OTA 1.7.1 Stuck, anyone else have issue updating?

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
I haven’t received a successful OTA since buying the car in August. After yesterday’s outage, I now see this bug fix update as successful in FordPass. So something seems to be clicking now

F8E8F387-5364-4C11-8D3C-59A54FD44BF6.jpeg
I wish this was the case for me! No luck here. Still stuck in the middle of 1.7.1. While it was attempting to install it for the past three weeks I got two instances where it allowed me to toggle the auto update on, but now it’s not letting me set it at all.

Took the car to the dealer to get PAAK update and 21P22, now I’m having that annoying issue the driver door doesn’t unlock on approach. I have to unlock the back door first.

christooma

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wish this was the case for me! No luck here. Still stuck in the middle of 1.7.1. While it was attempting to install it for the past three weeks I got two instances where it allowed me to toggle the auto update on, but now it’s not letting me set it at all.

Took the car to the dealer to get PAAK update and 21P22, now I’m having that annoying issue the driver door doesn’t unlock on approach. I have to unlock the back door first.
the big fix I mentioned doesn’t seem to be 1.7.1. It doesn’t actually have a version number - just a generic bug fix. Now that my OTA status isn’t “expired”, maybe the car will attempt 1.7.1 soon?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just a heads up. I've heard there is a fix for the 1.7.1 stuck issue, and a new OTA is expected to be pushed sometime soon to the vehicles that have had the issue.

I don't have any more details than that currently.
Regarding being stuck on 1.7.1, you will need to take it to the dealer. But not yet as the fix hasn't been rolled out to them yet. If they don't contact you when it is available, I can guarantee you that someone will post about it on the forum
I got 2.1.0 yesterday with a failed 1.7.1. Guess we can just breeze by 1.7.1? Or go back at some stage if we bring it to the dealers?

Does 1.7.1 need to be installed to ensure future OTA? I have notes but said it failed; at what stage who knows but thinking close to the end. Just install 1.8 over it and be done or is this hardware. Is the dealer visit required I guess is the question for future OTA's not to fail?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I got 2.1.0 yesterday with a failed 1.7.1. Guess we can just breeze by 1.7.1? Or go back at some stage if we bring it to the dealers?

Does 1.7.1 need to be installed to ensure future OTA? I have notes but said it failed; at what stage who knows but thinking close to the end. Just install 1.8 over it and be done or is this hardware. Is the dealer visit required I guess is the question for future OTA's not to fail?
If you have notes, you got 1.7.1.

There were some vehicles that got all of 1.7.1 except for a bad config file. Those were the cars that had the screen go very dark after the update randomly. That was due to the bad config file.

I do not know for sure, but my guess was this unlabeled update may be just that config file fix. I know there was a fix for it coming at some point but that was all I knew.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you have notes, you got 1.7.1.

There were some vehicles that got all of 1.7.1 except for a bad config file. Those were the cars that had the screen go very dark after the update randomly. That was due to the bad config file.

I do not know for sure, but my guess was this unlabeled update may be just that config file fix. I know there was a fix for it coming at some point but that was all I knew.
Not dark here and not common to what others have noted. It was powered on, in park and I was listening to carpay foobar and the thing shut down no warning. It maybe was a post install reboot and I did not let it do it itself? I slapped it back on in a hurry not aware it was in the middle of a install. I know I am tough on AI and never gave it a chance to reboot itself ?‍♂? The screen came back on 2/3 rez and then resized to full screen with a failed pop up. Have not checked to see if I have apple map directions but I can finger painting. I can skip this one if it does not impose problems in the future.

Wonder if anyone knows if this update is required for future success. Really not interested in "another" dealer visit as I think I am starting to over stay my welcome. ;) Last time they informed me Ford told them not to mess with all the files left in there from the fail. I get that but thought it may be fixed OTA.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not dark here and not common to what others have noted. It was powered on, in park and I was listening to carpay foobar and the thing shut down no warning. It maybe was a post install reboot and I did not let it do it itself? I slapped it back on in a hurry not aware it was in the middle of a install. I know I am tough on AI and never gave it a chance to reboot itself ?‍♂? The screen came back on 2/3 rez and then resized to full screen with a failed pop up. Have not checked to see if I have apple map directions but I can finger painting. I can skip this one if it does not impose problems in the future.

Wonder if anyone knows if this update is required for future success. Really not interested in "another" dealer visit as I think I am starting to over stay my welcome. ;) Last time they informed me Ford told them not to mess with all the files left in there from the fail. I get that but thought it may be fixed OTA.
Does your option for automatic updates still let you turn it off and on?

If that's still working, You're probably good to go.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does your option for automatic updates still let you turn it off and on?

If that's still working, You're probably good to go.
Yes still on and it never reset. That is how 2.1.0 came thru. We can just wait for the next "sync" update as I understand that is all it was? Need it to come within another 2 years to be sure but that is it. As long as it sits nice and goes I am good. Loving this departure set up I watch my range grow just sitting there not charging.

Really not too worried about an apple map failure but maybe should test it. I never get lost and always know where it am going ?️‍♂?️‍♀?.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Can I get in on that too?

What exactly is the apim?
APIM is the Sync4 module. As for what APIM stands for honestly I didn't know what the abbreviation was so I looked it up... Accessory Protocol Interface Module. ?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yes still on and it never reset. That is how 2.1.0 came thru. We can just wait for the next "sync" update as I understand that is all it was? Need it to come within another 2 years to be sure but that is it. As long as it sits nice and goes I am good. Loving this departure set up I watch my range grow just sitting there not charging.

Really not too worried about an apple map failure but maybe should test it. I never get lost and always know where it am going ?️‍♂?️‍♀?.
The next sync update might be coming soon. I don't know any specific timeframe, but, I heard it got approved this week along with some other things. Hoping this is a sign that more meaningful OTA's are going to start coming though.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

theganyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I love hearing about the coming stuff… I only wish my ME could update at all. ?

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
the big fix I mentioned doesn’t seem to be 1.7.1. It doesn’t actually have a version number - just a generic bug fix. Now that my OTA status isn’t “expired”, maybe the car will attempt 1.7.1 soon?
How long did it take for yours to change from expired? Mine expired last week and its been the same since. No changes since the 30th.
Sponsored