John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Cannot tell from a photo. From the off position push the stalk up one place for Auto mode, push up two places for constant on low, three for on high. The dial will set the sensitivity for auto mode.
Ok, I thought I was adjusting the intermittent speed, but was adjusting sensitivity. Thanks.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ok, I thought I was adjusting the intermittent speed, but was adjusting sensitivity. Thanks.
You'd think a School Board member would know to read the manual ;)

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You'd think a School Board member would know to read the manual ;)
[/QUOTE
Naw, he was bored of education.
OK smart guys, where do you think I went first. After @hybrid2bev ’s explanation, I get it, but I thought that one setting on the stalk with the “A” (that looks nothing like the Manual) was the setting for automatic. So even though they are “rain sensing” you have to move the stalk up to the first position to make them work.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Observations from Mach-E Helms Owners Documents F60C1873-4690-475A-BE0A-E172861AF2EF
Ford Mustang Mach-E Observations from Mach-E Helms Owners Documents 67F09974-D8AB-4D73-9B69-8B4274D64CA9

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Actually I'm with @jhalkias on this one. The manual explanation makes things absolutely not clear. The manual pictures makes things not clear in the slightest and the actual picture of the stalk shed zero light on it.

I think I'll be putting the MME out on the driveway during one of our afternoon deluges to figure this out.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OK smart guys, where do you think I went first. After @hybrid2bev ’s explanation, I get it, but I thought that one setting on the stalk with the “A” (that looks nothing like the Manual) was the setting for automatic. So even though they are “rain sensing” you have to move the stalk up to the first position to make them work.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Observations from Mach-E Helms Owners Documents 67F09974-D8AB-4D73-9B69-8B4274D64CA9
Why is it that so many manuals read like they were translated from Chinese by a non-native speaker of English?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I think I understand all of the iconography on the stalk... I actually think they were both clever and succinct. BTW if it helps (and I'm guessing it doesn't?), I read the 'o' marking as OFF.

This may be a sign that I've bought too much furniture from Ikea. ;)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I think I understand all of the iconography on the stalk... I actually think they were both clever and succinct. BTW if it helps (and I'm guessing it doesn't?), I read the 'o' marking as OFF.

This may be a sign that I've bought too much furniture from Ikea. ;)
Apparently I read posts in reverse order as I saw this one of yours last. Operator error most likely (officially I'm the operator of what passes for my brain).

On point: I actually never saw the little O. To me it was just a meaningless part of the symbol directly above it. Part of this is because I drive a 14 year old Tacoma. It's … simpler. I think it's just a matter of what you're used to. I'll get used to this quite fast.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I'm not sure why you'd go through all of that to open the lift gate, when you can just open it by moving your foot underneath it. Strange.
only works with fob in pocket. That process is for the touchpad with no fob.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Engineers must write them.
True. Most engineers seem to speak English as though it was a second language, even those born in the US to families that have been here for generations.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
only works with fob in pocket. That process is for the touchpad with no fob.
One thing for those of you not used to this to keep in mind . . . if you have that fob on you, and you do anything around that lift gate that causes movement under the bumper, that lift gate is going to open. I found this out the hard way when I had a bike rack that used mounts that fit in the seams of the lift gate, and when I was getting ready to remove the carrier the lift gate started opening when my foot went under the bumper. I couldn't react quickly enough and the mount got stuck and made a slight bend in my roofline above the seam as the lift gate opened and it got stuck.

Another reason why I wanted a hitch mount for my bikes.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The hit or miss with the rain sensing wipers - I have this in my current vehicles is that bot the stalk has to be in auto and the sensitivity has to be at the highest (few drops?) but then most often I dont like the wipers coming on with very little rain. So I resort to setting the stalk to off which defeats the feature. It only sort of works well when there is steady rain.