OTA v.2.8.3 ... ???

• Thread starter Deleted member 3569
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Deleted member 3569

After getting the BlueCruise through v.2.8.2 I immediately got another update v.2.8.3 .... Can anyone enlighten me what enhancements this OTA will bring? Any meaningful stuff ??? ... I still don't see any "Frunk" button functionality. It appears that center lane is smoother now for BlueCruise, as well as acceleration but full stop is darn right scary. My 12v Battery Fault - Service Soon warnings seemed to vanish away after the dealer did a BSC resett (whatever it means). I was never notified as to BlueCruise road maps been uploaded, so far very happy to find out that all of the interstate and (most of ???) the restricted access highways here in Florida are set up for BlueCruise. The BlueCruise notification is useful and it promplty pops up whenever I enter any road geared up for BlueCruise here in FL.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
2.8.3 is a Sync update. It adds in the menu options to enable or disable hands free driving. No other end user changes.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
After getting the BlueCruise through v.2.8.2 I immediately got another update v.2.8.3 .... Can anyone enlighten me what enhancements this OTA will bring? Any meaningful stuff ??? ... I still don't see any "Frunk" button functionality. It appears that center lane is smoother now for BlueCruise, as well as acceleration but full stop is darn right scary. My 12v Battery Fault - Service Soon warnings seemed to vanish away after the dealer did a BSC resett (whatever it means). I was never notified as to BlueCruise road maps been uploaded, so far very happy to find out that all of the interstate and (most of ???) the restricted access highways here in Florida are set up for BlueCruise. The BlueCruise notification is useful and it promplty pops up whenever I enter any road geared up for BlueCruise here in FL.
Can you explain how full stop is downright scary?

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

2.8.3 is a Sync update. It adds in the menu options to enable or disable hands free driving. No other end user changes.
Thnx ... it makes sense because under Intelligent Cruise there is a button to toggle ON/OFF the BlueCruise ready notification. I didn't even have to turn on.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

Can you explain how full stop is downright scary?
Following a car w/BlueCruise activated center lane, and that car slow down abruptly and came to full stop rather fast... I saw red pop ups on dashboard and ended jamming on the brake pedal full force ... never will let that happen again, need to pay even more attention w/BlueCruise on.

Slowing down was not the issue but I guess I have mot encountered a situation where the car ahead of me fully stopped while BlueCruise was activated.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Following a car w/BlueCruise activated center lane, and that car slow down abruptly and came to full stop rather fast... I saw red pop ups on dashboard and ended jamming on the brake pedal full force ... never will let that happen again, need to pay even more attention w/BlueCruise on.

Slowing down was not the issue but I guess I have mot encountered a situation where the car ahead of me fully stopped while BlueCruise was activated.
Ahh ok, same way with just regular adaptive cruise control, but i set following distance pretty far, and haven’t had it happen since. Always pay attention to the road.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

Ahh ok, same way with just regular adaptive cruise control, but i set following distance pretty far, and haven’t had it happen since. Always pay attention to the road.
I hate to say this but on my 2017 Mercedes GLA SUV250 their Distronic (Adaptive) Cruise was way smoother ... at any speed ...and and any set following distance. It seems that system it gradually down in steps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hate to say this but on my 2017 Mercedes GLA SUV250 their Adaptive Cruise was way smoother ... at any speed ...and and any set following distance. It seems that system it gradually down in steps.
This is first one I’ve had that stops at slower speeds. My 2019 odyssey was good but it turned off when it got under 35.

itsthenewdc

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Line Producer
Country flag
Having used BlueCruise for a few weeks now, I do hate that it follows the car in front of it at a distance big enough to allow cars to easily merge in, and when they do merge in the car does have a pretty forceful brake. It really should either follow cars more closely or have a much smoother brake, because I'm pretty sure all these brakes are considered hard brakes with my insurance company :(

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Having used BlueCruise for a few weeks now, I do hate that it follows the car in front of it at a distance big enough to allow cars to easily merge in, and when they do merge in the car does have a pretty forceful brake. It really should either follow cars more closely or have a much smoother brake, because I'm pretty sure all these brakes are considered hard brakes with my insurance company :(
You can decrease that distance with the button on the steering wheel

itsthenewdc

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Line Producer
Country flag
You can decrease that distance with the button on the steering wheel
That still works in BC mode? I didn't see the multi-bar icon during it, so just assumed BC followed its own distance guidelines.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

Yes, even with the adaptive cruise control I tend to brake before the car does.
It could be because of One-Pedal driving mode? I wanted to try out with Intelligent Cruise and One-Pedal engaged but never had a chance ... and after my traumatic experience w/BlueCruise abrupt breaking I really don't dare to try it unless it happens un-staged (I hope not !!!) ...