Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Definitely review the link. In short, you can get the PIN now, with or without membership. MCA's code (for Ford partner website) is MC405. But you have to present proof of membership at time of purchase, and you must have been a member of 60 days or more at that point.
Thanks. If necessary, I may have to delay my purchase date a few days, which would be incredibly painful but worth it. I’m glad I took the time to join MCA last week, which may end up being perfect timing with my expected delivery in early April.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

Keyk4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Country flag
Thanks. If necessary, I may have to delay my purchase date a few days, which would be incredibly painful but worth it. I’m glad I took the time to join MCA last week, which may end up being perfect timing with my expected delivery in early April.
It probably won't be an issue. You'll have your official MCOA membership card by then and you X-Plan PIN email. It's highly likely they won't look that closely at your join date if you get it before 60 days. Regardless you have some variables with build date, shipping, etc so looking at the dates it probably won't be an issue. Maybe the plant will be caught up by March but they were running behind. My original order was scheduled for 1/24 and was finally built on 2/9. My Mach Drop FE was built on 1/9, shipped 1/23 and is scheduled for a 2/25 delivery. It may take longer than a month for you to get delivery after build.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It probably won't be an issue. You'll have your official MCOA membership card by then and you X-Plan PIN email. It's highly likely they won't look that closely at your join date if you get it before 60 days. Regardless you have some variables with build date, shipping, etc so looking at the dates it probably won't be an issue. Maybe the plant will be caught up by March but they were running behind. My original order was scheduled for 1/24 and was finally built on 2/9. My Mach Drop FE was built on 1/9, shipped 1/23 and is scheduled for a 2/25 delivery. It may take longer than a month for you to get delivery after build.
Agreed, it does not appear that they are looking that closely. When you generate the PIN the system does not ask you for your membership number. When you go to the dealer they ask to copy the card. So at least have your card by the time you pickup, if not just delay until you get it. The discount is well worth the wait.

Note that I think the plan caps the dealer doc fees to $100 or at least it did for me. The normal fee in NJ is almost $500 bucks.

Good luck!

Razorbak86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW R1150GS, Lexus RX-450h
Country flag
I went through the reservation process and discovered that my dealer is adding a mark up to the car.
My Mach-e was delivered to the dealership and I presented the X-plan. I went through financing, was about to sign, and then they tell me that I can’t have the car. Why? I was dishonest in never telling them that I had the option to use x-plan pricing. In fact, I had told anyone that I dealt with at the dealership that I was going to use this plan. They want $2k over the Msrp. And are claiming that they will be in the hole If they fulfill my order. This is a dealership that had ZERO contact with me during the ENTIRE process. They simply confirmed the order that I had already placed with Ford. Had anyone had similar experiences?
Well said. I totally agree. They know they can turn around and sell this someone else for a lot more. I’m thinking about abandoning this whole plan and going to Tesla.
Lisa, before you do anything, please send a direct message (DM) to Tom Borah (@DealerInsider), the Owner Operator of Chapman Ford of Horsham (PA), and explore your options. Just click on his profile link above and then click the button to “Start Conversation”.

FYI, Tom is a participant on both the Bronco6G forum and the Mach-E forum, and he is IMHO one of the most helpful and transparent Ford dealers in the United States. He also accepts A/Z/X-Plan pricing and can ship vehicles across country. Tom may be able to work with you to figure out a solution to your problem.

Tom’s attractive pricing, transparency with customers, quick responses to inquires, and problem-solving skills are the reasons why he has racked up over 100 Bronco reservations from states all across the nation in the last month.

Refer to his introductory post on this forum for more info...

Hi everyone! I have scrolled thru the last 2 weeks of threads and couldn't find any input from any dealers...if the forum is looking for a supportive dealer, please let me know...

My name is Tom & im an active member over at the Bronco6g forum...one of the members there, said he was a member here, so I figured I would offer my help...

If any members are looking for A/Z/X plan pricing...just DM me your build, and Ill send back a copy of the Ford DORA (dealer order receipt acknowledgement) showing those pricing plans...

Also, anyone is welcome to include me in any Ford or dealer questions and ill get the answer for you...

Im sure the Ford Ad Covenant has been discusses previously here, so I can only cite an offer once a member has engaged in one-on-one negotiations directly with the me via phone, e-mail, or other direct communications...feel free to DM me anytime and we can start a conversion...

If this has been already brought up in the forum, i apologize...thank you!

Last edited:

0CO2

First Name
0CO2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Occupation
Academic
Country flag
I just took delivery of what I'm told was the first MME delivered in Oregon (a FE). The dealer didn't add any markup, and when I let them know I qualified for X-Plan one day before I completed the sale, they honored it. Ok a little grumbling, but they said it only cost the $70 to honor what amounted to a $1k discount, so they'd be willing to do it. It's pretty much what I'd expect in Corvallis, Oregon. It's a small enough place that everybody knows somebody, or at least somebody you know...

