jccoleman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW X5, & 2021 Mach-E X4 aka: Trigger
Country flag
Two days into my new Mach-E and I'm continually blown away at just how amazing and marvelous she is. Ford really has pulled out all the stops to make this little rocket ship. Yesterday I noticed something new, what we used to call the speedometer.
I'm a private pilot and when flying an aircraft we use IAS, Indicated Air Speed. The Mach-E shows the speed as "Ground Speed". I love it!
Ford Mustang Mach-E One more cool Mach-E thing - "Ground Speed" Ground Speed
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
it is indeed cool. some people find it cheesy. those people are wrong. ?

this is a carryover from the ICE Mustang, which has had this on the speedometer for a long time now. ?

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
it is indeed cool. some people find it cheesy. those people are wrong. ?

this is a carryover from the ICE Mustang, which has had this on the speedometer for a long time now. ?
Thanks. I thought the flying car might be in their next line up

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Two days into my new Mach-E and I'm continually blown away at just how amazing and marvelous she is. Ford really has pulled out all the stops to make this little rocket ship. Yesterday I noticed something new, what we used to call the speedometer.
I'm a private pilot and when flying an aircraft we use IAS, Indicated Air Speed. The Mach-E shows the speed as "Ground Speed". I love it!
Ground Speed.jpg
Love the Ground Speed.

My biggest peeve with the small drivers cluster is this situation right here. When you turn on only the lane keeping (not lane centering) the icon is huge and front and center which pushes the speedo over to the right. Like the lane keeping is the most important thing? No, it's not. I would love to see the speedo and lane keeping icon switch places. I understand and love it being front and center when in lane centering mode, but lane keeping, no.

Last edited:

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
There was some debate on here a while back about what this icon is. It's the lane keeping active or disabled icon. Gray is not actively keeping the lane or can't see the lane marking, green is on and can see the lanes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E One more cool Mach-E thing - "Ground Speed" 1612539391136

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Love the Ground Speed.

My biggest peeve with the small drivers cluster is this situation right here. When you turn on only the lane keeping (not lane centering) the icon is huge and front and center which pushes the spedo over to the right. Like the lane keeping is the most important thing? No, it's not. I would love to see the spedo and lane keeping icon switch places. I understand and love it being front and center when in lane centering mode, but lane keeping, no.
yeah I already know that the dash layout is not going to make me happy day one but I'm coming from this

Ford Mustang Mach-E One more cool Mach-E thing - "Ground Speed" 1612539452472

and before that this

Ford Mustang Mach-E One more cool Mach-E thing - "Ground Speed" 1612539417358

so they are kind of having to live up to over 10 years of "wow look at that clean yet sophisticated and awesome and customizable".

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My biggest peeve with the small drivers cluster is this situation right here. When you turn on only the lane keeping (not lane centering) the icon is huge and front and center which pushes the spedo over to the right. Like the lane keeping is the most important thing? No, it's not. I would love to see the spedo and lane keeping icon switch places. I understand and love it being front and center when in lane centering mode, but lane keeping, no.
Yeah, that sounds super annoying. I hope they add a setting to always keep the speedometer in the middle.

FirstBEV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus, ordered Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I think the Mustang was named after the P-51 Mustang airplane and I think that’s where ground speed comes from.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_P-51_Mustang

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
As others mentioned, it's a throwback to the original Mustang which had "Ground Speed" in the indicator. And yep! Also named after the P-51 Mustang. Which, in turn, was named after the horse.

I think the Mustang logo should be a WWII fighter plane, which in turn has a horse on ITS wing ?

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
yeah I already know that the dash layout is not going to make me happy day one but I'm coming from this

and before that this

so they are kind of having to live up to over 10 years of "wow look at that clean yet sophisticated and awesome and customizable".
Hey - at least your dash is in color!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Love the Ground Speed.

My biggest peeve with the small drivers cluster is this situation right here. When you turn on only the lane keeping (not lane centering) the icon is huge and front and center which pushes the speedo over to the right. Like the lane keeping is the most important thing? No, it's not. I would love to see the speedo and lane keeping icon switch places. I understand and love it being front and center when in lane centering mode, but lane keeping, no.
Sigh. "First of the owners" problems. :)

What is the dash look like w/o Lane keeping on?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hey - at least your dash is in color!
"no color" is the in thing right now. not kidding. even Sync 3 is arguably very monochromatic.