Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I haven't found anything in the forum that matches this particular behavior, perhaps because it ought to go in the Embarrassing Discoveries thread...

3 times now over the past couple of weeks I walk up to the car and it unlocks just fine. Surprising, I know. But then I get in and hit the start button, and it tells me no key detected. Usually takes it a couple times telling me that before the password entry prompt shows up. Once, I got the password in, hit enter, and it shut off. Then when I hit the start button again it set off the alarm.

A little odd that it sees the PaaK to unlock the car, but doesn't recognize it as a key to star the car. Anyone else getting this? I think it happened before the 3.1.1 OTA recently, but not certain. I haven't gotten the heebyjeeby update yet.
Sponsored

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
i've had this happen to me before, the one way i could make it work for sure each time is if i leave the phone screen on with the ford app open

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I haven't found anything in the forum that matches this particular behavior, perhaps because it ought to go in the Embarrassing Discoveries thread...

3 times now over the past couple of weeks I walk up to the car and it unlocks just fine. Surprising, I know. But then I get in and hit the start button, and it tells me no key detected. Usually takes it a couple times telling me that before the password entry prompt shows up. Once, I got the password in, hit enter, and it shut off. Then when I hit the start button again it set off the alarm.

A little odd that it sees the PaaK to unlock the car, but doesn't recognize it as a key to star the car. Anyone else getting this? I think it happened before the 3.1.1 OTA recently, but not certain. I haven't gotten the heebyjeeby update yet.
Hello, Alex! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this PAAK concern. Thanks!

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Silver
Country flag
Ive had the same issue. A Ford social media contact on this site contacted me just like above. I was excited that I'd get some easy fixes to do on my own. Instead I was told to take it to the dealer. Not quite the advice i was seeking.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Ive had the same issue. A Ford social media contact on this site contacted me just like above. I was excited that I'd get some easy fixes to do on my own. Instead I was told to take it to the dealer. Not quite the advice i was seeking.
Yeah the dealer will do literally zero to fix this since itā€™s mostly an issue with Bluetooth and the phone. A restart of the FP app usually fixes. Donā€™t even bother putting in the password. Once the app connects again the password screen will go away and you can start like normal

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitterā€¦and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
Have had PAAK for about a week. Love it. Get No Key Detected as I am pulling away from my garage. Clearly I am driving soā€¦

The message clears for me after a moment or two.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
If your car has an outstanding RFA module update, see if the dealer will update it based on your complaints.

Since updating my RFA module my PAAK issues have disappeared. 99% of the time the door opens on the first push. The other 1% it opens on the second push.

Does not matter if the car is awake or has gone to deep sleep. The door opens.

I used to receive the no key detected message while driving at least once a week. Never since the update.

At least once a week I was forced to use the door code to enter the car. Never since the update.

At least once a week I was given the restart now if desired, no key detected message when I turned off the car. Never since the update.

Including the RFA update in an OTA update should be a high priority for Ford. The customer experience is greatly improved with the update that is available in FDRS.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I can reliably access and start the car with PAAK. But very often it does not recognize my profile and won't adjust the seat or software settings. Yes, it only requires pushing the seat button, but it's still a maddening software problem that shouldn't exist at this point.

jznd400

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT Grabber Blue
Country flag

This happens to me too...except it's every damn time. My wife refuses to use PAAK for this reason, I stubbornly keep trying. 50% of the time, I find that waiting 5-10 seconds does the trick so I take my time putting on the seat belt, telling the kids to do the same, then trying to start the car. The other half of the time I have to unlock my phone, start the Ford app, and then wait a few seconds. Still on 2.8.3 OTA. Have updated the Ford app.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If your car has an outstanding RFA module update, see if the dealer will update it based on your complaints.

Since updating my RFA module my PAAK issues have disappeared. 99% of the time the door opens on the first push. The other 1% it opens on the second push.

Does not matter if the car is awake or has gone to deep sleep. The door opens.

I used to receive the no key detected message while driving at least once a week. Never since the update.

At least once a week I was forced to use the door code to enter the car. Never since the update.

At least once a week I was given the restart now if desired, no key detected message when I turned off the car. Never since the update.

Including the RFA update in an OTA update should be a high priority for Ford. The customer experience is greatly improved with the update that is available in FDRS.
Iā€™m exact the opposite. Since that update Iā€™ve gone from virtually 100% PAAK reliability to less than 50%. Doors always opened on the first push before. Now itā€™s 3 or more. No key detected went from never to a daily occurrence. Restart now? Never to several times a week. Fordā€™s software updates are not a panacea.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
PAAK worked somehow, but since latest update itā€™s most of the time doesnā€™t work. Sadly itā€™s not working when Iā€™m with groceries on parking lot or if I show the neighbors how cool is the car, or when I drop kids at school and car makes terrible honks and no key message pop ups, or when I want urgent to turn on AC and car doesnā€™t starts. I tried different solutions but no success. Since last December when I picked up my first MME I never had key with me. I believed in PAAK and was fanatic about this feature even with all this issues. My wife laughing and joked on me one day Iā€™ll stuck somewhere and sheā€™ll not have possibilities to bring the fob. Today I give up and first time I took the fob with me. I donā€™t trust PAAK anymore.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I think an RFA OTA was planned for this year, but not sure if that's still in the works or not. Might have been delayed because of the recall OTAs.

ohmslaw

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Toyota Rav-4, Mach-e (on order)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yeah; itā€™s that what I found out. Useless help/account.

ohmslaw

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Toyota Rav-4, Mach-e (on order)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Also, I have this happen all the time. Usually find if I put my phone on the charging pad it starts right up.
Sponsored