Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Forum,
I could use some assistance. Last week I noticed my PAAK stopped working, which I find annoying as on the weekends the FOB gets hung up. I'm very much a PAAK proponent ever since the original Software update. It's been 95% Flawless for me during the 1st year of MME ownership.

I was in the car again tonight, 3rd attempt, to set up PAAK. I get to the screen that says to "copy and paste" with the series of 6 numbers above. When I hit it, it fails to connect. So, I was looking into the phone settings app and when I looked at the Wifi options to connect to the Mustang Mach-E it is not on my phone's list!!!

So, I went into Settings tab of my MME and go to Connectivity and the Wifi tab had been shut off. So I turned it on; restarted the car and looked again at my phone. And still the Mustang Mach-E is not listed on my available Wifi networks on my phone. I recall it use to be there anytime I was in the car and connected automatically.

And yes I did shut the phone off and on as well as deleted the Ford Pass App and reinstalled it (don't you just hate when your IT dept at work asks those questions, even if you haven't done them yet :) )

Any ideas for me???
Sponsored

OP
OP
67 Stang Convertible

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Did you reset PaaK from the phone or the car? If you didn't reset from the car it could be holding onto the old PaaK settings.
How do you reset from the car? But would that explain why there is no MME on my phone's available wifi list?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
How do you reset from the car? But would that explain why there is no MME on my phone's available wifi list?
Settings - General - Reset. I believe. Also go into your phones Bluetooth settings and remove all the old PaaK Bluetooth connections before trying again.

PaaK is setup via Bluetooth, not WiFi. The WiFi connection is for Android auto or carplay and the hotspot.

Resetting PaaK in the car will remove your backup passcode and door code. You'll have to set them up anew.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Settings - General - Reset. I believe. Also go into your phones Bluetooth settings and remove all the old PaaK Bluetooth connections before trying again.

PaaK is setup via Bluetooth, not WiFi. The WiFi connection is for Android auto or carplay and the hotspot.

Resetting PaaK in the car will remove your backup passcode and door code. You'll have to set them up anew.
Yep, after Reset, I think it’s FordPass Connect Reset -> Phone as a Key Reset. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Forum,
I could use some assistance. Last week I noticed my PAAK stopped working, which I find annoying as on the weekends the FOB gets hung up. I'm very much a PAAK proponent ever since the original Software update. It's been 95% Flawless for me during the 1st year of MME ownership.

I was in the car again tonight, 3rd attempt, to set up PAAK. I get to the screen that says to "copy and paste" with the series of 6 numbers above. When I hit it, it fails to connect. So, I was looking into the phone settings app and when I looked at the Wifi options to connect to the Mustang Mach-E it is not on my phone's list!!!

So, I went into Settings tab of my MME and go to Connectivity and the Wifi tab had been shut off. So I turned it on; restarted the car and looked again at my phone. And still the Mustang Mach-E is not listed on my available Wifi networks on my phone. I recall it use to be there anytime I was in the car and connected automatically.

And yes I did shut the phone off and on as well as deleted the Ford Pass App and reinstalled it (don't you just hate when your IT dept at work asks those questions, even if you haven't done them yet :) )

Any ideas for me???
FWIW my wife’s PAAK dropped from her phone yesterday. I reset the PAAK in the iOS app… nothing. Reset her profile in the car…nothing. Ended up wiping her profile then power cycling the car and was then able to reset up a new profile. (New door codes, new start code) all good.

everything works again….Except the profile does not follow the PAAK user. ( yes it’s set up in the menu). This broke during theBC fiasco at the dealer. We just push the seat button to pick the profile once in the in the car.

any ideas?

weird. We have been using PAAK for over a year exclusively.

hayzl313

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Iconic Silver Mach-E
Country flag
I have always been lucky with PAAK but when I switched to a Pixel 6pro it stopped working and my husband was always hit or miss like most users.... After frustrating attempts to fix on my own I chatted with Ford through the app while they walked me through the steps sitting in the car to reset everything and it has worked 100% since then for both of us

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Make sure you have turned off CarPlay. If CarPlay is trying to connect it will monopolize the connection and not let PAAK make it’s connection for the set up. That’s what worked for me when I reset PAAK.

OP
OP
67 Stang Convertible

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag

Yes, sorry, I meant to say Bluetooth. Mixed up my verbiage. A kid of the 70's and 80's before we had this tech

OP
OP
67 Stang Convertible

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Make sure you have turned off CarPlay. If CarPlay is trying to connect it will monopolize the connection and not let PAAK make it’s connection for the set up. That’s what worked for me when I reset PAAK.
I noticed that and turned it off in my last attempt yesterday. No luck

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
There seems to have been a PaaK outage last night. I was away from home and needed to turn on lights from my phone. Phone which was previously configured displayed Setup PaaK. FordPass showed no configured phones when I got home. Would not let me configure it again either. Ellie sat in the garage all night. This morning both of my configured devices reappeared without further action.

Glad I am a FOB user or I would have spent the night at my brother in law’s house. I cannot remember the start code I set 17 months ago….

OP
OP
67 Stang Convertible

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
There seems to have been a PaaK outage last night. I was away from home and needed to turn on lights from my phone. Phone which was previously configured displayed Setup PaaK. FordPass showed no configured phones when I got home. Would not let me configure it again either. Ellie sat in the garage all night. This morning both of my configured devices reappeared without further action.

Glad I am a FOB user or I would have spent the night at my brother in law’s house. I cannot remember the start code I set 17 months ago….
Ford Mustang Mach-E PAAK Stopped Working.  HELP!!! 1658482028190

Maybe this guy got near the server
Sponsored