Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I just brought home my MME after waiting 8 months. After about 5 hours I tried to start the car and received park break fault notice. Seems like others have had this issue but they were able to drive the car and get it serviced. My car will not start to the point where I can reverse it and take it out of the garage to take it back to the dealer. Will be calling the dealer when they open and hope something good comes out of this. Very disappointed to see this happen after 19 miles on the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I just went to turn on the car to see if the error decided to fix itself and it turned out that the car is completely dead. Guess it's the 12 v battery probably went bad like so many others have encountered. Wonder if the 12v battery has anything to do with park break sensor error. Wow this just keeps getting worse. How's the hell Ami going to get the car out of the garage.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You can try charging the 12v and see if the car will start. It will take a while for that AGM to take a charge so once you connect the charger, leave it there for an hour or two before you try starting.

Yes, bad LVB can give the fault you describe.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just brought home my MME after waiting 8 months. After about 5 hours I tried to start the car and received park break fault notice. Seems like others have had this issue but they were able to drive the car and get it serviced. My car will not start to the point where I can reverse it and take it out of the garage to take it back to the dealer. Will be calling the dealer when they open and hope something good comes out of this. Very disappointed to see this happen after 19 miles on the car.
Others are more expert than I but I think your 12v battery is weak or dead. it wouldn’t surprise me if the dealer did not charge the battery before delivery. It is not uncommon for the 12v batteries to be low after the long complicated trip from the factory in Mexico.

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I just went to turn on the car to see if the error decided to fix itself and it turned out that the car is completely dead. Guess it's the 12 v battery probably went bad like so many others have encountered. Wonder if the 12v battery has anything to do with park break sensor error. Wow this just keeps getting worse. How's the hell Ami going to get the car out of the garage.
I would bet a monthly house payment the bad 12V is what was causing the parking brake error. I've heard many instances, both with the MME and with Volts (which I previously owned) of bad 12V causing strange errors. Manufacturers really need to work on making the cars handle bad 12V batteries better.

OP
OP

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks. I will try charging the 12v battery. If the battery charges and the car turns on, should I be asking the dealer to provide a new 12v battery?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Park brake...

If you cannot open the frunk, use the leads in the bumper to open it.

Once you gain access to the battery, put a battery charger / maintainer on it. It likely will be fine once fully charged.

OP
OP

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Park brake...

If you cannot open the frunk, use the leads in the bumper to open it.

Once you gain access to the battery, put a battery charger / maintainer on it. It likely will be fine once fully charged.
Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

Calipack

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.belessdickish.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, Lamborghinis C653L, C452, C230
Country flag
See the picture in my profile?

That is how you can tow the vehicle out of your garage. Car will need to be lifted from the tires and have the opposite tires put on a dolly.

Did you leave a window down in your car? If so, you won't need to use the leads to pop the frunk - I think. If the windows are up, you will have to go through the process, I think.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Isn’t the high voltage battery supposed to charge the 12V battery if the latter gets drained and falls below the required level of charge? If the 12V battery dies does that speak to a bigger problem?

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Very disappointed to see this happen after 19 miles on the car.
Sorry this is happening to you. Certainly not something an excited owner with 19 miles on the car should have to deal with. How on earth is Ford going to mange the transition to EV's with all these nagging issues (these are things a legacy OEM should have figured out after 100 years). Keep us posted, and what resolves the issue for future owners.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I've become fairly convinced that Ford cheaped out on the 12V, and that they didn't anticipate the repercussions of such a decision in their programming.

Two unforced errors.

OP
OP

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
See the picture in my profile?

That is how you can tow the vehicle out of your garage. Car will need to be lifted from the tires and have the opposite tires put on a dolly.

Did you leave a window down in your car? If so, you won't need to use the leads to pop the frunk - I think. If the windows are up, you will have to go through the process, I think.
I had no idea what was going on last night so I closed the doors. The car locked automatically when I went inside the house and battery must have died overnight. I was able to get the frunk open using a jumper and the battery is charging at the moment. Hopefully it will charge and never have to worry about it again.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag