Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Working my way through one issue at a time, LOL.

Phone As A Key (PAAK) works, sortof. I can lock and unlock the doors, and open the Frunk. I cannot start the car or set a depart time. Because it gets cold here, I would very much like to precondition the car and battery when possible. But every time I try, I get errors. "Warning: Vehicle failed to start."

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting on the car itself I need to change first?
Sponsored

Blair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Product Manager
Country flag
You could try keeping your car locked if you’re not already. Not a guaranteed fix, but a pretty easy troubleshoot since most Ford vehicles will fail to remote start if they’re not locked.

OP
OP

Phrozen

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, it's not that. I can lock the doors, which I just tried. Starting it etc does not work.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Working my way through one issue at a time, LOL.

Phone As A Key (PAAK) works, sortof. I can lock and unlock the doors, and open the Frunk. I cannot start the car or set a depart time. Because it gets cold here, I would very much like to precondition the car and battery when possible. But every time I try, I get errors. "Warning: Vehicle failed to start."

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting on the car itself I need to change first?
There is a setting in the car to enable remote start. Remote start is not part of PAAK - just a FordPass function.

OP
OP

Phrozen

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There is a setting in the car to enable remote start. Remote start is not part of PAAK - just a FordPass function.
Oh jeez. SMH.

Thanks!!! Once I knew this I was able to find it in like four seconds. Figured it was me just being an bozo.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh jeez. SMH.

Thanks!!! Once I knew this I was able to find it in like four seconds. Figured it was me just being an bozo.
Not a bozo! These new fangled cars have so many settings and to top it off settings are reset from time to time due to updates. I just noticed you are here in Fairbanks. Saw you drive by last night on College Road.

OP
OP

Phrozen

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not a bozo! These new fangled cars have so many settings and to top it off settings are reset from time to time due to updates. I just noticed you are here in Fairbanks. Saw you drive by last night on College Road.
Oh, small world. Pretty sure I saw you the other day on Wilbur St by the Carlson Center!

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh, small world. Pretty sure I saw you the other day on Wilbur St by the Carlson Center!
There is another Rapid Red GT here in town but I do drive in the Wilbur Street area almost daily.
Sponsored