Phone calls fail and bluetooth keeps dropping

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I've had bluetooth issues for months. Samsung phone.
I can make a call, just can't hang up. Seems a lot of people on Sync4 have this issue.
When you hang-up, the phone actually hangs-up, but on the car's display, the call timer is still going. Then about 20 seconds later, the entire phone disconnects from bluetooth and has to reconnect.

Known problem, but they can't seem to fix it.

I was hoping 4.1.2 would fix this seeing it's a major change, no dice.

Also tried in another Mach-E, same problem. And my phone works fine in any other car.
Sponsored

400 VOLT

First Name
HALLNET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT PE
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Same with my S22 and I have the 4.1.3 update...wrecked reliability of initial phone calls...have to hang up and redial. Also got in and started car today to a blank screen...a first. Did the wheel button reset and it worked fine.

Johnnyweekend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Country flag
Yes. I have to make every call twice. The first call always has heavy static or no sound at all. Hang up and then dial again and it almost always goes smooth the second try. Started immediately after the most recent OTA and remains a problem. (Going on 4 days now....)
Same exact issue.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Same with my S22 and I have the 4.1.3 update...wrecked reliability of initial phone calls...have to hang up and redial. Also got in and started car today to a blank screen...a first. Did the wheel button reset and it worked fine.
Good morning! I'd like to look into your concerns. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info at your earliest convenience.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Also, since 4.1.2, randomly while driving, "Drive mode unavailable" and it kicked me out of whisper into Engage. Try to switch back, same error message, wait a few seconds then i can switch back.

FORD, all these problems are reported here by multiple users across multiple trim levels, you (Ford) need to listen to users here. It's getting frustrating that a car this expensive gets broken with an update or fixed in one update and broken again later... I paid for a working car, not a work-in-progress early release prototype...

gokulmig

First Name
Gokul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I am having the same issue @Ford Motor Company , using Android auto wireless and then phone calls goes through but no sound, has to disconnect AA and connect only to Bluetooth to get it working. Which is pretty annoying

Ned

First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
waiting for ford
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hope this isn't the wrong place to put this. But - my 6 radio programs that come up when I select radio sometimes change from what I had programmed. It is usually the same wrong stations.
When I go to the place where my favorites are listed it is always correct. How can I get this glitch to stop.

agonmache

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachE select
Country flag
In my 22 select trim, the phone call quality is terrible, especially on highways. Is there a fix for this?

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Hope this isn't the wrong place to put this. But - my 6 radio programs that come up when I select radio sometimes change from what I had programmed. It is usually the same wrong stations.
When I go to the place where my favorites are listed it is always correct. How can I get this glitch to stop.
Is your profile switching to 'guest' or some other profile? That is a bug that has been around for a while. The way most people have stopped that is by adding an additonal 'dummy' profile. No idea why that works, but it seems to.

Ned

First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
waiting for ford
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Is your profile switching to 'guest' or some other profile? That is a bug that has been around for a while. The way most people have stopped that is by adding an additonal 'dummy' profile. No idea why that works, but it seems to.
We don't have any profiles set. I try to figure out how to set profiles.

katydyd

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach e
Country flag
I am having the same issue @Ford Motor Company , using Android auto wireless and then phone calls goes through but no sound, has to disconnect AA and connect only to Bluetooth to get it working. Which is pretty annoying
I have the same issue? Any fix?

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I have the same issue? Any fix?
I wasnt sure if it was my phone, Pixel 6a running beta 13 builds, but it seems like a wider spread issue. Most times when I make a bluetooth call (not using AA) the call fails, it acts like its calling but nothing happens, I then try again and it works fine. Sounds like what others are reporting.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yes, same problem here. Been too busy to remove and re-add the car but I will try that to see if it helps. Mostly I get the cracking during the beinning of a call or and even during sound. Somehow they screwed up the bluetooth.

You don't have to make the call twice; you can put the call on handset and switch it back to the car from the car's phone screen and it stops.
Thank you for the tip! Will give that a try. :)

KevsMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-e
Country flag
Same issue for me. I have deleted and added my phone 3 times now and it makes no difference. It’s driving me crazy having to make a call, hang up and redial. Sometimes even that doesn’t work.
Sponsored