Rockcity313

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Atlas
Country flag
I went through the reservation process and discovered that my dealer is adding a mark up to the car.
My Mach-e was delivered to the dealership and I presented the X-plan. I went through financing, was about to sign, and then they tell me that I can’t have the car. Why? I was dishonest in never telling them that I had the option to use x-plan pricing. In fact, I had told anyone that I dealt with at the dealership that I was going to use this plan. They want $2k over the Msrp. And are claiming that they will be in the hole If they fulfill my order. This is a dealership that had ZERO contact with me during the ENTIRE process. They simply confirmed the order that I had already placed with Ford. Had anyone had similar experiences?
I ordered with x plan. They specifically said I have to come in and order it in person for xplan pricing. They gave me a copy of the order details which includes the cost breakdown (including xplan discount) and the balance owed once the car is in. And of course I got the email from Ford with the order. Also, for xplan pricing, the terms are very clear that the you must present your xplan info upfront. I doubt you'll get xplan retroactively, but you probably shouldn't have a markup unless stated when you placed the order. If you placed an order, I'm assuming you should have some sort of proof showing the final price. When I was choosing dealerships on the website, It showed some dealers in my area were charging $500 deposits while some were charging $1000.

Rockcity313

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Atlas
Country flag
Would try to speak with senior management at Ford and try them to resolve this matter. It’s not fair for us customers having waited more than a year, so through waves of emotions and than allow a greedy dealer ruin the experience.
This may be harsh, but this is not really shenanigans. This sounds like excuses and refusal to take accountability for one's own actions. She agreed to the price online and placed the order. Is you placed an order, then you know that you see the total dealer selling price before entering any credit card info. Realizing that you ordered a $60k product without a) reading the large print break cost breakdown or b) without shopping around at few dealerships isn't an excuse to blame a dealership for their unwillingness to change the terms of the agreement. And Xplan terms also require upfront notification.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I know of another one that will be available after I walk away from this deal!!!!
make sure to leave a nice, detailed Yelp review for dealership. Then, post link to the Yelp review so we can all acknowledge how much your review helps us never to buy a car there,

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Looks I might be getting a Tesla!! I’m over this.
Better Business Bureau complaint
Yelp review - slam them
Local Chamber of Commerce - file a complaint
Go to their web site and file an accurate and truthful review

They will likely lose sales and, unfortunately, probably will not know or care.

So sorry for your having this experience!

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This is why I’m thankful to be in Metro Detroit. Every dealer in this region does virtually 100% of their business on A, Z, and X Plans, as everyone here is either a friend or family member of a Ford employee. When you order a car here, it’s just assumed that one of these prices will apply. That also makes me wonder how these dealers make money; I think they make it up in maintenance, given the terrible state of our roads ;)

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I don't blame you. At the end of the say Ford shoulders this. They allow this to happen. That could change if they decided to fix their dealer agreements. But it won't until they realize it is hurting their bottom line.

Prashantsukhs

Banned
Banned
First Name
Prashant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
The senior manager, Clark, is the one who sat me down and reprimanded me for presenting the x-plan. His position is that I went against an “agreement” with the dealership. This issue is coming from the top.
I mean senior in Michigan Ford
This may be harsh, but this is not really shenanigans. This sounds like excuses and refusal to take accountability for one's own actions. She agreed to the price online and placed the order. Is you placed an order, then you know that you see the total dealer selling price before entering any credit card info. Realizing that you ordered a $60k product without a) reading the large print break cost breakdown or b) without shopping around at few dealerships isn't an excuse to blame a dealership for their unwillingness to change the terms of the agreement. And Xplan terms also require upfront notification.
I realize when you place order the final invoice shows the selling price. Our dealer didnot add additional to this. May be some dealers have it added in the system. Also the deposit was only 500$.
So I guess the MSRP includes the dealer profit for them.

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Do you know the help line number? I called ford this morning but was transferred around to departments that were closed today
[/QUOTEhere
Do you know the help line number? I called ford this morning but was transferred around to departments that were closed today
Here you go......
800-392-3673

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just one thing. They did accept the plan. They processed all of the paperwork and had my loan documents ready to sign. They called us in to come sign and then called back with various lies about the $1,000 deposit. That is when the manager came in with his speech. They retracted AFTER they processed the sale using the x-plan. And when I went in there in November(ish), I told the sales associate that I would be using the x_-plan and she said no problem, as long as it wasn’t restricted on the website (like the GT).
If they presented you the paperwork for X Plan pricing, that supersedes all prior orders and conversations. You were provided a new contract price. If they then reneged on that deal, I think you have a case that they conducted a "Bait and Switch". They called you and had you come in based on X Plan pricing. Then after you got there, they up-charged you. That might be considered an illegal act in some states. Just sayin'.
Sponsored