On the Fence after watching Mach E's thermal system nightmare

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Yeah, and Mussolini made the trains run on time. There is always someone willing to be an apologist for their guy. BTW, you don't pick whether you are a role model or not , society decides that. Ever hear anyone say, hey I'm now going to be a role model.
exactly what did musk do that was so bad that you’re comparing him to dictators? Theres a general rule in debates. Once you invoke hitler. You lost because no one can take your arguments seriously.
Sponsored

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
exactly what did musk do that was so bad that you’re comparing him to dictators? Theres a general rule in debates. Once you invoke hitler. You lost because no one can take your arguments seriously.

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
New YorkCNN —
Elon Musk has publicly endorsed an antisemitic conspiracy theory popular among White supremacists: that Jewish communities push “hatred against Whites."
Who mentioned Hitler? Reading is fundamental.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
New YorkCNN —
Elon Musk has publicly endorsed an antisemitic conspiracy theory popular among White supremacists: that Jewish communities push “hatred against Whites."
Who mentioned Hitler? Reading is fundamental.
I thought most Jews *were* white? 🤷

All this race trumpeting is so tiresome. Especially for a car forum.

Last edited:

E-PonyExpress

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 MME Premium AWD ER, ‘20 Explorer Platinum
Country flag
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 23 Mach E Premium with extended range battery, but I just watch Sandy Munro's comparison of the Mach E's thermal system nightmare vs, the Model Y. In addition I am concerned about downtime with HVBJB and other issues. Is this all blown out of proportion? Would you buy another Mach E knowing what you know now? Thanks in advance
I have had mine since this past June and drive about 60 miles total on a work day and have zero regrets. Everyone and I mean everyone that I have taken for a ride in it is blown away by the car. I originally was looking at a tesla for my first EV but after seeing all the build quality issues, reading the horror stories about tesla customer service and not having the driver instrument screen I went with the Mach E and still glad I did.

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag

George Knighton

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE
Occupation
Retired. I'd say it was a mid life crisis, but not many people live to 140.
Country flag
Munro & Assoc are usually looking like Tesla shills because they are trying to find the cheapest way to manufacture, and that is what Tesla wants.

Sandy also has a large vested interest in Tesla success.

Overall he likes the Mach-E, which is something that got lost in the process because he called the HVAC a nightmare.

Look at their last video about Blue Cruise in a GT PE.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'd agree that both EPA range and EV buyer knowledge are both severely lacking on the whole.

Regarding EPA range, it's a leftover from ICE methodology that was never properly updated for EVs. EVs need an entirely new methodology. And frankly, the EPA isn't even the right agency to do it. Most mainstream buyers don't give a damn about the environmental aspects, they care about the practical aspects for their usage. More logically it would be a consumer function in Commerce.

Regarding buyer knowledge, that will come with time. We're still in the early adopter stage. EVs require more homework because most people didn't grow up with them and learn the ropes while coming of age like they did with their parents' ICE cars.
We found driving habits do play a large part in range as does cold weather. My wifes Y at 65 mph in summer runs a consistent 266wh/mi or 3.7 to 3.8 kwh. AWD long range Y. Lowest was 255 at 70. Ac on fan on 3 temps in the 80s. 18 miles of our trip is under 50mph balance of 60 miles highway.
90% charge gets us 292 to 302 miles. We have 20 rims so EPA drops to 318.

Raj

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Landcruiser, Lexus RX, Accord
Occupation
Pharmaceutical research
Country flag
This was a long thread, mostly comparing Model Y and MME. I too tested MY, MME and EV6. EV6 was my first choice, followed by MME and Tesla as worst case option.

Only reason for keeping MME as second option was that it tried to copy Tesla instead of designing its own like EV6.
EV6 has heads up display, heated seats even at rear and vented seats as well. Has cam view when indicating left or right. At 52K it felt value for money but I am thinking to go for MME due to 379 mile range and lower monthly outgoings on finance. Hope it won’t be a bad decision missing out all extra features on EV6

Raj

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Landcruiser, Lexus RX, Accord
Occupation
Pharmaceutical research
Country flag
Some irrelevant things I noticed were how media pushed everyone into this 0-60 thing and how they talk about EVs being quiet.
I drove EV6, MME and Model Y normally as I drive my current cars and there was no need for me to drive faster. I never felt I needed more acceleration or speed even with my current cars.
I felt Lexus RX and LandCruiser with their V6 and V8 engines were quieter than Model Y, EV6 or MME at 60-70mph speeds. EVs were only quieter at low speeds and traffic where I hear engine noise on my other cars at low gears.
Sponsored