Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Hi guys,

I got my Mach-E 6,5 weeks now, it was dropped off at the dealer a week before that.
A few hours after the drop off at the dealer i checked the car and noticed that the panoramic roof isn't 100% correct aligned. Rear right is a few milimeter lower then rear left.
The dealer created an issue/ticket with Ford NL, after 7,5 weeks and a few reminders... you guess ... 0 response / solutions.

Does anyone had this issue anywhere in the world where the dealer fixed this panoramic roof alignment issue?
Sponsored

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Hi guys,

I got my Mach-E 6,5 weeks now, it was dropped off at the dealer a week before that.
A few hours after the drop off at the dealer i checked the car and noticed that the panoramic roof isn't 100% correct aligned. Rear right is a few milimeter lower then rear left.
The dealer created an issue/ticket with Ford NL, after 7,5 weeks and a few reminders... you guess ... 0 response / solutions.

Does anyone had this issue anywhere in the world where the dealer fixed this panoramic roof alignment issue?
Bizarrely, I’ve just raised the same concern with dealership… I’m set to take delivery this week… they have confirmed it is slightly out, by 1mm on the right side… I’m going to check it in person tomorrow. I can probably live with a mm out, but it depends how noticeable it is in person.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic roof issue AEC832BA-C51B-4C54-9596-56E7F2653319

OP
OP

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic roof issue 579E7C2A-F56A-4FBE-8C9D-3E4E255B256A

My panoramic roof. You see it better in real life.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
SJ, If it's only 1mm off you should celebrate, probably one of the best aligned out there.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
SJ, If it's only 1mm off you should celebrate, probably one of the best aligned out there.
Yeah, I know… it’s nothing, but I need to see it in person. If I spotted it off a low res picture, I’m inclined to think it’s more than 1mm!

OP
OP

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
That is quite noticeable ?
It is, but Ford NL didn;t have a solution so i hope that some other Ford dealer in the world has fixed this and has a manual whatsoever for this.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic roof issue 579E7C2A-F56A-4FBE-8C9D-3E4E255B256A

My panoramic roof. You see it better in real life.
Here is the back of mine for comparison… it’s not as obvious as yours, but there is some misalignment as well. To be honest, this much I’m okay with. I hope you manage to get yours fixed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic roof issue CA47CF94-FD77-485D-892E-8DA17F88F98B

DocOfClocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-E Premium AWD, CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
All - this is not a new problem. There are many threads on this topic.

This is not something the dealer can fix. So it is your choice to buy the car or not. My dealer thought it was an issue with the windshield (it isn't - it is the roof) and wrote it into my purchase contract as a manufacturers defect that they'd replace/reseat the windshielf at any time within the warranty period, but nothing is really going to be done about this unless Ford issues a full-fledged recall. On mine, on the drivers side the windshield and roof are flush, on the passenger side the roof is raised about 1/4" above the windshield.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic roof issue Mach-E_Day1-windshield

OP
OP

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag

This is not something the dealer can fix. So it is your choice to buy the car or not. My dealer thought it was an issue with the windshield (it isn't - it is the roof) and wrote it into my purchase contract as a manufacturers defect that they'd replace/reseat the windshielf at any time within the warranty period, but nothing is really going to be done about this unless Ford issues a full-fledged recall. On mine, on the drivers side the windshield and roof are flush, on the passenger side the roof is raised about 1/4" above the windshield.
i know but I couldnt find it that fast.
this topic is NOT for the misaligned but a request for information of a dealer who fixed it somehow.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I’ve been a forum member since Jan 2020, well aware of the issue and how forums work. I’m conversing on things that are currently effecting me, since the OP’s post was quite timely.
Sponsored