PaaK stalled me in school car line and locked dial from Drive mode

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I do wish the password option would come up sooner.
And it should not require PAAK. I should be able to setup a password regardless of using PAAK. I just put mine back in by using the "old phone" suggestion, and then turning that phone off.
Sponsored

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have avoided all of this nonsense by buying a second fob at an inflated price.
I used the 22,000 points that came with the car to pay for about 1/3 of the cost of the fob.
Did you know that a "point" is worth $0.005 or 1/2 of 1 cent.

Android will put Fordpass to sleep unless you specifically configure it not to.
With Fordpass always running it puts a large load on the phone's battery.
Either way it is an unnecessary problem.

Ford dropped the ball big time with this "cost saving measure".

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
On a Samsung phone, make sure that the FordPass app is always allowed to run in the background. Most Samsung phones have a very aggressive battery saving mode that will prevent the FordPass app and PAAK from functioning while in the background.
I've done this on 2 different Samsung phones and it hasn't helped with my periodic issues. It's like you have to treat the app like Waze or Maps and have the app open on the screen the whole time, otherwise good luck. Needless to say I'm a fob person...lol.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I often have this problem. Yesterday I had one of the worst PaaK days in three months. Ford customer service continues to deny the problem exists. I was even told its a software issue that is not under warranty. I opened another customer service case to address but I continue to get know where with Ford.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Not sure why your phone wasn’t detected, but stuck in park with no key detected makes sense. Wouldn’t that be the same with key fobs as well? No key, no moving the car? Otherwise if you stepped out of the car while it was still on, anyone could jump in and take off.

Where in your Mach E was your phone when this happened?
If this is by design, I think it should be changed. Once you’ve turned the vehicle on, it should stop searching for a PaaK connection. Park isn’t the same as off, and the vehicle shouldn’t require you to reauthenticate to shift out of park if like OP you shift into park at some point in your drive.

For people that want to run out of their car to a market or whatever, the better solution is for them to turn their vehicle off (and frankly they’d be wise to lock it too in the world we live in).

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
If this is by design, I think it should be changed. Once you’ve turned the vehicle on, it should stop searching for a PaaK connection. Park isn’t the same as off, and the vehicle shouldn’t require you to reauthenticate to shift out of park if like OP you shift into park at some point in your drive.

For people that want to run out of their car to a market or whatever, the better solution is for them to turn their vehicle off (and frankly they’d be wise to lock it too in the world we live in).
I don’t know… I would rather it authenticate exactly at that moment, so it knows it’s actually me and not someone who jumped in and took off with the car.

It’s inconvenient when PAAK isnt working, and it needs to be addressed to avoid this in the future.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Just wondering rhetorically if all the people saying they have issues with PaaK have had the recall completed? Are people still having this many problems with the updated PaaK software?

I've had the PaaK recall update and I find PaaK to be very reliable.

I never, ever use the fob for daily driving. The only time I've used it is when taking the vehicle in for service.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I had the school Lane issue first day. Sorted some phone settings and been good ever since. Can't remember the settings but fob freedom is great.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
anyone wanna guess how many PAAK users are gonna get screwed when iOS updates to 15 in a month(Ish)?
You shut your mouth right now :eek:OMG I did not even think about that till you had to mention it lol iOS 15 is such a big change, its bound to totally jack PAAK :(

So on an interesting note. I drove the kids to school this morning and when I got home I put my car into park and then flipped my phone to Airplane mode. Verified the bluetooth and WiFi were off, and the car did not do anything. I was able to put it in reverse without issue, did not even get a No Key Detected message. I did not sit in there for an extended period, so maybe there is a timeout where if you reach X time without a key detected it locks the car into park. So like if you went into the store with your car running, no one could bust your window and drive away. When I turned off the car, it did give me the no key restart now message.

Also worth mentioning that my phone is in Low Power mode the majority of the day as I have an iPhone lol I have it set to go into low power mode at 40% and remain there till it charges to 80%. I'll pay closer attention to when I have PAAK issues, but I 100% know yesterday my phone was in low power cause I had forgotten to charge it and PAAK worked fine.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
This happened to me once. Put the car on park to let a passenger out. As soon as she closed the passenger door, while the car was still on, key not detected was displayed and I couldn't shift it out of park. Fumbled with it a bit until it prompted me to enter my start code.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I've had PAAK issues somewhat often (spouse has the fob.) I've been living with it, only really an issue when I'm running late and then of course is when it acts up. I think Ford really needs to do a "recall" and send out the second fob to us owners until they get it worked out, or at least for all of us until they get that OTA update sent out (or just send the fob since that doesn't seem to actually "fix" it.) Especially now that I see GT deliveries are coming with the second fob.