MonorailGrey

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Premium AWD standard range
Country flag
I mostly charge at home and rarely drive far, but I went to an Electrify America station today, plugged in and walked away. Came back to >80% 45 minutes later. Not sure how many other cars do plug and charge now outside of Tesla, but this is an amazing feature we’ve had since day one and I just think it’s great
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Agreed, I don't take many long road trips in my Mustang but the times I have plug and charge has worked really well.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I do a lot of road tripping and I usually don't use P&C with EA because they haven't connected my VIN to my EA account to the price is higher for P&C sessions. My partner always uses P&C, so we often have a mix of costs during the road trips we do together.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have not taken many road trips in my Mach-E, but I recently took a round trip from San Diego to Phoenix and Plug and Charge worked flawlessly with several Electrify America and EVgo stations, as well as the Tesla Magic Dock in Glendale. The charging experience was easy and all the receipts were sent to my e-mail.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I use EVGo AutoCharge+ with true plug and charge.

I avoid EA unless on a road trip.

Can't wait for Tesla P&C if my $200 adapter ever arrives before Ford's..

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We've used P&C over 100 times. Works great. Its not just easier, I'm convinced it's made charging more dependable too. It eliminates some possible failure points that can plague activation. It bypasses the phone app that can have spotty cell service, phone app bugs, locked up phone, dead battery, etc. One less communication step.

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Yes plug and charge works great I do not have alot of EA chargers in my area.

As my NACS adapter is going to be mid summer I did buy the Lectron adapter and hoping Tesla SC is just as flawless.

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
I do a lot of road tripping and I usually don't use P&C with EA because they haven't connected my VIN to my EA account to the price is higher for P&C sessions. My partner always uses P&C, so we often have a mix of costs during the road trips we do together.
Why isn’t your account connected for EA? Curious. How do you connect it?

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Why isn’t your account connected for EA? Curious. How do you connect it?
I think P&C bypasses the EA plan+ account for some reason? Alternatively, it's entirely possible that it's my fault. I set up P&C two years ago, on the day we picked up the Mustang, and before I set up the discount EA account.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think P&C bypasses the EA plan+ account for some reason? Alternatively, it's entirely possible that it's my fault. I set up P&C two years ago, on the day we picked up the Mustang, and before I set up the discount EA account.
Don't expect P&C to ever pick up the EA Pass+ discount. That doesn't work because they're different accounts (wallet) paying for the charge.

EA Pass+ is a discount that applies when paying with your EA account. You have to activate the session through the EA app (swipe or phone tap) in order to get the EA account to pay for it.

P&C uses your Ford account. Same with FordPass swipe, and Charge Assist. If you activate the session with any of those, you're not paying with your EA account thus their Pass+ discount can't apply. Gotta pay with your EA account to get that.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I don't road trip with the MME, but I wanted to try DCFC once to make sure it works before my warranty expired. Plug and Charge failed miserably. First the EA station said "Payment not authorized". I unplugged and plugged back in and it just sat there not doing anything. I unplugged and replugged a few more times with no more success. Eventually, I gave up on P&C and just activated the station with FordPass.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Don't expect P&C to ever pick up the EA Pass+ discount. That doesn't work because they're different accounts (wallet) paying for the charge.

EA Pass+ is a discount that applies when paying with your EA account. You have to activate the session through the EA app (swipe or phone tap) in order to get the EA account to pay for it.

P&C uses your Ford account. Same with FordPass swipe, and Charge Assist. If you activate the session with any of those, you're not paying with your EA account thus their Pass discount can't apply. Gotta pay with your EA account to get that.
That's been my experience. Just wasn't sure if there was some other way to do it.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's been my experience. Just wasn't sure if there was some other way to do it.
Nope. Be nice if it did, but when you really think about it, it makes sense. Any discount plan is only going to apply to the account being used to pay for the charge.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't road trip with the MME, but I wanted to try DCFC once to make sure it works before my warranty expired. Plug and Charge failed miserably. First the EA station said "Payment not authorized". I unplugged and plugged back in and it just sat there not doing anything. I unplugged and replugged a few more times with no more success. Eventually, I gave up on P&C and just activated the station with FordPass.
It has to be set up first, in Connected Service. Plug&Charge has to be toggled on, and you have to have a credit card registered in your Ford Wallet. Sometimes takes a little time for that to all go through and be ready for a charge at a station, but you only have to set it up once.
Sponsored