the camera view is not launched. I get this would maybe not work at speed, but even when I'm fully stopped with foot on break, this doesn't do anything. When I enter Park mode, the screen button works. When I put the car in Reverse, the camera pops up automatically.

Is that normal? In all my other cars I've owned with a camera, I could normally launch it when pulling in to park or something at low speeds to see the 360 view.

It came with the park assist prep kit, which was totally understandable with the chip shortage, and maybe that's related to this?

Thanks!
Sponsored

1Mowavr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD long range batery
Country flag
I also have a 2022 with the prep kit for the parking but my camera works fine whenever I select it going at a slow speed (never tried it going fast). Whish it would pop on automatically when parking (like some other cars do).
So you either have a problem or there is some setting that may need to be changed (a guru will supply that answer - if it exists)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I think the problem is that you are stepping on the break, which breaks the function. Try stepping on the brake instead.

Mach-n-ev-er

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, 76 CJ7, 2015 Jeep Wrangler, Mach e gt
Occupation
General
Country flag
My cameras pop up on the screen automatically when I pull in to close parking areas, like my garage or parking spots with curbs or other cars nearby. It will also open when driving but I have not check at high speeds. 22 gtpe

OP
OP

tcomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium E4X
Country flag
I think the problem is that you are stepping on the break, which breaks the function. Try stepping on the brake instead.
LOL - I'll try using the brake - maybe that will help ;-)

My cameras pop up on the screen automatically when I pull in to close parking areas, like my garage or parking spots with curbs or other cars nearby. It will also open when driving but I have not check at high speeds. 22 gtpe
I wish I could get mine to do that. Even just pressing the camera button in the UI when going very slow or stopped would be nice if it didn't have to be in park or reverse.

My work-around (sorta) right now is just when i'm parking i just flip it into reverse and then back to drive, and I have the setting on that leaves the camera up after reverse, so that puts it up for me, but it's kind of annoying.

OP
OP

tcomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium E4X
Country flag
I was testing this again this morning, and for whatever reason, it seemed to work. Will continue trying, but it seems intermittent.

I would love for the camera to just auto-pop on when I'm going at a very slow speed and approaching close to other objects. It seems to maybe behave that way for others? At least for me currently, it's definitely not the case and at a minimum I need to press the camera button, and potentially even put it into reverse first even just to get the camera up.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I was testing this again this morning, and for whatever reason, it seemed to work. Will continue trying, but it seems intermittent.

I would love for the camera to just auto-pop on when I'm going at a very slow speed and approaching close to other objects. It seems to maybe behave that way for others? At least for me currently, it's definitely not the case and at a minimum I need to press the camera button, and potentially even put it into reverse first even just to get the camera up.
That is exactly what it does do - when the sensors see a close object, the camera comes on. I have a hard turn into my garage. I want it on sooner, so I stop and hit the button, then proceed.

Ford of Canada

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.ca
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

Good morning - could you please send Ford of Canada a private message with your VIN? We’d like to take a closer look at the symptoms your Mustang Mach-E is experiencing with its camera. Thank you.

OP
OP

tcomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium E4X
Country flag
Good morning - could you please send Ford of Canada a private message with your VIN? We’d like to take a closer look at the symptoms your Mustang Mach-E is experiencing with its camera. Thank you.
Sure! Will do!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
That is exactly what it does do - when the sensors see a close object, the camera comes on. I have a hard turn into my garage. I want it on sooner, so I stop and hit the button, then proceed.
Same for me for the garage. If I want it to come on early or stay on longer, I just have to turn it on. Our definition of close though may not be what the car thinks of as close.

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
Ford needs to address this in an update. Going forward, the camera will eventually come on but by then you almost hit the curb/wall/etc.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Ford needs to address this in an update. Going forward, the camera will eventually come on but by then you almost hit the curb/wall/etc.
For me, I have to be way too close to a front object for it to switch and curb stops never trigger it, which is odd as they always have in my old cars. Where I park at work, there is a curb stop then a wall just a bit behind it. Even if I pull all the way up to where I'm just short of the wall, it doesn't turn on. Drives me nuts.
Sponsored