PAAK - turn off app battery optimization on android

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
I thought I had things set up properly by preventing the app from going to sleep, but I stumbled on this other setting that makes PAAK work properly again. Search for "optimize battery usage" in settings. In that menu switch to viewing all apps and make sure FordPass is turned off (i.e. not optimized). Now PAAK always works to unlock doors and I am even getting puddle lights and the kick gate working.
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Awesome, I made that adjustment and I'll see if improves response time for me.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I thought I had things set up properly by preventing the app from going to sleep, but I stumbled on this other setting that makes PAAK work properly again. Search for "optimize battery usage" in settings. In that menu switch to viewing all apps and make sure FordPass is turned off (i.e. not optimized). Now PAAK always works to unlock doors and I am even getting puddle lights and the kick gate working.
Thank you. My PAAK has been working but every now and again, it takes a few seconds to talk with the car. I did as you suggested. I will see if the blips stop.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Correct. Now watch and see how long the battery lasts on your phone.
Drains my phone pretty quick....

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yep, This makes it so much more reliable.

But, you will definitely notice battery drain on your phone. I sometimes have to charge twice during the day plus overnight now that I use PAAK.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
I haven't noticed any battery drain from the app on my phone and I've had optimization turned off for several days.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Yep, I do this to all apps I don't want android putting to sleep.
It does work for FordPass as well. I noticed a very slight additional battery drain as a result, but it's not super significant.

CaptainET

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Did this and it's better, but still takes longer than fob to recognize I want to unlock door, but once in vehicle it has completely stopped warning that car does not sense a key
Sponsored