Shihear

First Name
Shihear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350
Country flag
How did I just see this?? These are awesome I'd be very happy if the Mach E looks like this!

About the pony badge, Ford's own site for this EV has the Mustang logo so i'm not sure why some are so confused why it might be on the actual vehicle.

https://www.ford.com/powertrains/battery-electric-vehicles/
Something tells me Ford is basically market testing the idea of not just putting the pony on there but eventually merging it into the Mustang lineup or phasing out the coupe altogether many years from now. I just don't understand why they would create the confusion of having the pony badge on the vehicle but have a different name?

National

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi to you all, seems most are from USA, I'm Cheshire England, I understand will here more 17th Nov. I drive an ipace best suv or car I've ever had, I've had many. Regards

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Something tells me Ford is basically market testing the idea of not just putting the pony on there but eventually merging it into the Mustang lineup or phasing out the coupe altogether many years from now. I just don't understand why they would create the confusion of having the pony badge on the vehicle but have a different name?
Ford just might made Mustang it's own division when GM's ceo was ask if GM was going to make a suv Corvette she side stepped the question saying "Corvette brand is very strong"

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I hope the pony isn't on the car. The Tesla market has been the BMW 3 series demographic and of course other EV zealots, but not muscle car fans.

It's ok to have some inspiration from the Mustang but rumor has it that over all it resembles the Audi eTron or the Jaguar I-Pace.

I object people calling the Model X and the soon to be released Model Y an SUV. They are actually large sedans. Elon got that started, they should be called CUV at the most.

Seventeen more days until we find out.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I'll throw my hat in the ring with a photo-based retouch. The upcoming Mondeo's body shape looks a lot like the CAD shape. I was fooling around at work and worked this one up.

Stang SUV.jpg
Nice work! Looked up the Mondeo which looks to be based on a Fusion style...not a stretch to give it "Mustang inspired" queues.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
How do you know this? Especially when one of the only official photos from Ford looks like this:

3480529D-CDA2-47F8-A10E-E4CE6A362576.jpeg

I thought you were talking about the actual Mach E, not just your preference?
That^ is called a stylized drawing. (Subsequently, the CAD drawing are real sheetmetal renders.)

Have you even been to an autoshow and seen a prototype..? A stylized drawing is just a prototype, or mock-up of what the presence will look & feel like. (Artistic render).

Golfer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
That^ is called a stylized drawing. (btw, the CAD drawing are real Sheetmetal renders.)

Have you even been to an autoshow and seen a prototype..? A stylized drawing is just a prototype, or mock-up of what the presence will look & feel like. (Artistic render).
That's assuming the purported CAD drawings are the real thing though. Not saying it was or wasn't, but it was posted on social media by a random site after all without any authentication.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
I'll throw my hat in the ring with a photo-based retouch. The upcoming Mondeo's body shape looks a lot like the CAD shape. I was fooling around at work and worked this one up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our Mach E Digital Preview! Stang SUV
Nice work, though I don't think this is a SUV, but a 4-door hatchback... and it will sit a lot lower to the ground.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
That's assuming the purported CAD drawings are the real thing though. Not saying it was or wasn't, but it was posted on social media by a random site after all without any authentication.

The software suite is legit... and who would spend so much time (100's of hours) to design a fake CAD mock-up...?

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Our Mach E Digital Preview! Stang SUV
Ah it's chazcron. I remember your revealing 3D renderings of the S550 Mustang on M6G from years ago :) Thanks for sharing your take on the Mach E.

Nice work, though I don't think this is a SUV, but a 4-door hatchback... and it will sit a lot lower to the ground.
Yea this looks more like a station wagon to me. Really hoping it turns out like this site's preview renderings when it's revealed.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
I am all but certain this is going to be a sports-wagon type car. It can't sit but maybe 5" higher than a Mustang, given it's profile. In the clay video you can see how sleek it is, so it won't be an offroad SUV, but an older wagon shooting-brake style of 4-door w/hatch. (ie: sporting brake design).

We'll know in 16 days...

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag