NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Think I could pay someone to debadge the car? Realize it’s prob easy but I’m paranoid I will do something to the car or that I’ll need a polisher I don’t have to make it look good as new. Think a PFf installer or someone would just take care of debadging for for a small cost?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Dental floss, then Goo Gone or WD-40. Wash area and wax. Done.

Last edited:

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
To add to what Rick just said, use a hair dryer to loosen the goo underneath and it really is super easy

edit: but yes the detailer can do it

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
I did have my wrap guys do it while they were PPFing the car. I'm not even sure they charged extra, but it was many years ago

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
To add to what Rick just said, use a hair dryer to loosen the goo underneath and it really is super easy

edit: but yes the detailer can do it
A little heat and the floss will cut like butter. If you start using knives or window etchers then invest in a DA polisher haha

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Think I could pay someone to debadge the car? Realize it’s prob easy but I’m paranoid I will do something to the car or that I’ll need a polisher I don’t have to make it look good as new. Think a PFf installer or someone would just take care of debadging for for a small cost?
automotive goo gone spray it on let it soak for 15 min then they peel off. This was posted somewhere on here not to long ago but i have done this method for previous vehicles or the hair dryer and dental floss with goo gone. Both make easy work of it. Makes you feel proud of yourself after you completed it. You got this its really simple.

OP
OP

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Appreciate the advice. Enough videos by pros on YouTube had me worried about “all the ways I could damage the clear coat”. Gonna get these ugly logos off ASAP.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Appreciate the advice. Enough videos by pros on YouTube had me worried about “all the ways I could damage the clear coat”. Gonna get these ugly logos off ASAP.
I would just call around and ask. I’m sure someone will do it. They might want you to sign a waiver about damage to the paint though.

It really isn’t hard and a little heat helps.

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I just did mine this weekend after reading about someone else doing it... I have been paranoid about breaking them when washing my car. It was super easy. Like someone said, dental floss, goo gone... easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Mcarter

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME premium AWD standard
Country flag
I got mine in last Friday and picked it up on Saturday and the dealer had already stuck their ugly logo on the back of my car. I got home and read and watched a couple youtube videos and like some of the others said, I took a hard dryer and ran it back and forth over the logo and used some dental floss and it came off rather easily. Could be that it wasn't on there for less than 24 hours also. Did you get yours debaged?

OP
OP

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Knocked it out myself. Was super easy and glue practically rolled right off.

C58FD51E-2837-4918-96B7-AAA7000E00E6.jpeg

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I removed mine by putting Goo Gone on for 15 minutes, and then grabbing sections with needle-nose pliers tips. Start at one end and pull carefully so you don't dig the edges of the plier tips into the paint. I took a paper towel and laid one layer up against the paint, to avoid digging in with the tips. The side logos pull off pretty easily. The logos will break into pieces as you're doing the pulling. Finish with GooGone to get rid of any remaining adhesive. Rinse with water. I didn't use floss this time, because of the curvy nature of the side panels. A hair blow-dryer on high heat will soften everything up.

Last edited:

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Help me understand why you'd want to remove the badges.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Help me understand why you'd want to remove the badges.
Cosmetic reasons. Some people like the “clean” look, while others want to put on side stripes.
Sponsored