Pines Ford refusing to honor X-plan

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
It's not a separate issue. Your comment 3 post above said it's only $845, why argue over such amount. But the bottom line is more like $2845 difference.
X plan is what the original post was about, my $845 amount was referring to x plan. That's definitely a separate issue from the ADM. When you say the term bottom line that means you're saying the sum of all separate totals. The ADM seems to be something that OP didn't notice until it was too late and agreed to pay once the deposit was made. Either way, I don't see the point in you trying to argue with me about whether I thought something was a separate issue to me.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
After reading all of this. I’m not looking forward to dealing with Pines Ford. My Mach-e was just built this week and expected to be here next month ugh. Will definitely let them know I’ll never do business with them again. Really wish I would’ve known sooner.
You should reach out to another dealer and see if you can switch over.

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
You should reach out to another dealer and see if you can switch over.
Tried that and you can’t. When you make the reservation, you choose the dealer. Ford gave me a short turn around on paying the $1,000 deposit and I couldn’t get in touch with anyone at Ford. Once you place the $1,000 deposit, they order the car on their “credit.” Whatever the terminology, you cannot switch at that point.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I think we need to set up an area on the Forum listing Dealers to be wary of.

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
I agree - but that isn't stated on the Ford.com order site. There's no disclaimer about A/X/Z/D Plan "Please consult your dealer to ensure they will accept the plan price that is different than what you see here" etc. etc. on the site.

I ordered without consulting my dealer and fully expect my plan pricing to be honored. There was no indication on Ford.com that consulting your dealer was necessary to get plan pricing on Mach-E, customers shouldn't have to lurk on the forums to buy a car. We'll see what happens when my FE gets here.

The online process created this trap because of its design.
I totally agree. It’s great that people thought to reach out to dealers beforehand, but it didn’t seem totally necessary. Especially, if that dealer takes x-plan and that car is not listed as excluded from that pricing.

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
I think we need to set up an area on the Forum listing Dealers to be wary of.
I know a dealership to add.... They just seemed lost on how to proceed with this sale and tried hard ball tactics. With informed consumers, that is not going to work.

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
No dealers in the United States ordered any Mach-e's for their inventory, they weren't allowed to. They were allowed to order a demo (FCTP) car only. Any other 'available" cars you see on websites are either cars ordered by customers or those where the customer has canceled the order or refused delivery.

Pines Ford is not an Xplan dealer. You're not going to get them to accept that price. Xplan is not a get out of jail free card. I literally just verified that with a 2-minute web search.

Most dealers in that area are not participants in x-plan. They definitely should be imo, it's one reason the dealership system is broken. But they're not participants at this time. This is a business decision on their part and yours. If the ADM they're asking is not what you want to pay, walk away and leave an appropriate review on Yelp, etc. If you still want a mach-e order another one through a far better dealer. Grabber Blue is available on the GT's. You'll have the hottest MME in the area. If not, good luck with your next car-buying experience. I sincerely hope it goes much better.

Two other things to keep in mind: You said the dealer staff called you a dishonest customer. That's not true, they should have explained the process to you and why you were mistaken instead of resorting to inflammatory rhetoric. Second, you said the dealer claimed that without the ADM they would lose money on a Mach-e sale. This is also untrue. While the profit for the car is very low due to the lack of holdbacks, there is a profit on each unit plus a few very minor dealer payments in other areas for each MME sold. The dealer was not required to join the mach-e program, they could have passed and avoided the other expenses required of EV Service Centers and EV Sales centers. They're hardly an example of a good dealer.

Good luck with your next vehicle.
And today they said they will take x-plan. Huh???? They don’t have their story straight.

Daryle

First Name
Daryle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Home inspector
Country flag
The bad is two things. One a dealer does not have to take the x-plan or A-plan. Two it's up to us to ask them at the start if they do or don't. If you're ordering a vehicle you kinda have to ask at the start of your just finding a car on the dealer's lot, then you can ask whenever you like.

The money they make off the mache is a set price for all. They are just getting the extra they are wanting to charge. That is why it is best to ask them all the important things upfront.
Is my deposit refundable if I don't take the mache? Do you accept a or x plan. Are you selling for MSRP.

https://www.axz.ford.com/axzweb/pdf/sample_a_z_plan_invoice.pdf
numbers.png
I ordered online in Dec. Just got email that production is scheduled for May 3rd. Ordering has you select a dealer before seeing the options. I haven’t spoken to the dealer at all. I did join Mustang Club in Jan so I can get my 60 days in. No idea if dealer honors x plan or if they will refund a deposit if I change. I wasn’t afforded the opportunity to ask questions up front. Did you go to a dealer to order your car?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I ordered online in Dec. Just got email that production is scheduled for May 3rd. Ordering has you select a dealer before seeing the options. I haven’t spoken to the dealer at all. I did join Mustang Club in Jan so I can get my 60 days in. No idea if dealer honors x plan or if they will refund a deposit if I change. I wasn’t afforded the opportunity to ask questions up front. Did you go to a dealer to order your car?
yes, you should have talked to the dealer that you're using and find out what the terms are of that dealer.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
yes, you should have talked to the dealer that you're using and find out what the terms are of that dealer.
What tru said. You chose not to communicate with your dealer before submitting the order. The online order system advises you to confirm certain details with your dealer prior to submitting the online order. Deposit refundability is one of the details that the web site specifically recommends you to investigate with your dealer.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
No dealers in the United States ordered any Mach-e's for their inventory, they weren't allowed to. They were allowed to order a demo (FCTP) car only. Any other 'available" cars you see on websites are either cars ordered by customers or those where the customer has canceled the order or refused delivery.

Pines Ford is not an Xplan dealer. You're not going to get them to accept that price. Xplan is not a get out of jail free card. I literally just verified that with a 2-minute web search.

Most dealers in that area are not participants in x-plan. They definitely should be imo, it's one reason the dealership system is broken. But they're not participants at this time. This is a business decision on their part and yours. If the ADM they're asking is not what you want to pay, walk away and leave an appropriate review on Yelp, etc. If you still want a mach-e order another one through a far better dealer. Grabber Blue is available on the GT's. You'll have the hottest MME in the area. If not, good luck with your next car-buying experience. I sincerely hope it goes much better.

Two other things to keep in mind: You said the dealer staff called you a dishonest customer. That's not true, they should have explained the process to you and why you were mistaken instead of resorting to inflammatory rhetoric. Second, you said the dealer claimed that without the ADM they would lose money on a Mach-e sale. This is also untrue. While the profit for the car is very low due to the lack of holdbacks, there is a profit on each unit plus a few very minor dealer payments in other areas for each MME sold. The dealer was not required to join the mach-e program, they could have passed and avoided the other expenses required of EV Service Centers and EV Sales centers. They're hardly an example of a good dealer.

Good luck with your next vehicle.
Sometimes there are mistakes made in the ordering system. The FE I bought from a dealer was a stock order. The dealer said they ordered two FTCP cars and one came in as a FE. When I did the VIN tracker it came up as a stock order not a retail order.

My situation seems to be a rare odd mistake. Dealer orders two FTCP and one comes back as a FE.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
All I have is the original online order. That shows the markup of $2k. I posted on here after that and followed advice to get the x-plan through mcoa membership.
I had the same issue, no way on the original order to do xplan pricing, but before I committed to the car I got in writing, well text message, from the general manager that I would get xplan pricing.
Sponsored