Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That’s odd . . . I know these rates will probably change, but financing mine says 1.9, and Ford Options says .9. Also shows $2,500 cash back! Rates are probably regional.
Were you one of the folks who received a pre-approval? That may be the difference. I'd think about 1.9%.
Sponsored

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
And nice job Ford - open orders on weekend and customer service numbers are 8-5 M-F. Apparently they haven't figured out online is 24/7. I'll give my local dealer a chance to straighten this out next week, but hardly the way you want to start the ordering process. Ford should have just told people to go to the dealer to order.
True, but they are giving people a full month, even for FE orders, to convert to an order -- you don't have to do it today.
I give kudos to Ford for this level of transparency, particularly as they have to navigate around the traditional dealership model.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
What's interesting is the main Ford site: navigate to Mustang Mach E and you can now place an order for all models except FE (sold out) and GT (reservations only)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
So if I reserved a FE, how to I change the color? Through the dealer? Hotline is closed on the weekend. Would love to place order but not sure. Trying the dealer.

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
PMDGator

When you get to your order page scroll all the way to the bottom. There is an option for change configuration I think that is what it is called.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
ADM and bumped up deposits definitely the order of the day. Mine was $4000 ADM and $1000 deposit. I changed States so have to change dealers anyway. Nice job Ford - you had 6 months to get order site ready and telling people they can change dealers - true, but not on line for order only to pick "my dealer" which is useless if order still goes to the original reservation dealer. And nice job Ford - open orders on weekend and customer service numbers are 8-5 M-F. Apparently they haven't figured out online is 24/7. I'll give my local dealer a chance to straighten this out next week, but hardly the way you want to start the ordering process. Ford should have just told people to go to the dealer to order.
Well technically orders go live on Monday so it is M - F

Just be happy order is in like everyone else. Honestly I think it sucks that dealers might be asking more for deposit. However that just goes toward price of car so more of a down payment that you put on credit card and have 6 mos to pay off before picking car up so it’s all good to me. Remember Tesla’s were 2500 at first and still wanted a 10% down payment on pick up which is why I could never get a Tesla can’t afford down payments. Also I do not think legally they can keep your money if you cancel or deny delivery but could be wrong

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
PMDGator

When you get to your order page scroll all the way to the bottom. There is an option for change configuration I think that is what it is called.
I have an option to cancel altogether, but nothing to change, which I understood I could do? I've gone up and down the page and don't see anything like that at all?

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
Mine says "make changes to vehicle" just above the cancel button. Mine is a premium though.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have an option to cancel altogether, but nothing to change, which I understood I could do? I've gone up and down the page and don't see anything like that at all?
First Edition orders don't have a change button. You can't even add floor mats to the order. You'll have to call the help line Monday to change your paint color.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The other interesting item is there is no place to note or apply X-plan at this time.

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The other interesting item is there is no place to note or apply X-plan at this time.
I cannot remember where, but somewhere it does say that plan pricing A/X/Z is added later with the dealer.
Sponsored