jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
I've got a good one that started a couple days ago. When I get in my car (parked in semi-shade but still almost 100 degrees out) the outside temp shows 62 degrees. And of course, the Air Conditioning won't cool because of it. I have to drive a good 1-2 miles before it begins to go up rapidly to the real outside temp but the AC is still confused. Anyone else? Tried resetting SYNC but no-go. Hate having to bring the car to the dealer as it's brand new. Joke is we were just saying how cold the AC blows in this car.
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
My AC gets confused a lot too but I'm not sure if its related to the outside air temp.

Mine will sometimes work normally other times it will (especially after remote starting) just act like the car doesn't need to be cooled off and barely runs the fan. I have to hit max AC manually for it to kick up.

I've also noticed Max AC doesn't run the fan at full blast. The HVAC does such weird things in this car it is kind of annoying. My truck works fine.

KadeBR

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 RR Explorer ST, 2021 RR GTPE
Occupation
CDL Hazmat
Country flag
I usually just have it use last settings, it's annoying when auto/remote start turns on my heated seats and stearing wheel when it's 59° in the morning.

OP
OP
jmatero

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
This is related to the ambient temp staying at the temp when the car was last used in the morning (62) and not reporting the actual ambient temp later in the day (100) when the car is turned on. Takes being out for a while before the car shows the actual ambient temp so even max ac doesn't work. Looks like others are seeing this and I just found a thread here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/outside-air-temperature-discrepancy.6882/page-4

Eden

First Name
Eden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
My AC gets confused a lot too but I'm not sure if its related to the outside air temp.

Mine will sometimes work normally other times it will (especially after remote starting) just act like the car doesn't need to be cooled off and barely runs the fan. I have to hit max AC manually for it to kick up.

I've also noticed Max AC doesn't run the fan at full blast. The HVAC does such weird things in this car it is kind of annoying. My truck works fine.
HVAC is terrible! It makes no sense
Sponsored