Parking pass issue - not working from inside Mach-E windshield?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I've tested the Fastak Flex Pass in the SF Bay Area and it works fine in the black shaded areas to the left or right of the rearview mirror. FYI (HOV and Bridge Toll Lanes)
Thats good to hear.

So far the fastrack sticker nor the fastrak flex transponder seem to be working for me through left or right dark shaded areas. But I have not tried in toll only roads yet - I have tried through HOV/toll expressways. No activity on my account. But I am not sure if its because my license plates are tagged as Clean Air Vehicle and hence getting a free pass or if there are just no readings. I called the local agency and they could not tell me if my tags are being read at all but they are mailing me a headlamp sticker.
Sponsored

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Only answer is to put it on the black dots. Some systems also work with an attachment that you can put on your license plate frame (my office building offered before I figured out the dot solution).

Giddyup

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Audi Q5e, '21 Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
I got an alternative newer "sticker" that our HOA recently started to offer. It worked! Even from the inside of the windshield. I mounted it to the left of the rearview mirror (in the area with the black dots).

OP
OP

Quick Sliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I've tried moving my tag to the black-dotted area with mixed results. My tag definitely starts working in that space on the windshield...providing the card reader is pointed at the car in such a way that it gets a good return signal from the tag. Many / most readers point at the lower left corner, so I'm also trying to change my approach angles to the gates to give the readers a better 'look' at the tag.
Sponsored