Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
That is a lot of "Watch the Road" warnings. I am now concerned that I won't like it.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
The more I see this the more I realize I don't want it. I really want true self-driving. Taking my eyes off to look around for a few seconds triggers the safety system. I might as well be driving. Unless I'm missing something. I'm not even asking for turn-by-turn navigation from point A to point B. If I'm just going straight on a highway/freeway, the system should be able to drive without my constant attention. If it can't do that, I might as well be in full control.

Am I wrong here with this thinking?
Yes, you are wrong with your thinking. In stop and go traffic it is heaven. On long monotonous roads its great. You can look around for 5 seconds or so without anything happening. Then glance back .

Jim Guthry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Yes, you are wrong with your thinking. In stop and go traffic it is heaven. On long monotonous roads its great. You can look around for 5 seconds or so without anything happening. Then glance back .
This is the way I've come to experience it. I don't use it often in day-to-day errands. But in highway stop-and-go traffic, it is incredible to decouple from that misery and become a passenger. In long stretches of empty highway, it reduces the intense, subconscious focus you may not realize you're maintaining to keep control of the metal cage hurling you down the road.

It is not and will never be full-self driving in the next 10 years. This is an assist, just like power steering, automatic windows, and all the other conveniences we've grown used to

RedFive17

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
6 owned Mustangs. '22 MME, '15, '11, '05, '03, '66
Occupation
IT Geek
Country flag
Am I the only one who spent the first half of the video totally distracted by trying to figure out which year the classic mustang was behind him? :) Nice 66 coupe! Great Vid OP, can't wait to get my '22 in a couple weeks.

OP
OP
Benjamin Kegele

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
The funny thing was I was so focused on making the video I did not realized it till I watched the video. Nice classic ride

walla2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Prem ER AWD, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
This is the way I've come to experience it. I don't use it often in day-to-day errands. But in highway stop-and-go traffic, it is incredible to decouple from that misery and become a passenger. In long stretches of empty highway, it reduces the intense, subconscious focus you may not realize you're maintaining to keep control of the metal cage hurling you down the road.
I routinely make a 3 hour one way drive, on very boring roads, often with a return in the same day.

Of those, 2 hours are covered by BlueCruise. I canā€™t even begin to express how much less tired I am upon arrival after letting BlueCruise do itā€™s thing.

Itā€™s absolutely transformed my willingness to make that drive. (And reduced the caffeine necessary to get there šŸ˜‚)

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
While in blue cruise with a destination set in navigation will the upcoming turns still show on on the driver display?

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
Just received the following email. I guess the BC update is near

CONNECTED SERVICES NOTIFICATION
GET READY FOR A YEAR OF COMPLIMENTARY BLUECRUISE
Hello
Great news ā€“ Ford is excited to bring BlueCruise handsā€‘free highway driving* to customers who purchased a 2021 Fā€‘150 or Mustang Machā€‘E model before the software was available. As an appreciation for your patience, Ford is offering you one year of complimentary** BlueCruise service so you can experience the groundbreaking technology. Your vehicle may have started receiving the first of multiple BlueCruise handsā€‘free driver assist software updates overā€‘theā€‘air if still set up to receive them. If you donā€™t want to wait, schedule time with a Ford certified technician for installation at your local dealership. The service usually takes 2ā€‘8 hours. If you want to update yourself, your vehicleā€™s modem must be activated in the FordPass App and software up to date to enjoy this groundbreaking technology.

Jim Guthry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
My prior post in this thread notwithstanding, no fucking way I'd pay a subscription fee for Blue Cruise, aka "hands inches from the wheel vs directly on them for when it randomly turns off around turns" mode.

And if they try to take away lane centering + cruise control if you don't pay a subscription fee, they're gonna have some pretty intense backlash.
Sponsored