First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Ok, so let’s switch it up. ?

How many threads will we get in the springtime with something like: My range has increased, how did that happen?
My vote = 0

It's all
Ford Mustang Mach-E Not charging to 80% magic
any way
Sponsored

mach_e_hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
@philseeman Hope you found your answer! Don't let the forum get you down!

I'm one of those people who are too dumb for both the car and forum. Many here would say something like oh well you should have known x y z for being an early adopter and if you can't handle it then you should have known.

You can look at the forum posts and search they say. Some people haven't joined a forum before.

Some comments say the mach e is not for those who can't read the whole manual or can't Google stuff. But the reality is that isn't a requirement for buying this car.

People will get annoyed at posts, that's on them. But there will always be people to help! That's what I always remember!

Maybe there is some forum moderation going on but I'm not the one who would know.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
@philseeman Hope you found your answer! Don't let the forum get you down!

I'm one of those people who are too dumb for both the car and forum. Many here would say something like oh well you should have known x y z for being an early adopter and if you can't handle it then you should have known.

You can look at the forum posts and search they say. Some people haven't joined a forum before.

Some comments say the mach e is not for those who can't read the whole manual or can't Google stuff. But the reality is that isn't a requirement for buying this car.

People will get annoyed at posts, that's on them. But there will always be people to help! That's what I always remember!

Maybe there is some forum moderation going on but I'm not the one who would know.
This is at LEAST the fifth post this week, and those other threads are still active.

It's fine for people to come here not knowing anything, but some level of onus is on them to look around for a while to learn something. This isn't actually a free customer support line. It's intended to be a community, not a "hey answer this for me and then goodbye" exchange.

OP
OP

philseeman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select AWD
Occupation
Software developer / Entrepreneur
Country flag
With all due respect, I did search and none of those addressed what I thought my question was. I probably was not explicit enough but the assumption behind my question was that my issue was related to the part of the software in which one defines the percentage one wants to charge to; i.e. that it was seemingly shutting off too early.

It turns out that was not the case and the cause was weather-related, but that wasn't what I was thinking in posting my question.

At least I know the software is working properly!

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag

How many threads will we get in the springtime with something like: My range has increased, how did that happen?
Wait, something positive to say??? Then no, it will not make many threads, if any at all.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag

"So today my estimated range went up 42 miles, is this the extra battery capacity that Ford was supposed to allow us to access at some point? Did my car get a secret update!?"

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I have an MME Select AWD, so has a range of around 211 miles.

I have it set to charge to 80% at my "Home" location, so that should be around 168 miles. But whenever I charge it at Home, it gets to around 135 miles and then says that it's done charging and is at 100% of the level I set.

Does anyone know why it's stopping at around 135 and not going to approx. 168 which is the 80% I've set; and how to fix this issue?
I don't have my Mach E yet but seems to me you guys should drive these things and see if the estimates are correct or not. :rolleyes:

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag

OK, I don't have my Mach E yet but I think I have learned a great deal from this forum, please let me know if I'm right or not. ?

Really Cold = less range
Really Hot = less range
Stop n Go Traffic = less range
Drive really fast = less range
Low battery = less range

Does this cover it? ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Does this cover it? ?
Nope.

Steep Hills …. Less Range
Going down excessively and extremely steep hills with switchbacks and max regen on …. No range unless your car has an update.
Towing Stuff … Less range than everything else.

In fact, so many things affect range that we can’t really even back out of the garage. All those “I drove to Gander in my Mach-e” threads? Photoshop.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Wave...

Cherie

First Name
Cherie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I've only been around here for a month and know that already...

I think the standard answer should be, "The range is what it is"... There are so many factors that affect the range that it is never going to be the exact same number each time. Just a few factors that come to mind are:

1) Outside temp - The colder the temp, the decrease in range
2) Speed - The faster the car is going, the lower the range
3) Climate settings - The more heat and A/C being used, the lower the range

Ways to help increase range are:

1) Set the car to be at the temp you want inside before unplugging it from the charger overnight
2) Keeping moderate speeds on the highway - know that 70+ speeds are going to be lowering range significantly.
3) Try using the seat heater and steering wheel heater first before cranking up the heat in the car.

If range is really a concern, I would recommend having a level 2 charger at the home and get into the habit of plugging in every night with the charge setting to 80%. If there is still range anxiety at 80%, I would up the setting to 90%. I would think that for the majority of people out there this charging procedure should work out most of the time and in the few cases where a charge is needed on the road there is almost always going to be an option and most of those options will include a DC fast charger like Electrify America that will being the car up to 80% charge in about 40 minutes.
how do you up the setting to charge to 90% of battery (or 100% in anticipation of long trip)?
Sponsored